A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: DeadHamster
About Contact
Last Post: Aug 25, 2019 09:15 AM
Interests: https://discord.gg/Neu4EJM
Your Age: https://discord.gg/Neu4EJM
What Games do you play: https://discord.gg/Neu4EJM
https://discord.gg/Neu4EJM

Post Statistics
DeadHamster has contributed to 943 posts out of 469343 total posts (.20%) in 1,927 days (.49 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » [NEWS] Planet Flood Egypt 2... Update!?! Aug 25, 2019 09:15 AM (Total replies: 9)

I'd say that you're cute when you're upset Duce, but even then you're still ugly.

Halo CE General Discussion » [NEWS] Planet Flood Egypt 2... Update!?! Aug 24, 2019 02:49 PM (Total replies: 9)

So I see you've found the Extrude button

I can highly recommend their Discord Server to anybody who wants to be told to use python and how wonderful Linux is. They love to do that.

Quote: --- Original message by: il Duce Primo
You sound like the stuck up assholes who made up modacity years ago. Goodluck to you

I would make sure to trust this person's opinion on assholes since he's spent his entire life being one.

Halo CE General Discussion » Release: Really big BSP Aug 11, 2019 02:50 PM (Total replies: 22)

Quote: --- Original message by: EJEscape

I suggest you do the same you pushy twat with your twat attitude. Also, nobody gives a crap about microsoft's feelings. If we want an editing, then demand it. Nobody cares if you think its unrealistic, nobody. Shut up already.

You'll never get an editing kit, and even if you did an autistic spaz like you couldn't figure out what to do with it. IDK who you are either, which means you're probably an irrelevant softskinned pussboy who I wouldn't let blow me. Kill yourself, not even your family would miss you.

Edit: Oh I get it, this is the same account that I originally quoted. You got banned and had to make a new troll account to post on a dead forum about a dead video game nobody cares about.

Now I KNOW you're a softskinned pussboy who I wouldn't let blow me.
Edited by DeadHamster on Aug 11, 2019 at 02:53 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Vehicle Camera Position Aug 11, 2019 07:15 AM (Total replies: 2)

Link

Edited by DeadHamster on Aug 11, 2019 at 07:16 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Release: Really big BSP Aug 4, 2019 04:49 AM (Total replies: 22)

Quote: --- Original message by: Burneyz
Hey, Kal_El,

you're trash.

Also, garbage maps like these is why people do *not* want to release their work.
Imagine putting hard work into a BSP and then someone butchering it like this.

I'm not sure who you are or where you came from but you should go back to wherever that was and just stay there. I don't want to have to read anything you write again. Thanks.

Its incredible how useful this will be beyond Halo Custom Edition.

Halo CE General Discussion » [SP] The Flood: Virulence (flood stuff update) Jun 22, 2019 09:02 PM (Total replies: 22)

Discord

You can find me there or send me a DM on Discord. Chances are good whatever you've broken can be fixed.

Link

Another one above. I keep Mombasa updates as well as any other programs I write there. Sections for discussing or releasing Halo 1 / Halo 2 content as well. If anybody would like a section for a project their working on they'd be more than welcome to one.

Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately really) there are no sections for animals.

Edited by DeadHamster on Jun 12, 2019 at 11:56 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE]: New Mombasa Beta Jun 9, 2019 02:12 AM (Total replies: 235)

Discord

Any future updates from me will be located in the server above. This includes Fall of Mombasa, future Halo 2 maps, a future collaborative project with some members from CMT and any of the various programs I've written.

You will also be able to find me in the SPV3 discord, as well as the Project Cartographer discords, both of which are below;

SPV3 Discord

Project Cartographer Discord (Halo 2 PC)

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Invader Jun 7, 2019 07:19 AM (Total replies: 28)

Do you plan on replacing tool's full function set or just the section of map building? Because there's a lot of changes that could be made in relation to raw resource compiling which is where tool really falls short. Allowing multiple formats to be compiled to sounds/bitmaps and changing how shaders are for selected for compiling models/BSP would be the first two.

Tool requires specific source formats of course, and for shaders Tool goes through all the tags inside the TAGS folder and finds the first shader with a matching name and assigns it. However if a user has too many tags/files to check, this process fails and tool is unable to compile the model. I actually keep a separate directory just to compile models and BSPs.

Halo 2 Vista General Discussion » PorkChop Sound Compiler Jun 3, 2019 06:36 AM (Total replies: 1)

Download

I've updated PorkChop to now be compatible with the Halo 2 Vista format Sound and Sound Looping tags. For Halo 2, the only encoding format the game accepts is the Xbox ADPCM encoding. I've included with the PorkChop program a zip file containing a version of the codec that can be installed to modern 32 or 64-bit Operating Systems. You MUST install the Xbox codec in order to compile sound tags for Halo 2. You may choose to compile to either the Xbox or OGG format for Halo Custom Edition.

PorkChop takes an entire directory of MP3 or WAV files and batch compiles them into working .Sound tags for either Halo Custom Edition or Halo 2. There are two additional tools. The first will batch compile Sound Looping tags based on a directory of .sound tags located within a user's TAGS folder for either Custom Edition or Halo 2. The other will take a directory of sound_looping tags and write an .HSC script to play them as music:

Example Script;

(global short songID 0)

(script static void STARTSONG
(cond
((= 0 songID)
(sound_looping_start "newmombasa\music\loops\sonic\test\2_Player_Results" none 1)
)
((= 1 songID)
(sound_looping_start "newmombasa\music\loops\sonic\test\Angel_Island_Zone_Act_1" none 1)
)
((= 2 songID)
(sound_looping_start "newmombasa\music\loops\sonic\test\Angel_Island_Zone_Act_2" none 1)
)
((= 3 songID)
(sound_looping_start "newmombasa\music\loops\sonic\test\Aquatic_Ruin_Zone" none 1)
)
)
)

(script static void STOPSONG
(cond
((= 0 songID)
(sound_looping_stop "newmombasa\music\loops\sonic\test\2_Player_Results" )
)
((= 1 songID)
(sound_looping_stop "newmombasa\music\loops\sonic\test\Angel_Island_Zone_Act_1" )
)
((= 2 songID)
(sound_looping_stop "newmombasa\music\loops\sonic\test\Angel_Island_Zone_Act_2" )
)
((= 3 songID)
(sound_looping_stop "newmombasa\music\loops\sonic\test\Aquatic_Ruin_Zone" )
)
)
)

Halo 2 does not accept OGG formatted .Sound tags, and as such when exporting to Halo 2's sound format you will be unable to select that as an option. Users MUST select a TAGS folder for both Halo Custom Edition and Halo 2. If a user does not have an installation of either game, they can select any folder or directory they would like and it will not affect compilation for the game version that they do have.

Halo CE General Discussion » Need help with these ar fire sounds Jun 1, 2019 11:53 PM (Total replies: 4)

I don't know if it'll affect it but try setting the Class at the top of the sound tag to weapon_fire if it isn't already. Make sure it's mono, and from what I've heard sfx should be 22khz and not 44, but IDK what that impacts.

Outside of that compare it's sections to the stock assault rifle firing sound and see if anything seems out of place or not filled in. Hopefully someone else can give a more concrete answer.

Extract the scripts with Refinery, edit them with Notepad or preferably Notepad++

Save them as filename.hsc in the same directory as the scenario.

compile them in Sapien with Ctrl+Shift+C

Halo CE General Discussion » Cursed Biped Swap May 31, 2019 09:34 PM (Total replies: 2)

Your culture is terrible

Halo CE General Discussion » PorkChop May 30, 2019 08:35 PM (Total replies: 4)

Updated OP with new version. Huge thanks again to Yumi for re-writing the converting and compiling processes to run in parallel. GREATLY speeds up the compilation process. I also updated the tag editing process to set the sound type as either gunfire or music.

Edit:
Another update adds a Tool called Sound Looper that will batch create Sound Looping tags from a directory of Sound tags located inside your TAGS folder.

Edited by DeadHamster on May 31, 2019 at 06:07 PM

Edit:

Next update adds a tool to automates the .HSC script creation, so you can go from MP3s to playing the songs in your map within minutes.
Edited by DeadHamster on Jun 2, 2019 at 02:17 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » PorkChop May 30, 2019 03:09 PM (Total replies: 4)

Nope, it uses tool to compile. The benefit here is it does a batch process of converting/splitting an entire directory of sound files into the format Tool requires, and then edits the sound tags afterwards to properly setup the sound permutations for playback.

If you only have 2-3 sounds its not entirely helpful, but if you wanted to convert, say, 342 MP3s into .sound tags, this would be nice.

Edited by DeadHamster on May 30, 2019 at 08:36 PM

Halo 2 Vista General Discussion » Halo 2 Vista-tag extractor/mover May 30, 2019 03:36 AM (Total replies: 5)

Collision Models were fixed in the past week, they're now looking at what's going on with Render Models not properly extracting weights. There's little bits and pieces of the tags not getting read right or written properly. It's not as bad as it seems.

Shaders will always need to be unprocessed AKA remade. There might be ways to automate that process, but the tagfiles inside the mapfile aren't compatible with H2Sapien as is.

A month ago the extractor was the two windows on the left. Now it's the one on the right.

You could probably make a fairly decent couple campaign maps in H2. And in H2, a lot more works online than in H1.

Link

Link 2

That's some stuff General101 did, he's also the one working on some of the extraction code.

Halo CE General Discussion » PorkChop May 30, 2019 03:07 AM (Total replies: 4)

PorkChop is a replacement for this program here. It utilizes some of the programs included in that download.

What it does is take a directory full of sound files (MP3s for example), and converts them into sound tags using various converter programs included within. The original program linked above created a .BAT file with the sound file listed and ran 3 command line programs from that, which left you with tons of CMD windows and left you compiling one MP3 at a time. This instead will run through an entire directory and any subdirectories, and compile all the files into .sound tags with the settings you select. The command line programs will run in the background instead of popping all over your screen.

You can then copy the compiled tags to whatever Directory you want to put them into and reference them from there. Video tutorial below;

The most recent updates include a tool to compile .Sound tags into .Sound_Looping tags, and a tool to create a .HSC script to playback all the sound_looping files inside a directory. There is an engine limit of 256 on tag references in the scenario file, which this tool will warn you of if you try to create a script with more than that many sound_looping tags. It will still create the script but this will not be usable. Additionally, if any other tag references for scripts are being used this will count against the engine limit of 256. An example of the hsc script the program compiles:

(global short songID 0)

(script static void STARTSONG
(cond
((= 0 songID)
(sound_looping_start "newmombasa\music\loops\sonic\test\2_Player_Results" none 1)
)
((= 1 songID)
(sound_looping_start "newmombasa\music\loops\sonic\test\Angel_Island_Zone_Act_1" none 1)
)
((= 2 songID)
(sound_looping_start "newmombasa\music\loops\sonic\test\Angel_Island_Zone_Act_2" none 1)
)
((= 3 songID)
(sound_looping_start "newmombasa\music\loops\sonic\test\Aquatic_Ruin_Zone" none 1)
)
)
)

(script static void STOPSONG
(cond
((= 0 songID)
(sound_looping_stop "newmombasa\music\loops\sonic\test\2_Player_Results" )
)
((= 1 songID)
(sound_looping_stop "newmombasa\music\loops\sonic\test\Angel_Island_Zone_Act_1" )
)
((= 2 songID)
(sound_looping_stop "newmombasa\music\loops\sonic\test\Angel_Island_Zone_Act_2" )
)
((= 3 songID)
(sound_looping_stop "newmombasa\music\loops\sonic\test\Aquatic_Ruin_Zone" )
)
)
)

A script would set the songID of the song they wish to play, and then run the static script STARTSONG to begin playing, and STOPSONG to end. With these tools, a user can get full directories of MP3s or WAVs into their maps in a matter of minutes.

Download

Tutorial / Demo

While it's running, it's best to watch a video or listen to some music. There's 3-4 programs running in the background, and sometimes a key-input at the wrong time will interrupt one of them. Better to watch a video and wait for it to complete, then continue from there.

Huge thanks to Yumi for rewriting the batch instructions and helping figure out issues, as well as whoever wrote the conv.exe, convCODEC.exe and premu.exe from the original link.

Source

Edited by DeadHamster on May 31, 2019 at 06:05 PM
Edited by DeadHamster on Jun 2, 2019 at 02:15 AM

Time: Mon September 16, 2019 6:05 PM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website