A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: kinpat
About Contact
Last Post: Jul 12, 2014 04:06 PM
Interests:
Your Age: 18
What Games do you play: All kind of games
:D

Post Statistics
kinpat has contributed to 57 posts out of 469450 total posts (.01%) in 2,031 days (.03 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » nav-points on top of ai Jul 12, 2014 04:06 PM (Total replies: 2)

So how can I get nav-point appear on top of all ai inside specified encounter, because right now I can only get the nav-point appear on top of only one ai inside that encounter?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » problems with music in maps Jul 9, 2014 10:05 AM (Total replies: 7)

Well I have always done it that way. But I just fixed it by changing the .sound tag's type to "game event" instead of setting it to "music" (not my idea, taken from firefight descent), and that way the music doesn't stop every 30 seconds. Only problem is that I cant control the music's volume from settings menu, but I think that I'll figure out an another way.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » problems with music in maps Jul 8, 2014 01:57 PM (Total replies: 7)

In my case its a sound_looping tag that emits from the player. Have also tried playing the song from normal sound tag (not loop) but that didnt work either.

Edit: tried to emit the music for example from some scenery, same results.
Edited by kinpat on Jul 8, 2014 at 03:38 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » problems with music in maps Jul 8, 2014 11:52 AM (Total replies: 7)

how can I prevent my music from stopping and starting again in the middle of the song when there's lots of thing happening in my map? For example if a lot of ai shoot near me, the song will stop and start again... Any ways to fix this?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Sum qeustions Jul 4, 2014 02:49 PM (Total replies: 10)

Quote: --- Original message by: Reegar Carbine
(script startup test
(sleep 100)
(ai_place enemy/halo)
(sleep_until (= (ai_status enemy/halo) 5))
(sound_impulse_start sound\music\cstrng\cstrng3 none 1.00)
(game_save_totally_unsafe)
(ai_command_list enemy/halo go)
(sleep_until (= (ai_living_count enemy/halo) 0) 15)
(set death true)
))

you have one bracket too much in the end

(script startup test
(sleep 100)
(ai_place enemy/halo)
(sleep_until (= (ai_status enemy/halo) 5))
(sound_impulse_start sound\music\cstrng\cstrng3 none 1.00)
(game_save_totally_unsafe)
(ai_command_list enemy/halo go)
(sleep_until (= (ai_living_count enemy/halo) 0) 15)
(set death true)
) <---------- only one here needed

and btw, sapien will always show you that what line has the problem before saying the problem itself, so try to look that when you fix problems.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Sum qeustions Jul 4, 2014 12:04 PM (Total replies: 10)

Quote: --- Original message by: Reegar Carbine
(global boolean death false)

(script static unit player0
(unit (list_get (players) 0))
)

(script startup test
(sleep_until (= (volume_test_objects safe (player0)) true) 15)
(set death true) <--- this should deactivate the deatbarrier
)

(script continuous death_barrier
(if (= death false) <--this should check if the player hasnt entered the trigger called 'safe'
(sleep_until (= (volume_test_objects death_barrier (player0)) true) 15)
(unit_kill (player0))
))

remember to look what these commands return; for example "volume_test_objects" returns true or false, depending on the fact that is the object in the volume or not. That's why in if's and sleep_until's you have to have that (.....(= (.......) true/false)) thing. And btw, if you are only checking that 1 thing is in the volume use the volume_test_object (without the "s") instead.
Edited by kinpat on Jul 4, 2014 at 12:10 PM

Edit: tested myself, ran into same exception. But this script seems to work:

(global boolean death false)

(script static unit player0 (unit (list_get (players) 0)))

(script startup test
(sleep_until (= (volume_test_object *volume1* (player0)) true) 15)
(set death true)
)

(script continuous death_barrier
(if (= death false)
(begin
(if (= (volume_test_object *volume2* (player0)) true) <----- here
(begin
(unit_kill (player0))
)))))

Using sleep_until command in *here wont work, 'cause the death global is false in the beginning, and the script gets to point where it sleeps until you go to this volume, and in that case, changing the value of the death global wont help anymore (because the script waits for the sleep, and doesn't care for the if anymore). (and remember to have that *(begin* after the *if* if you dont have an *else* event to happen.) Hope you understood.
Edited by kinpat on Jul 4, 2014 at 12:32 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Sum qeustions Jul 4, 2014 10:08 AM (Total replies: 10)

(script startup death_barrier
(if (= death true)
(sleep_until (volume_test_objects test (players)) 15)
(unit_kill (unit (list_get (players) 0)
)))

edit: also to make it more simple, if you already have this set up,

(script static unit player0 <---------------
(unit (list_get (players) 0))
)

you dont have to do it like this:

(unit_kill (unit (list_get (players) 0)

but like this:

(unit_kill (player0))
Edited by kinpat on Jul 4, 2014 at 10:38 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » H2 jackal accuracy -_- Jul 3, 2014 07:47 PM (Total replies: 2)

Edit: well got it working now; just had to put the "burst return angle" to 0, rather than being 15.
Edited by kinpat on Jul 4, 2014 at 05:16 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Tool Problem Jul 3, 2014 03:38 PM (Total replies: 8)

probably max 2014's fault. It seems that the exporters don't work very well with it.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Sum qeustions Jul 3, 2014 02:38 PM (Total replies: 10)

Quote: --- Original message by: Heatguts
1: sleep_until (= ((ai_status <ai>) (5))) I think. Regardless ai_status of <ai> should equal 5 (visible enemy).

just fixing... (too many brackets...)

(sleep_until (= (ai_status <ai>) 5))

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » H2 jackal accuracy -_- Jul 3, 2014 02:29 PM (Total replies: 2)

How can I make the h2 jackal (from this pack: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=4703 ) be accurate with the carbine or the beam rifle? Because 95% of the time they wont hit me and they just shoot to ether side of me but not directly at me... So is the problem in the actor, biped, weapon, etc? Because I cant seem to get it fixed... Oh and the carbine's and the beam rifle's labels are set to a plasma pistol (pp), 'cause they couldn't hold those weapons with their original labels, could that be the problem?

Halo CE General Discussion » Best looking bipeds. Jun 28, 2014 02:54 PM (Total replies: 30)

Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77
Quote: --- Original message by: Vergil
The Lost Spartan

http://hce.halomaps.org/images/files/lg/maya20060711142423013ry.jpg
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=1968

looks cool, but I wouldn't recommend it to a singleplayer map; ai seem to have problems targeting this biped (will always shoot to your left side for some weird reason)

I got some more questions.

How do you respawn the player in a singleplayer map? I'm assuming they never actually die.

Well, I'm not completely sure but there's no way you can respawn after you die (not sure how mooseguy and pepzee did it in descent though...) but easiest way would be to give the player the deathless cheat right at the beginning of the game, and teleport the player to a certain flag after health has gone to almost 0 (if you dont want to use checkpoints)

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » loadout system Jun 28, 2014 01:45 PM (Total replies: 15)

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
For SPV3 missions with loadouts we just start the player off with no weapons, and then give them a player profile. There is no way to get rid of the weapons in the players inventory without some convoluted scripting methods.

According to hs_doc:

(player_add_equipment <unit> <starting_profile> <boolean>)
adds/resets the player's health, shield, and inventory (weapons and grenades) to the named profile. resets if third parameter is true, adds if false.

It wouldn't really matter if they have weapons or not according to this, right? It would just override the weapon.

wont work; that script will eliminate everything except the weapon you are holding. For example if you have 2 weapons and you get a new starting profile, the weapon you were holding will be as your third weapon, alongside the new weapons.
Edited by kinpat on Jun 28, 2014 at 01:47 PM
Edited by kinpat on Jun 28, 2014 at 01:47 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » loadout system Jun 28, 2014 01:25 PM (Total replies: 15)

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
For SPV3 missions with loadouts we just start the player off with no weapons, and then give them a player profile. There is no way to get rid of the weapons in the players inventory without some convoluted scripting methods.

yeah, that's what thought... well I'm gona then stick with this one, 'cause it workes the way I need it to work (in a firefightmap where you spawn multiple times)
Edited by kinpat on Jun 28, 2014 at 01:25 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » loadout system Jun 28, 2014 09:17 AM (Total replies: 15)

thx for the bump
Well I sort of fixed it, but not the way I originally wanted but at least it works now;
Again, lets say I have an AR and an SR. when I click the button, it will give me a new starting profile, that's weapons are SMG and a shotgun. next I'll give the player an empty loadout that will remove all other weapons except the primary one, in this case, smg. next I will create 2 weapons, smg and shotgun that I will attach to the player and instantly detach from the player and shortly delete the weapon if it still exists. The reason I create BOTH weapons again is that if some loadouts have same weapons, and I might have the secondary W equipped, it might cause the player not having both weapons from the new loadout. But still if anyone knows an easier method to this, and would like to share his/hers knowledge, I would greatly appreciate it.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » loadout system Jun 27, 2014 09:59 AM (Total replies: 15)

ok so I'm trying to do a working loadout system (nothing fancy descent style but a simpler one) but I have this one problem left: lets say I have a AR as primary W and SR as secondary W. Then I click this button that will give me a new player profile with new weapons. The problem is that the previous classes primary weapon will stay as my third weapon, alongside the new weapons... how can I prevent this from happening? (giving an empty loadout before the new one doesn't seem to work ether..)

So in the end, the thing what I'm looking for is to make player lose ALL weapons by using a script, not just the secondary weapon.
Edited by kinpat on Jun 27, 2014 at 05:40 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » lightmaps? Jun 24, 2014 05:17 PM (Total replies: 11)

Any ways to do without os-tool? 'Cause I'm using regular tool.. and sry for asking so much, I'm rly not an expert at these things and I've already put too much time in fixing the light etc, and I'm already becoming too tired to actually fix them, and that's why I cant really figure out anything myself anymore...
Edited by kinpat on Jun 24, 2014 at 05:29 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » lightmaps? Jun 24, 2014 03:53 PM (Total replies: 11)

in the "render to texture" should I choose "use existing channel" or "use automatic channel" in the mapping coordinates section, because in the tutorial "use existing channel" at channel "1" was used and that just gives me black renders...

edit: used the automatic thingy, made the omnilight (always did), everything messed up again.... its weird though cause in 3ds max renders the map looked great, but in sapien its all messed up :(
Edited by kinpat on Jun 24, 2014 at 04:03 PM
Edited by kinpat on Jun 24, 2014 at 04:05 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » lightmaps? Jun 24, 2014 03:13 PM (Total replies: 11)

ok, seriously, being trying to get this thing working for the past 3 hours and it still doesnt work. Did everything like in the tutorial, but still the lightmaps are all messed up, and by this point i'm pretty sure the problem has to do with the bsp itself, because when I import the bsp, it looks like this: , and it doesn't look too nice to me

Time: Tue November 12, 2019 4:46 AM 235 ms.
A Halo Maps Website