A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: DeadHamster
About Contact
Last Post: Feb 16, 2018 07:33 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
DeadHamster has contributed to 514 posts out of 465642 total posts (.11%) in 1,352 days (.38 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Halo CE v1.0.10 Plus Radeon 5970 Equals WTF Feb 16, 2018 07:33 AM (Total replies: 3)

Navigate to your Halo PC folder in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Halo" and place your "config.txt" file on your desktop so that you can edit it without a permissions conflict.

Remove the two forward slashes from "//UseAnisotropicFilter" on lines 702 and 761 for nVidia graphics users, or lines 323 and 372 for AMD/ATi graphics users.

Save the file, and place it back in your Halo folder.

Now your copy of Halo has anisotropic filtering

Halo CE General Discussion » Error with sentinals. How do I fix? Feb 16, 2018 07:30 AM (Total replies: 2)

When you place the squad, every firing position you place must have the flag checked for 3D.

Additionally, after placing it you should look in the window that shows the coordinates, and modify the Z value to be off the ground. The rangers fly and as such, need firing positions that are placed in the sky and labelled for 3D movement characters.

Halo CE General Discussion » How do I restart Tags?? Feb 16, 2018 07:27 AM (Total replies: 4)

Delete everything and run the HEK installer again. Uninstall the HEK, then re-run the installer and re-install the HEK.

Then make a compressed (.zip or .rar) of your TAGS folder so you have it for next time.

Experimental Method:

Alternatively, you can delete everything inside of your TAGS folder, and then try ripping all your maps using Refinery. Don't use HEK+, but using Refinery you MAY be able to do this as well. The tags also may have an error somewhere, and if so MosesOfEgypt would love to know even though he may pretend otherwise.

Move positions

Place multiple move positions with the same index. In the squaf you set initial and final state to moving_loop.

Itll loop to all the points that SHARE AN INDEX. It will not go from index 0 to 1 to 2. They go to them in the order they were placed.

You can setup multiple paths using multple indexes, making sure each path shares an index and the markers are placed in sequential order. The AI squad should have a field for which move positions they will utilize.

There are three sources of light that affect Radiosity:

The sun's light tag
The sky tag's ambient radiosity
Any scenery items (covenant torch) or BSP/object textures that emit radioisty light (forerunner lights)

Modify the first two and use the third properly to give a dark map the light it needs. Tool makes very poor dark maps however, and if you can learn 3DS max you can make much higher quality dark lightmaps using Aether.

Halo CE General Discussion » December HMU final call + CE3 Award Show Info Feb 10, 2018 03:45 PM (Total replies: 10)

Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
lol

This dismissive attitude is why I thought it was cancelled.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Question About Flood Actor Variants Feb 10, 2018 02:19 PM (Total replies: 2)

Open up B30 The Silent Cartographer.

Find the biped characters\engineer\engineer\

Bungie got bought by microsoft and microsoft pushed a hard deadline. When the deadline comes, you cut out what you don't need. They didn't need flood with snipers.

Also, flood shouldn't have the technical knowledge for sniping anyway. I don't care about your fan fiction, none of the novels are canon. Speaking on gameplay mechanics, the type of enemy that the flood represents and the role they fill does not overlap with the role of a sniper.

Quote: --- Original message by: Reshirom200
Everyone knows how ce grunts have varying models, like the curlback, how do you do this?? For an example, halo 2 elites and Spartan playermodels how do you make them random?? Don't you just put two models in 3DS and test it?

You place multiple .JMS files into a single folder, and compile with Tool using

tool model directory\that\your_models\are_located

This creates a single .gbx_model file with multiple permutations. Inside the .gbx_model tag in Guerilla, there are options that determine if a permutation is selected randomly. As long as this is setup right (it should be right by default), it'll randomly select one permutation. You can also manually force a permutation when the object is placed in the scenario, or through scripts.

If you need assistance, look at the tag

characters\marine\marine

which will have random permutations with the exception of sgt johnson, who cannot be selected randomly.

Halo CE General Discussion » Does anyone need AI sync Feb 10, 2018 12:47 PM (Total replies: 20)

If one could write an external app to send data over the same connection, one would only need to update the position and rotation of all bipeds in the server ever few ticks. The rest could be handled through tags, scripts and clever manipulation of the mapfile

No. You didn't get what Kirby said, he's describing the creation of a UI to load SP maps, NOT to automatically load MP ones.

Quote: Before I go fiddling around, as an example, the tag: mp_map_select_list_2.ui_widget_definition has the game data input script thing: mp map list update. I'm assuming this is what controls the mp maps already in all our UIs, lets say we wanted to add stinky.map to the end of the list, how do we replicate that script or make one from scratch?

Wrong. That is not a script, that's a tag. A script is embedded into the scenario tag during compilation. The MP map list update, if it does ANYTHING, would simply look through your MAPS folder. There is no function that adds map items to the MP list properly, it automatically loads all maps located in the MAPS folder and assumes that they are MP maps. Even campaign maps are loaded into the MP map list, and you can even try to load them. If a map doesn't match one of the stock MP maps that comes with the game, it gets treated as a custom map with a ? image and an "unknown location" description. There is no way to change that, it's how the engine is programmed.

But more importantly; you can't script a multiplayer map to play, because it doesn't properly load the gametype. It opens the map as though it was SP, with no gametypes or teams or any of the engine's code that creates the MP environment. Kirby will be an ass and correct me, and show some complex way that you can make UI elements run a script to hold variables that then force a gametype on map load, but that's not important. Even if you could do it, which you can't, it would be a hacky workaround, and it won't update automatically

The command he gave you is to load SP maps. The UUI does NOT have any special function for multiplayer maps. It loads them normally, using new bitmaps and UI widgets BUT with the same engine loading it. For the SP maps, somebody sat down and made individual UI buttons and screens for EVERY campaign and firefight map they wanted to include. They worked with teams like CMT to add maps that were still under development, so that when those projects were released they would work with the UUI.

If you wanted to add a new SP map, you would have to create an entirely new collection of UI elements, reference them together in the tags, and then add a new script to actually load the SP maps.

BUT NO MATTER WHAT, THERE IS NO WAY TO AUTOMATICALLY LOAD MAPS FROM YOUR MAPS FOLDER AND ASSIGN THEM UI ELEMENTS. There is NO way that you will load stinky.map and have a screenshot of the level and a description. You CAN change the custom map's screenshot from the ?, but the same screenshot will then be used for ALL custom MP maps. You can NOT individually assign these.

The game's been around 15 years now on PC. What you're trying to do has been tried before, and if it WAS possible, it would have been in the UUI already.

If you continue down this road, you'll find yourself at a dead end. I don't want to see you quit modding because you dedicate yourself to something that can't be done. Find a different project. Make a new UUI even, that'd be great. But you can't get blood from a stone.

All that said, maybe like Kirby said chimera can do something. If you find 002 I'm sure he'll be able to provide no help with that.

In Sapien, change the manual BSP index of the sqaud to match the BSP you're placing them in.

First BSP in the scenario is BSP index 0, the second is BSP index 1, the third is 2, and so on.

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE] BioGoji's Campaign Mod Version 1.0 Feb 5, 2018 08:15 PM (Total replies: 21)

For the vehicle damage, adjust the damage multipliers at the bottom of the tag for cyborg shield, cyborg armor, human armor and human to be the percentage you decreased the damage by.

That way it still does the same damage to enemies, but wont kill you or your partners.

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE] BioGoji's Campaign Mod Version 1.0 Feb 5, 2018 02:30 AM (Total replies: 21)

Try to do what 1bobsam1 said. For me when I use print screen ingame, it doesn't copy to the clipboard and when I paste into paint it shows up black. It worked in XP but not my copy of 7 as is, might work for you.

If that doesn't work, and you're on windows 7, run the game in windowed mode by adding -windowed to the shortcut, and then use the Snipping Tool that's installed automatically. Hit the windows button, type "Snipping Tool" into the search bar, and select the "Window" option under new.

Make sure you're Halo windowed resolution is halfway decent, as that's the size in pixels the screenshot will end up being. Try to fill as much of your screen as you can.

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE] BioGoji's Campaign Mod Version 1.0 Feb 5, 2018 12:19 AM (Total replies: 21)

Quote:

TGA files can be opened with Adobe Photoshop, GIMP, Paint.NET, Corel PaintShop Pro, TGA Viewer and probably some other popular photo and graphics tools as well.

Also

Google Search Result for Online Image Converter, not sure if the site does watermarks or has quality issues

I would recommend getting photoshop, or downloading GIMP for free if you have difficulty getting photoshop.
Edited by DeadHamster on Feb 5, 2018 at 12:20 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE] BioGoji's Campaign Mod Version 1.0 Feb 4, 2018 11:35 PM (Total replies: 21)

Descriptions and Screenshots!

What am I downloading? What makes this different than stock A10? What did you change, what should I look for? What does it look like, are there new weapons? Do they fire differently? Which ones and how so?

Create a shortcut to Halo, and at the end of the target line add -screenshot. It'll save a screenshot everytime you press PrintScreen to a folder called "Screenshots" inside your main Halo folder. Open and resave those as jpegs and then upload them to a website, post the links here. Entice people to download your mod, otherwise we have no interest in it.

Halo CE General Discussion » Dreamweb 2 (Monthly Tag Releases) Feb 4, 2018 11:32 PM (Total replies: 14)

That's gorgeous.

For the green dots it appears you made a a circle and extruded in, but the inside lip of the circle isn't unwrapped to the same area and is still black. It looks like the green bleeds into the surrounding geometry, creating a weird bit of noise in the second image.

Other than that, a bland detail map would've added a bit of variation to the gunmetal.

But, again, that is gorgeous. I'm nitpicking.

Halo CE General Discussion » My first map has been released!!!! Feb 3, 2018 11:40 PM (Total replies: 4)

I'll download it a bit later and give it a test play. Post some screenshots or a description, so we know what you changes and what it is.

Oh. Thanks, i love old mombasa by the by. Oh isnt there a way to used a cracked version or gmax or is this feature easier in 3ds?
Edited by Reshirom200 on Feb 3, 2018 at 11:35 AM

Gmax won't be useful for animations, 3DS max is definitely the best way.

This forum doesn't support pirated or cracked software however, so if you were to discuss it any further here you'd risk being banned.

https://imgflip.com/gif/23veht As you can see this image is from the halo 2 Beta (courtesy of Gamecheat13). What im trying to aim for is a close replica of that animation... does anyone know what to use?

Animations are made using 3DS max. This is not a beginner's item, I would first recommend acquiring a copy of 3DS max. I use a version of 2010. The regular version is prohibitively expensive, and because of this only studio's which plan to release their material commercially can afford it. You should try to use Google and see if you can find a way to get it.

After getting 3DS max, first thing you should learn is level creation. Once you've made a level, you'll be experienced enough with the HEK and 3DS to learn how to make an animation.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Placing objects in mid air? Feb 3, 2018 02:14 AM (Total replies: 3)

Certain objects like vehicles or bipeds have physics and will react to things like gravity or force.

Time: Sun February 18, 2018 2:18 AM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website