A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Cortexian
About Contact
Last Post: Mar 7, 2015 10:37 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
Cortexian has contributed to 31 posts out of 469505 total posts (.01%) in 2,044 days (.02 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

So I found this...

http://i.imgur.com/1lScSdM.png
Edited by Cortexian on Mar 7, 2015 at 10:38 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hhWB4di4_s

Here's my play-through from last night on Twitch TV.
Edited by Cortexian on Mar 5, 2015 at 06:43 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Your CD KEY is Invalid Aug 26, 2014 03:02 PM (Total replies: 42)

Quote: --- Original message by: WWLinkMasterX
I know this is going to sound suspect, but you should PM me what your key is, and I'll tell you if it's part of the "common eight."

Actually, just google your key. If it turns up any results you've been screwed.

Better way would be to PM him the common eight, lmao.

Halo CE General Discussion » Official Halo CE Files - Torrent Mirror Aug 26, 2014 02:58 PM (Total replies: 64)

These are still online, along with halo-ce.com!

Feel free to tell your friends and stop by to say hello!

You're not running both servers on the same (default) ports are you? If you haven't defined a different port than the default on at least one server you'll run into conflicts I believe.

Halo CE General Discussion » Help Installing Patch 1.0.10?? May 28, 2014 01:36 AM (Total replies: 10)

If you had a legitimate key, you wouldn't of needed a No-CD patch since the official 1.09 patch removed the need to have the CD in the system for verification (because even Bungie realized that our CD keys were probably getting worn out/lost after almost a decade of use).

Sorry but your story just sounds really fishy.

Quote: --- Original message by: The Doctor70% of the actual HCE comunity were born after HCE release.

So?

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Halo-Combat-Evolved-PC-Game/productID.253659000

http://www.amazon.com/Halo-Combat-Evolved-PC/dp/B00009TW6R

Mircosoft even offers free shipping, and $20 is like the same price you spend to go to a movie in the cinema and get some snacks. Definitely worth it for the awesome experience that is Halo 1 PC.
Edited by Cortexian on May 28, 2014 at 01:38 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Official Halo CE Files - Torrent Mirror May 27, 2014 01:02 AM (Total replies: 64)

GIVE US THE TAGS!!!!!!!!

I've updated to a different tracker, this should be more stable (the other one seemed to be going offline randomly).

The old torrents will remain active for a few weeks at least. All download links now link to the new files, and if you'd like to update your current seeds you can do so by adding the following tracker:
http://tracker.halo-ce.com/tracker.php/announce

Cheers,
Cortex
Edited by Cortexian on May 27, 2014 at 01:02 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Possible Halo Television Show May 26, 2014 11:55 AM (Total replies: 26)

There are many ways that the Halo universe could be adopted to a very successful television series.

I've always thought that something like Forward Unto Dawn would be good, except instead of doing something focused on the recruits, focus on a Marine or ODST squad during the beginning of the war. Perhaps a Marine that was involved in some kind of first-contact battle and then drafted into the ODST program after he was one of the only survivors.

Basically, this could be really good as long as it's not focused on the Chief (we all know what the Chief has done). They could remake the book Fall of Reach into a TV show or movie, or any of the other books for that matter.

There are a lot of options with pretty darn good story-lines to follow.

Halo CE General Discussion » Help Installing Patch 1.0.10?? May 26, 2014 11:50 AM (Total replies: 10)

Halo CE never came with a CD, you needed to have purchased Halo PC to get a legitimate code. If your little brother uses the exact same copy, it sounds like you guys pirated the game.

Unfortunate.

Halo CE General Discussion » Official Halo CE Files - Torrent Mirror May 23, 2014 12:28 PM (Total replies: 64)

They can track all they want, they can't do anything about it though since it's outside their jurisdiction. That and the box in Sweden basically means they will not disclose any information about what is on the box. So grats, they know there's a server in Sweden hosting some files, good luck finding out which box since all the hosts there will tell the FBI to screw off.

:)

Halo CE General Discussion » Official Halo CE Files - Torrent Mirror May 23, 2014 11:38 AM (Total replies: 64)

Well the .torrents are hosted in Canada, and the actual files are in Sweden... So good luck FBI?

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo GUNGAME May 23, 2014 12:47 AM (Total replies: 16)

I rented a VPS in Los Angeles for a month to see how it is. It gives me the resources to run (I think) about 2-3 servers for about the same price as the gameservers.com server I rented. Please try this server by joining either of the following two servers:

You can also use the following addresses to connect the server (a little easier to remember if you're not running HAC2 and have no server bookmarking):
game.halo-ce.com:2302
game.halo-ce.com:2305

GUNGAME2 is running the exact same setup as the GUNGAME you have been loving. Please play on both and let me know if you think GUNGAME2 runs the same/better/worse.
Edited by Cortexian on May 26, 2014 at 12:10 PM

EDIT: Moved all the services to the VPS and shut down the gameservers.com server.

DOUBLE EDIT: Hey all, I've pushed some updates to the server.

You start with a Rocket Launcher now, work down to a Plasma Pistol, and then an Oddball for a melee kill. Than you have to work your way back up Plasma Pistol -> Rocket Launcher, and finally the flag pole for another kill.

This extends the duration of the games.

Sehe also added event_wdrop into SAPP for me so I can give Oddballs and Flag Poles back to people if they drop them by accident.

Game type is pretty solid now, but still, please report any issues!
Edited by Cortexian on Jun 1, 2014 at 02:59 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo GUNGAME May 21, 2014 09:57 PM (Total replies: 16)

There has been a recurring problem with my business line provider that they're fighting to solve, however that shouldn't be a problem since a Chicago slot opened up for a Halo CE server. I've purchased a server for 12 months, and will have it up and running tonight.

EDIT: The server has been moved to gameservers.com successfully! You can connect to the server using the 1.0.10 server list or the following address in Direct IP connection option:
gungame.halo-ce.com

Direct IP option works if you're still using version 1.09.

DOUBLE EDIT: I pushed an update to the gametype that removes 'nades and implements the reverse-order. It now takes 22 kills to win.

TRIPLE EDIT: Server moved to a VPS instead of gameservers.com... Above address (gungame.halo-ce.com) should let you connect to the new server in 4~ hours.
Edited by Cortexian on May 26, 2014 at 12:04 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo GUNGAME May 21, 2014 02:50 PM (Total replies: 16)

That hasn't been our experience so far with the testing we have done. We've had 6-8 player matches and almost always, one play gets a good 3-4 kill lead on everyone else and they have issues catching up. Even after these changes giving "power weapons" first.

It's supposed to be more challenging the higher up the tiers you go anyway.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo GUNGAME May 21, 2014 12:59 PM (Total replies: 16)

You may run into issues with simply not being able to do some of that. There's no way to disarm a player completely and only let them punch. You'd need a custom map with a custom "weapon" in it that was just FP arms with punching animations, and you'd need to make that the default starting weapon for the map and use "Custom" starting equipment in your game type.

Not possible with just server-side scripts like GUNGAME :)

BTW I've made some changes to GUNGAME. Instead of starting with low powered weapons and working your way up to the high power ones, it's reversed now. You start with high power and work you way down. This lets people who join late have a chance, and it makes it HARDER as you progress.

Halo CE General Discussion » Official Halo CE Files - Torrent Mirror May 20, 2014 12:31 PM (Total replies: 64)

Get your petty bickering out of my thread.

@Dennis: Oh dear, guess it's not 100% legal then.

The download will remain up, as this is a service for people who don't have their disc's or have somehow broken or damaged their discs in the decade of their existence. I 100% believe that this is beneficial to all that need it and detrimental to no one.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo GUNGAME May 19, 2014 04:24 PM (Total replies: 16)

The IP shouldn't change for a while. I have a business class connection to my residence (where this is hosted until gameservers.com has some openings in Chicago).

As I said it's mostly a beta-testing server right now to make sure the game type is right. Once it's a bit more refined and gameservers.com has openings in their Chicago datacenter, I will be hosting the server there. When this happens the IP will obviously change, however you will still be able to connect using game.halo-ce.com:2310.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo GUNGAME May 19, 2014 04:17 PM (Total replies: 16)

Hey everyone!

I'm pleased to announce that I've successfully setup a Halo GUNGAME style Halo CE server on version 1.0.10! If you've ever played this extremely popular game mode in Counter Strike or Call of Duty you'll know what I mean, but for those of you that don't here's a brief explanation!

GUNGAME is a Free For All (FFA) game mode. Everyone starts with the same weapon, and every time you get a kill your weapon is replaced with a new one. The first person to use all of the weapons in the game to get a kill is the winner.

I'm still beta testing this game mode and I'm playing around with some different options when it comes to weapon order and such. If you think this sounds fun please feel free to checkout the BUNGIE GUNGAME server on Halo CE version 1.0.10.

If you're using 1.09 still, you can check out the server by using Direct IP and connecting to:
gungame.halo-ce.com

Cheers,
Cortex
Edited by Cortexian on May 21, 2014 at 10:23 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Bungie officiall releases 1.010 May 16, 2014 04:57 PM (Total replies: 39)

The Halo CE and PC 1.0.10 (aka 1.10) patches are also available through my torrent mirror now. They're small though so downloading from the official sources shouldn't be a problem unless they go offline.

They're there if you want 'em though!

http://www.halo-ce.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2

Halo CE General Discussion » Official Halo CE Files - Torrent Mirror May 14, 2014 06:46 PM (Total replies: 64)

I don't believe it is illegal when the intention of the image is to provide a downloadable copy of the retail disc for customers who have misplaced or broken their disc, but still have their CD key.

My disc is over a decade old, and I wasn't sure it was even going to successfully read in my drive because the disc is so worn down from the days before I converted all my discs to images and started using virtual drives for everything.

Microsoft even gives you the ability to mount disc images natively in their OS now.

If someone contacts me through official channels and requests that I take the image down, I will comply, but to the best of my knowledge it's 100% legal in this situation.

Time: Tue December 10, 2019 5:16 AM 234 ms.
A Halo Maps Website