A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: DoorM4n
About Contact
Last Post: Sep 20, 2014 09:37 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play: Halo Series
Spiral Out, Keep Going!

Post Statistics
DoorM4n has contributed to 15 posts out of 469450 total posts (0.00%) in 1,999 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Removing Friend Indicators on Screen Sep 20, 2014 09:37 PM (Total replies: 8)

Crap. I was hoping to avoid modding tools. Thanks for the help.

Halo CE General Discussion » Removing Friend Indicators on Screen Sep 19, 2014 07:30 PM (Total replies: 8)

I appreciate the reply. I'm actually looking to join servers and then disable them.

Halo CE General Discussion » Removing Friend Indicators on Screen Sep 19, 2014 06:51 PM (Total replies: 8)

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a way to remove the friend indicator on my screen when I join servers online.

Is there any way to do this through the Halo CE game files?
Will spectator mode remove the indicators?
Will a trainer remove the indicators?
Are there any machinima tools built to do this?

Thanks for the help. I greatly appreciate it.

Best,
DoorM4n
Edited by DoorM4n on Sep 19, 2014 at 07:30 PM

General Machinima Discussions » Removing Green Friendly Markers on Screen Sep 18, 2014 06:07 PM (Total replies: 1)

I'm trying to do some minor flying movements while in combat on a Halo CE server, but as I go into camera mode, the green markers above allies heads are still there. So I have a simple question:

How do I remove the green markers above allies?

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo CE Flycam Sep 9, 2014 04:08 PM (Total replies: 6)

I just recently installed HAC 2, and I found out how awesome it is. The decam built into it makes it even more badass. Thanks for the tips.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo CE Flycam Sep 9, 2014 03:36 PM (Total replies: 6)

Thanks for the help guys. I knew about the dev controls, but I find some of the controls really annoying. I thought that Haloflycam or the others simplify some of the controls--but maybe i was wrong.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo CE Flycam Sep 9, 2014 02:11 PM (Total replies: 6)

I've been trying to get a flycam working with the new version of Halo CE. But for some reason, my game crashes every time I load bitterbananas fly cam.

Anybody have any ideas on how to get a flycam working?

Thanks,
DoorM4n

Halo CE General Discussion » Bigass Public Beta Sep 9, 2014 02:08 PM (Total replies: 1869)

Been playing on this map for a couple of hours. Man it is so awesome. It's got to be my favorite halo ce map.

Halo CE General Discussion » *Map Request* Easy/Moderate Difficulty May 28, 2014 01:46 PM (Total replies: 14)

Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
Instead of...

Higuy, thanks for your reply. It's insightful and genuine. I questioned whether a map request would work, and I had my doubts initially. I have a lot of time constraints these days, so I figured this could be a small project if someone is interested. The moment I posted this thread I began researching basic tutorials, and I came across almost all of the tutorials you posted. I'm glad you sent them because it indicates to me that I'm on the right track. Thanks for replying.

Quote: --- Original message by: PRPatxi
I use Higuy's terrain modeling, over skulping, and it sure it's a blast. Highly recommend. Also Higuy I need to show you an idea, and i'm looking for good feedbag before posting gibberish on the forum.

Excellent! Glad to hear the tutorial worked. I'll be sure to check t out.

Halo CE General Discussion » *Map Request* Easy/Moderate Difficulty May 27, 2014 10:55 PM (Total replies: 14)

Quote: --- Original message by: renegade343
Don't forget there're a lot of us who are quietly reading and following this thread, too...
I personally think this is a pretty cool idea for a Firefight map, especially if you can somehow make close-quarter combat work out.

Speaking of a surviving community, have you heard about CE3? If you have something presentable by July, we'd love to have you on our show!

Thanks for the encouragement, man!

Also, I havent heard of CE3 before, but Ill check it out! I made primarily Halo 2 mods, like the Tortuga map I linked to and also Duff World. If y'all are interested in talking about Halo 2 mods, I'd be happy to discuss. Halo CE maps, however, may be a different situation. Ill see what I can do about July. :)

Quote: --- Original message by: game user10
I made a mod similar to this, it was basically zombies on ratrace (one-hit kill melee). Some I gave camo, so it was jumpscares galore.
You got spawnkilled a lot tho...

That sounds like just what I need to look at. I might try and mimic your method or ask for some advice on how you did it.
Edited by DoorM4n on May 27, 2014 at 10:56 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » *Map Request* Easy/Moderate Difficulty May 25, 2014 02:45 PM (Total replies: 14)

Quote: --- Original message by: AlekosGR
I can help with anything shader related, scenario decorating.

Thanks for your offering, AlekosGR. I haven't done much with shaders and decorating in Halo PC/CE, so you may hear from me. I appreciate your generosity.

Quote: --- Original message by: Storm

No. Learn to model.

Classy reply, my friend. I appreciate you posting the link, however.

Halo CE General Discussion » *Map Request* Easy/Moderate Difficulty May 25, 2014 02:10 AM (Total replies: 14)

Many thanks for the earnest reply, BKTiel. I'm glad to see there are still some respectful members of this once great community. I joined Halomods.com back in 2002, and I've been around the Halo modding community for over decade now. It's sad to see things decay. You know, I was partially stunned today when I realized I didnt have an account to this forum. I have been using the resources on this site for as long as I can remember. Anyhow, that's beside the point.

I think this map development will be a good project for me to delve into a bit. I'll let you know if I have any modeling issues. I'm worried about getting the AI set up correctly. Ill find a tutorial or ask around here. Thanks again man.

Halo CE General Discussion » *Map Request* Easy/Moderate Difficulty May 25, 2014 12:02 AM (Total replies: 14)

Quote: --- Original message by: joe55
No.

Nice and classy reply, my friend. God speed.

Halo CE General Discussion » *Map Request* Easy/Moderate Difficulty May 24, 2014 05:31 PM (Total replies: 14)

Hey Guys,

I know how to mod Halo 2 (see link below), and I know how to mod Halo 1 Xbox. Halo PC/CE, although similar to the xbox, is a different animal than I am used to working with, and I think this idea can only be done for Halo PC/CE. I have a map idea that should be relatively simple to make, and I think it would be a lot of fun to play. Haha, I find it interesting y'all have a stickied thread here saying, "You WILL NOT abuse people who make requests." I guess we'll see how this one rolls.

My Halo 2 Modding Experience: http://www.halomods.com/ips/index.php?/topic/339-tortuga-by-doorm4n-video-update/

This mod starts here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoIXUKTYxyM

Basics
Player spawns in the middle of a small arena that looks similar to a cube or outdoor park like the movie relates. In the four walls of the cube are small rooms that the player may not enter, but bots may exit. Dozens of AI Spartans spawn in these rooms (and respawn) and run after the player and may melee and jump only. The player is equipped with an assortment of weapons: pistol, assault rifle, shotgun, sniper, rocket, etc. May be scattered about or against the walls or whatever. Player and AI would have slightly increased (0.3-0.5x regular run speed) running and (1.5x regular jump height) jumping.

Player
Some weapons do little damage while meleeing pushes them back significantly.
Some weapons kill while meleeing would be futile.

AI
AI melees do normal damage and do not have additional force applied.

I know little about AI in Halo PC/CE. I do, however, know they can be modified to do specific things. Melee, jumping, and aggression are the only things that would need to be modified in the AI.

My hope is that the AI would respawn regularly to maintain a specific # of AI's on the map. I'm not sure if this can be regulated though. Moreover, the goal is not to win but to stay alive as long as possible.

Environment
I hate to be picky because...well...beggars can't be choosers, but I think the environment would be important. I envision a very similar map as to the scene in the movie. Outdoor/urban center with reasonable obstacles, such as plants, benches, lightpost, etc. When I mod Halo 2, I always make sure the environment is clean and not cluttered because the environment is the ultimate selling point.

What are your thoughts? Is anyone interested in a mini-project? I do think it could be a worthy contribution to this great community if it is produced well. I think it would be similar to the entertainment value of the Area 51 map series.

Thanks for considering! I hope someone is interested in doing this!
DoorM4n

Edited by DoorM4n on May 25, 2014 at 12:14 AM

Time: Tue November 12, 2019 5:30 PM 188 ms.
A Halo Maps Website