A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: FrostyVA
About Contact
Last Post: Nov 13, 2014 08:57 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Dramatic Reader of Halomaps Posts.

Post Statistics
FrostyVA has contributed to 40 posts out of 464935 total posts (.01%) in 2,105 days (.02 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » a message to all (most all ok) Nov 13, 2014 08:57 PM (Total replies: 5)

*post deleted by admin for rules violation
READ THE RULES:
http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=2979

Bypassed profanity filter - user banned
Edited by Dennis on Nov 13, 2014 at 10:08 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Yoyorast Island now in MCC Nov 13, 2014 03:07 PM (Total replies: 7)

Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh
I thought you were supposed to be able to turn aim-assist off?

Turning aim-assist off? In a console FPS? Next thing you're going to tell me is that analog sticks are more fluid to use for a PC FPS.

Halo CE General Discussion » No Lead Kiddies - Prepare to Cry Bloody Murder Nov 13, 2014 02:58 PM (Total replies: 35)

Quote: --- Original message by: Btcc22
I'm impressed that they've actually managed to make the game worse than the 11-year-old PC version.

Let's be serious for a minute. 343i is like Infinity Ward. They absolutely have no idea what they're doing with franchise. Oh! Get this, you're right, leading is actually worse in MCC than Halo PC/CE. The game has aim-assist which is bad thing to have if you have a FPS where you have to lead your shots.

Halo CE General Discussion » Yoyorast Island now in MCC Nov 13, 2014 02:51 PM (Total replies: 7)

Who gives a care about Yoyorast Island anymore? That map hasn't aged at all including v2. And the MCC ports are really inconsistent. For example, they actually removed features from Halo 3, like the ability to mix-and-match armor pieces, funny enough my friend said that the E74 service tag isn't prohibited in the MCC version. In Halo 1 of MCC, it has worse lead than Halo PC/CE because of a nice feature called aim-assist.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Nov 12, 2014 07:59 PM (Total replies: 11508)

Quote: --- Original message by: YSlayer12
Obviously not a troll
Edited by YSlayer12 on Nov 12, 2014 at 07:47 PM

I was not trolling when I said that. You're a waste of oxygen.
Edit: What I do with folder names in my data folder when I'm bored.

...Don't look at me like that.
Edited by FrostyVA on Nov 12, 2014 at 08:18 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] cisuM ortnI CCM Nov 12, 2014 07:57 PM (Total replies: 15)

Why did you encode it in such a crappy lossy format? Good lord, I'd rather have a .wav file than this crap, at least I'd know the quality from a .wav file isn't lossy.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Nov 12, 2014 12:27 PM (Total replies: 11508)

Quote: --- Original message by: DaLode
I don't know your history with mister Frost, but you fit the definition of troll better than he does.

One simple request and he just writes me off as a "troll" because he knows his shaders are inferior.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 5 Multiplayer Beta Footage Nov 12, 2014 12:20 PM (Total replies: 69)

Quote: --- Original message by: Joker
I am hardcore halo fan you honestly don't know what your talking about.

This is the same type of logic that turned off level-headed Pokemon fans from the series, just throwing that out there.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Nov 12, 2014 11:39 AM (Total replies: 11508)

Quote: --- Original message by: SS Flanker
Lucks awful gr8 work.

Then by all means, show me your shader work. Because I know you still have this bias against me which is pretty funny.

Here's something funny about H2A, are you ready? Here goes nothing, It uses code from Halo 2 Vista, yes that version of Halo 2, the one that is regarded as the worst console to PC port of all time. That is why H2A had trouble running at 1920x1080 in 60FPS so it had to be scale down to 1328×1080. I wish I was kidding.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Nov 12, 2014 03:55 AM (Total replies: 11508)

Quote: --- Original message by: killzone64
what about the people who port stuff, cause apparently people don't know the difference XD

It's funny because my project had an alignment system in mind which is obviously influenced by D&D and Shin Megami Tensei; and it goes something like this:

Mapper- Porter- Ripper

Thinking of adding a morality system as well. In other news... SHADERS!

Edited by FrostyVA on Nov 12, 2014 at 03:22 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Nov 11, 2014 10:29 PM (Total replies: 11508)

Here's what I imagine a ripper to look like if there was universe based on this forum.

Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
What are your thoughts on the Ruby/Sapphire remakes? I don't have a 3ds but its something that makes me want to go get one for Nostalgia purposes, but I haven't played a Pokemon game since I finished the original Ruby :(

I was not excited for their announcement because I actually saw the Ruby and Sapphire remakes coming from miles away back when Pokemon Black and White and the 3DS were released in North America. The remake actually destroyed any sense of difficulty as shown in these screenshots.

If I were you, I would wait for the *New* Nintendo 3DS line to come out next year since it has better specs than the original 3DS line (My friend felt cheated after buying Smash Bros 3DS XL once he heard of the *New* 3DS models), OR/AS is worth a rent at best judging from what I played in the demo. If you really want a good 3DS game for this month. Get Shin Megami Tensei: Persona Q. Sure it's 10 dollars more than Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, but you'll get more fun out of it. Also, Pokemon X/Y will NOT get patched to get the new Mega Evolutions.

tl;dr version: Game Freak ruined Generation III

Quote: --- Original message by: YSlayer12
WTF. Halomaps turns into: Pokémaps.com

Well, Any Halo game post-Reach and any Pokemon game post-HeartGold and SoulSilver have one thing in common, they're terrible! :D Anyways screw Halo 5 and Pokemon discussion. Let's talk about Shin Megami Tensei. So guys, who is your favorite SMT protagonist? Mine is Aleph because he basically commits deicide. ;)

Quote: --- Original message by: DaLode
Pokémon

Pokemon became such a crappy franchise after Generation V. Please go play a different monster collecting game like Shin Megami Tensei, Dragon Quest Monsters, and basically any monster collecting game that is not Pokemon after Black and White.
Also these mascots more cuddly than Pikachu.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Nov 10, 2014 04:09 PM (Total replies: 11508)

Quote: --- Original message by: Vergil
Ok now i'm aggravated. I went out of my way to let you know that I'M NOT TELLING YOU NOT TO DO IT. i SIMPLY ASKED what the purpose is. YOU GUYS JUST DO NOT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING.

Well looks like something I need to cross off my daily checklist: Make a Halomaps Kiddie mad. Didn't even have to try. ;)

So all you kiddies that rely on no lead... You can cry now.

I'm more excited to get Open-Sauce 4.0.0's source code because 3.1.0's source code is a pain to work with. Ugh, GameSpy OpenSDK headers and source files are really screwing me over.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Nov 8, 2014 02:22 PM (Total replies: 11508)

Quote: --- Original message by: Infinite Guardian
Hey kid, you ever read the Tag Bible?

I heard the Tag Bible sucked. Oh well, at least it gave inspiration to make this device.

Obvious Halo 4 casual alert! Here's the link to the IGN article of every single Halo map ranked. I'm going to give you guys the archived version since I don't want these clowns to get more money.
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

Time: Mon August 3, 2020 7:53 AM 282 ms.
A Halo Maps Website