A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: ForrestMarkX
About Contact
Last Post: Mar 27, 2014 05:38 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
ForrestMarkX has contributed to 3 posts out of 468140 total posts (0.00%) in 1,790 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Internal Halo HUD help Mar 27, 2014 05:38 AM (Total replies: 4)

Quote: --- Original message by: Hell_Jumper_056

Here is Halos best output. You can already see that the hud is 'pixelly'. That's just how the whole game is.

What you could try, is scale the bitmaps larger manually, and see if that makes a difference. I think one way that people make high-res huds is by making the bitmaps big, then in the engine, shrink them down to the appropriate size.

Looking at your pic, The Unreal Engine is shrinking the bitmaps vertically.
Edited by Hell_Jumper_056 on Mar 27, 2014 at 05:10 AM

In Unreal Engine you can only scale the texture, there is also a default scale option but this does not scale the texture but the canvas around it which would cause the texture to be cutoff but that's about it the only other thing you can do is define what the dimensions are and other things

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Internal Halo HUD help Mar 27, 2014 05:00 AM (Total replies: 4)

Quote: --- Original message by: Hell_Jumper_056
I remember hearing people having problems with halo and its resolution (I think OS fixed it). But your problem might be related with the screen resolution. I'm pretty sure that Halo outputs at 800x600, while The Unreal Engine outputs at 1080 something, so the bitmaps might be stretching. Not too sure though, but it might be worth looking into (I think the High-res scale has something to do with the pixel ratio, not too sure though).

Hmm I see so it's possible that Unreal Engine is stretching the bitmap how it should be like then?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Internal Halo HUD help Mar 26, 2014 06:38 AM (Total replies: 4)

Hello, wanted to ask if anyone knows how the option "Use High-res scale" works in Halo cause I've been working on a port of Halo on UnrealEngine 2 and the problem is the hud using the exact same bitmaps and settings do not look as good as they do in-game and I believe it's cause of that flag but I can't reproduce it within UnrealEngine 2 as I do not know how it works.

I highly doubt the guys at BeyondUnreal knows so I decided to come here to ask

Here is a picture of how it looks in UE2, the color values, bitmaps and locations used are the exact same present in Halo
http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/597031221470847637/EFF54DCE352380CD088618622C17C4129D9565DC/1024x576.resizedimage

I've been opting to just redo the hud bitmaps

Time: Sun February 17, 2019 10:24 PM 188 ms.
A Halo Maps Website