A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: ghostreaper0d
About Contact
Last Post: Sep 15, 2014 09:17 PM
Interests:
Your Age: 15
What Games do you play: All sorts of games
Spartans never die they just respawn

Post Statistics
ghostreaper0d has contributed to 7 posts out of 468641 total posts (0.00%) in 1,706 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Universal UI Official Thread Sep 15, 2014 09:17 PM (Total replies: 271)

Just installed the UUI its a really good improvement over the old one, I love the new design. It would be so cool if there was a feature to change the Main menu music at will.

Halo CE General Discussion » New moder looking for advice Aug 25, 2014 08:45 PM (Total replies: 27)

Quote: --- Original message by: BKTiel
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
Quote: --- Original message by: ghostreaper0d

I have a question. Is it true that Halo is much easier to mod than most engine like unity?

P.S I always wanted to try modding halo ever since Lumoria came out
Edited by ghostreaper0d on Aug 23, 2014 at 06:41 PM

Glad to see you liked Lumoria - as for is "modding halo easier than unity", it is all relevant. Anything can be easy provided you take the time to learn it. Halo CE's engine is quite outdated compared to other engines and if you are prepared to do serious game development you should also check out the Unreal Engine, CryEngine, and indeed, Unity. However, this dosen't mean modding Halo cant be fun, enjoyable, or give you experience modding and creating levels. If you just want to make cool maps for Halo, then go for it. Making something basic is as easy as Unity, but you actually will need more than just the editing kit to do it - you'll also need a modeling program such as 3dsmax or gmax.

I'd still say if you're trying to impress the teacher of a class in which you make games from scratch something made in Unity or UDK would be a much safer bet. If one were to transpose the class in question into one of cooking, it'd the difference between baking a cake and just frosting a stale store-bought one. Which would be more effective to this end, do you figure?

I already asked the teacher if I can make a map on Halo and he said it was fine as long as I show basic understanding of what I'm doing

And we are not making games from scratch we are making games on the program scratch
http://scratch.mit.edu/
Edited by ghostreaper0d on Aug 25, 2014 at 08:49 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » New moder looking for advice Aug 25, 2014 12:20 AM (Total replies: 27)

Thank you guys for all the support and feedback, I mean it. I have taken all your feedback into account and I will begin to learn how to mod Halo. Expect a WIP thread in the near future when I will have some content to show you, and maybe even a Beta if I get that far.

Once again thank you

Halo CE General Discussion » New moder looking for advice Aug 24, 2014 08:27 PM (Total replies: 27)

Can someone please list all the programs I will need to make a map. E.G HEK, 3D max

Thank you

Halo CE General Discussion » New moder looking for advice Aug 23, 2014 08:39 PM (Total replies: 27)

On a scale of 1 to 10 how hard is it to make a map

Also is there a way for this topic to not go to the bottom of the list so quickly. There are a lot of spam topics today pushing this one down so quickly

Edit: oh so as long as people post comments on this thread it should stay up. Anyway someone should really ban spartan 234 girlfriend he/she is spamming so much with useless threads.
Edited by ghostreaper0d on Aug 23, 2014 at 08:43 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » New moder looking for advice Aug 23, 2014 06:37 PM (Total replies: 27)

I have a question. Is it true that Halo is much easier to mod than most engine like unity?

P.S I always wanted to try modding halo ever since Lumoria came out
Edited by ghostreaper0d on Aug 23, 2014 at 06:41 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » New moder looking for advice Aug 23, 2014 02:52 AM (Total replies: 27)

I have been following Halo maps for many years but never made an account for some reason till now. I have decided that I will try to mod Halo CE because we are making games on scratch at school but i wanted to impress the teacher. I have all ready started looking up at tutorials on YouTube such as this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyYYSKbhb3c

So the reason I am posting this is because I need help or at least a start to make my own map. Any advice tutorials assets tags textures ideas, will all be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for reading [:)]
Edited by ghostreaper0d on Aug 23, 2014 at 03:00 AM
Edited by ghostreaper0d on Aug 23, 2014 at 06:50 PM

Time: Wed April 24, 2019 1:08 AM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website