A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: blondbassist
About Contact
Last Post: Mar 31, 2015 12:27 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
blondbassist has contributed to 5 posts out of 469347 total posts (0.00%) in 1,751 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » CE3 2015 Live Mar 31, 2015 12:27 PM (Total replies: 532)

If you need help I can record at 1080p 60fps.

I don't know if this has been found but I've found the Silenced Golden BR by accident.

When I was playing I was trying to board the first anti air wraith just after the gauss hog section and to my surprise the marines rode shotgun on the anti air wraith whilst an elite was still driving and this happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtcucFUua18

Any screenshots you can tease us with in the mean time? :P

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Collection PC Petition NOW!!!! Dec 8, 2014 04:09 PM (Total replies: 145)

Gonna re-quote some of my arguements from the waypoint forums as I can't be bothered re-typing my options on a PC port (they kinda fell on deaf ears over at HW sadly).

Quote: Hi,
My Online Name is blondbassist and I would really like to play Halo TMCC on PC.

I understand that the makers of Halo are concerned that a PC version of Halo may hinder their sales and or value of an Xbox One.

However, Whilst this notion may have been true in a previous time, In today's age I truly believe that this is no longer the case.

A lot of PC gamers play on PC for various reasons. The main reason is that PC is a unique platform that appeals to people who prefer the flexibility and Customisability that the PC can offer (And acceptance of the headaches that come with it :P).

So the notion that a PC gamer is going to go out, Buy a new console, leave his Keyboard and mouse, leave his 144Hz monitor, Leave his customisable Field of View and Graphics settings and amongst other niceties etc. Is an archaic and dare I say, slightly insane ideal. Not to mention alot of people haven't got $460 laying around! (Although we sometimes wish we did :( ).

However let's say that this did happen on a large scale and that PC gamers rushed out and bought Xbox One's to play Halo. These PC Gamers who now have an Xbox One will very unlikely buy any multi platform games for the Xbox One and will only buy exclusives that are on Xbox One. Because they prefer PC gaming and where they can, they will play on PC, Makes sence right?

This is not really all that great for Microsoft as they rely alot of lots of software being purchased on their platform to make their majority margin, A PC player playing on an Xbox one is not a very good target audience for this.

If the game was brought to PC, however then you have appealed not only to the minority of PC players willing to Purchase an Xbox one to play Halo but also the PC players who only would play Halo on PC and for those who simply cannot afford to have both a PC and a latest generation gaming console.

I truly believe that a PC Gaming audience is different to a Console gaming audience as both audiences have different wants and needs which each unique platform appeals to without necessarily competing with eachother anywhere near the degree a competing Console would compete with an Xbox for example.

Hope this made sense and I appreciate you taking the time out to read a lengthy and slightly painful write up of mine :) Peace out gamers!

Quote: I'm baffled that there is resistance from the "community" at all to bring Halo to more platforms.

The worst thing I can think of is that the small minority prepared to spend $520 on 1 game won't be playing on Xbox therefore less people online. Everything else is win.

I explained in a previous posts that forcing a PC gamer to buy an Xbox one is a false ideal.
As any multi-platform games that come out they will always buy for their PC, and as Microsoft relies mainly on software sales to get their revenue, this isn't a great customer to have.

Dare I say it, I think the main source of resistance is people trying retain a sense of pride for investing a lot of money into an Xbox, But they are forgetting the fact that PC's cost money too, usually more than a console.

Time: Mon September 23, 2019 3:15 PM 188 ms.
A Halo Maps Website