A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: darkrider400
About Contact
Last Post: Feb 28, 2015 10:11 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
darkrider400 has contributed to 80 posts out of 469499 total posts (.02%) in 1,919 days (.04 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Quote: --- Original message by: teh lag

(ho ho ho: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhWFUxsTMyg)

here is the list
Quote:

Stuff that's not done:

Release the map this week!

Stuff that's done!

Test & approve final release candidate
Finish rendering DLMs for finalized BSPs...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10778064/wip/B30_BSP_Progress_Chart_No_Spoilers.jpg

BSP
- Port Hunter Complex facade to cave-side Security BSP -- done
- Port removal of water-pit from LZ to Cave BSP -- done
- Shrink alternate Cave entrance in LZ BSP -- done
- Fix UV errors introduced by merging Hunter Complex into Cave -- done
- Fix UV errors in Cartographer Canyon -- done
- Finish porting in revised UFO model -- done
- UV and paint ground maps & water maps -- done
- Add decals to cover ground map transitions -- done
- Add ramp transition to security entrance in Server Room -- done
- Bring Cave BSP under 15.5mb -- done
- Port in int_shaft_b ground textures -- done
- Fix int_shaft_b ripple and waterfall shaders -- done
- Finish int_shaft_b portals -- done
- Apply fog FX to int_shaft_b and Cartographer -- done
- Redo wave geometry to extend further -- done
- Add fog band for sky blending at water -- done
- Apply cluster sound env properties to updated BSPs -- done

AA Wraith
- Import projectile firing and detonation sfx -- done

Shredder
- FP animations -- done
- 3P model, animations, collision -- done
- Foley sounds-- done

Battle Rifle
- Port new FP display shaders to 3P -- done

AR/GL
- FP GL firing animation -- done

Pelican
- Import redone body, textures -- done
- Import busted crashsite model -- done

Hunter
- Finish new model -- done
-- & textures -- done
- VFX for back-armor destruction -- done
- (standing task to polish until release) -- as done as it's going to get with current resources

Elite
- Ball Shade gunner animations -- done

Cyborg
- Ball Shade gunner animations -- done
- Finish porting new FP weapon animations to 3p -- cut :(

Scenery
- Finish Demon Trees for Cave & int_shaft_b -- done
- Finish upgraded Demon Tree for Brute Pool -- done
- Finish ring hologram for Cartographer -- done :)
- Finish island hologram for Security -- done :)
- Finish new wide control hologram shaders for Cartographer -- done
- Import upgraded Hunter Lift with control panel -- done
- Merge in upgraded foliage tags -- sort of done, sort of cut
- Import new lightbridge and battery sfx -- done
- Create new large waterfall VFX -- done

Misc
- Dim damage impact flashes some more -- done
- Finish or cut re-timed FP reload, ready and melee animations -- cut :(

Mission
- Un-screwify music transitions for vehicle return -- done
- Finish Marine migration across BSPs -- done
- Verify correctness of infantry return path migration -- done
- Fix boulder permutations near BSP transitions -- done
- Fix opening shot cutscene camera angle -- done

(Stuff that was stupidly omitted from the original list)
Redo Brute hard-ping animations -- done
Redo Plasma Rifle's glow-light shaders -- done
Set up the Cartographer Ribs device tags -- done
Set up Thumper SFX and VFX -- done
Revise terrain ground maps -- done
Chase away phantom BSP to places it doesn't matter for exterior BSP -- done
- for interior BSP -- done

"wow this is a big list" yeah it is. "how did things turn out like this" i dont know man but it did

we're making some big sacrifices to keep our momentum going, and everybody working on this project has been putting in near-superhuman numbers of hours since the release crunch started back in may. we kind of saw this coming at the end of june, which is why we pushed back a month - and it still wasn't enough. it's disappointing and embarrassing, but it's better to lose some face than release that which isn't ready, right?
Edited by teh lag on Feb 28, 2015 at 09:07 PM

Yeah, that thing thats not done, I didnt put that in. So yeah, Hype it up guys!!!!!!!!!!!
Edited by darkrider400 on Feb 28, 2015 at 10:11 PM
Edited by darkrider400 on Feb 28, 2015 at 10:12 PM

The one on the right is perfect lol XD

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Feb 27, 2015 03:55 PM (Total replies: 12123)

You know whatd be amazing? If someone made a Halo mod for Homeworld Remastered?

Quote: --- Original message by: Altearose
I don't know if you guys already saw this but Masterz just posted this on his youtube!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
#CMT2k15 #Masterz1337 #HaloMapsHypeTeam #Release2k15

Things like this make you a horrible person......

Quote: Thank you very much, I needed to listen to this again.

here is a gift for you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StKVS0eI85I

Things like this make you a great person, I wanted to listen to that song!

Edited by darkrider400 on Feb 27, 2015 at 03:50 PM

Quote: --- Original message by: mvandam753

Curious... How goes the Trailer for TSC:E and the Testing? Aside from Open Sauce, how is everything so far?

Edited by mvandam753 on Feb 23, 2015 at 06:43 PM

Does "terrible" work?

Quote: --- Original message by: SilentBlade
Why are we still predicting release dates? It's no longer necessary just wait.

To keep the hype going?

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Feb 19, 2015 07:03 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: JohnW0731

Quote: --- Original message by: Infinite Guardian
Quote: --- Original message by: darkrider400
I was scrolling through my Halo CE menus, and I saw two levels that weren't part of the original campaign, called The Commander and None Left Behind, what are those two about, branching off from the vaugest description possible in-game.
I get the same feeling too. Far as what some people know is that The Commander as well as the Evolved version brings us back to The Silent Cartographer, but the question is for what exactly.

Wasn't the Arbiter originally a Commander?

Edit: And Sgt. Johnson nearly left behind on Halo?
Edited by JohnW0731 on Feb 18, 2015 at 08:27 PM

He was a Supreme Commander/ Fleet Commander. So technically yes, but, Thel is irrelevant to the Halo CE storyline as he is never seen or heard in the game, and his affiliation with the humans is still considered Hostile.

And there was a group of marines including Sgt. Johnson that almost got left on Halo, but were picked up by Pelican pilot Sheila Polaski.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Feb 18, 2015 06:30 PM (Total replies: 12123)

I was scrolling through my Halo CE menus, and I saw two levels that weren't part of the original campaign, called The Commander and None Left Behind, what are those two about, branching off from the vaugest description possible in-game.

Quote: --- Original message by: EtchyaSketch
By the way, I was scrolling through my Halo CE menus, and I saw two levels that weren't part of the original campaign, called The Commander and None Left Behind, what are those two about, branching off from the vaugest description possible in-game.

Those questions should probably be asked/answered at the CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! thread. This one is specifically for TSC:E.

oh, didnt even know that thread existed, I just have this one bookmarked on my browser.

By the way, I was scrolling through my Halo CE menus, and I saw two levels that weren't part of the original campaign, called The Commander and None Left Behind, what are those two about, branching off from the vaugest description possible in-game.

Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812
Quote: --- Original message by: Zetren
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812

Get some soda or energy drinks, whatever you find preferable, sit down, tell everyone that you need some alone time for a bit, and then PLAY THE MAP UNTIL YOU FALL ASLEEP AND YOUR FACE HITS THE KEYBOARD. Thats how you test and approve the map.

This post actually made my day. probably because it could apply to almost anything, including, you know...
Edited by MEGASEAN2812 on Feb 17, 2015 at 03:59 PM

Teens and their sex jokes... how cute <3

that doesn't necessarily apply to that. it can apply to other things, like your supposedly straight son watching MLP, yeah, stuff like that.

We're sorry you had to find out like this, but....... your son.......is a clopper......

Stuff that's not done:

Test & approve final release candidate

Get some soda or energy drinks, whatever you find preferable, sit down, tell everyone that you need some alone time for a bit, and then PLAY THE MAP UNTIL YOU FALL ASLEEP AND YOUR FACE HITS THE KEYBOARD. Thats how you test and approve the map.

Quote:

fap.....fap...fap..fap.fap.fapfapfapfapfapFapFApFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAP YYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Edited by darkrider400 on Feb 16, 2015 at 10:49 PM

So I had a dream last night, or maybe you'd call it a nightmare, i dont know. But anyway, it was comprised of a lot of junk, like always, but the most clearest part i remember is that i went on to my computer, came to this site to check the status of TSC:E, and the final lightmap had finished rendering and there was a big post saying about how its finally being released. And there was a download link, and i clicked it and another post came up and said JUST KIDDING! and showed this huge list of like, 400 things to do before the actual release. I woke up crying.....

Yeah, we screwed up badly on that one. Nobody knew how long lightmaps would take to render, and shortly after that date all four (now three) members of the Evolved team went from enjoying their summer vacations to being employed full-time. It's funny how much more productivity you can get out of 8-12 hours a day / 7 days a week.

I assure you that as annoying as it may be to wait, we on the team are even more eager to get on with our lives which we were supposed to have back 6 months ago.
Edited by teh lag on Feb 7, 2015 at 01:17 PM

How far along is that lightmap render? (After all, it is just the computer rendering it, right?)

Quote: --- Original message by: VKNG
holy god, its been so long on this last render, its gotta be this week that it releases its glory upon us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stop with these god damn estimates, its either people estimating or talking about 9/11 on this thread.

just.

stop.

Stop being a prick, and maybe I'll get more more hyped.

holy god, its been so long on this last render, its gotta be this week that it releases its glory upon us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote: --- Original message by: Zetren
This girl has some compelling stuff on 9/11. I'm an arts student so I can't comment on the quackery or otherwise of her science. Probably a quack

http://www.drjudywood.com/

Someone use a Plasma Rifle and that quack........

OH MY GOD!!!! ONLY 1 MORE LIGHTMAP TO RENDER!!!! YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote: --- Original message by: WWLinkMasterX
a) Found some un-resolvable error they don't want to tell us about

The un-resolvable error is our choice to go with DLMs. If we had known that we would still be rendering them in late January back in May when the release crunch started, I don't think that we would have continued to pursue them.

Lodex is correct that basically the problem is that final-quality renders take a really long time and sometimes bad things happen that force us to start over or re-do something. These last two BSPs have been very bad in that respect. (We also lost a week of what was supposed to be render time because Silicon went on vacation and his renders for BSP 9 stalled while he was away). From time to time there are also quality issues that we had assumed would go away when we rendered things at final quality, and then they don't go away when we render things at final quality, and so we have to fix and re-render them. (Particularly issues regarding sufficient texture resolution being given to important pieces of the BSP; it's not easy to know if the shadow from some tree is going to look like garbage until you've actually rendered the thing).
Edited by teh lag on Jan 20, 2015 at 06:11 PM

Oh my god, that is probably the worst first-world problem I know of. Except for me its not rendering things, its downloading them. My internet is pretty crap, and sometimes downloads will stop or the internet will crap out when Im asleep or away.

Time: Sun December 8, 2019 5:10 PM 234 ms.
A Halo Maps Website