A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Chromatose
About Contact
Last Post: Nov 15, 2014 08:45 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
Chromatose has contributed to 7 posts out of 469401 total posts (0.00%) in 1,804 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Are SAPP and Ganadanur legal? Nov 15, 2014 08:45 PM (Total replies: 6)

Quote: --- Original message by: Btcc22
Quote: --- Original message by: Chromatose
I would love to know names if you are willing, ideally of hosts who provide Australian machines since I am based in Oceania, and its a plus if they would allow me to directly upload files to the server without having to go through an unnecessary middleman that delays everything, i.e Multiplay.

None of the hosts I had in mind have Australian servers. :(

That's very disappointing but not all that surprising, but I appreciate you trying, thank you.

Halo CE General Discussion » Are SAPP and Ganadanur legal? Nov 15, 2014 07:11 PM (Total replies: 6)

Quote: --- Original message by: OrangeJuice

Depends on if it's an item that you inject into the original haloceded.exe
or if it's its own heavily modified haloceded.exe that is used to replace the original
Edited by OrangeJuice on Nov 15, 2014 at 07:08 PM

I may be wrong about this but I believe SAPP at least replaces the original.

Halo CE General Discussion » Are SAPP and Ganadanur legal? Nov 15, 2014 06:35 PM (Total replies: 6)

I would love to know names if you are willing, ideally of hosts who provide Australian machines since I am based in Oceania, and its a plus if they would allow me to directly upload files to the server without having to go through an unnecessary middleman that delays everything, i.e Multiplay.

Halo CE General Discussion » Are SAPP and Ganadanur legal? Nov 15, 2014 06:06 PM (Total replies: 6)

Hey so a staff member on my server host team seems to be claiming the SAPP and Gandanur server mods are "illegal cracks", while I don't believe this to be true and I have refuted such claims could someone either confirm or deny this so I can show your responses to the support team? They are making installing these mods take a painfully long time so I'd really appreciate someone's input on the legitimacy of these mods. Thanks.

Thanks for all your help so far guys, now its just a matter of getting SAPP or Gandanur updated by my server provider and hopefully all should work out from there!

Quote: --- Original message by: altis94
I think you need SAPP for that.

Is 5.0 the latest version? Because I tried using this and it seems my server no longer appears on the master list.

I've tried using the sv_version and sv_cdkeycheck commands as suggested in a thread in 2011, however these commands don't seem to be working on my server for some reason although I am certain they are fully functional on 99% of other currently listed servers and I haven't seen another thread asking this question here since the v1.10 update. Here is my server config if it helps:

sv_name "Halo Server"
sv_cdkeycheck 0
sv_version any
sv_public true
sv_maxplayers 10
sv_password
sv_rcon_password *******
sv_mapcycle_timeout 15
sv_mapcycle_add "bloodgulch" "team slayer"
sv_mapcycle_begin
Edited by Chromatose on Nov 15, 2014 at 07:04 AM

Time: Wed October 23, 2019 1:09 PM 281 ms.
A Halo Maps Website