A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: yleebo4
About Contact
Last Post: Jan 9, 2015 07:33 PM
Interests:
Your Age: 23
What Games do you play: hentai tentacle only

Post Statistics
yleebo4 has contributed to 8 posts out of 469283 total posts (0.00%) in 1,697 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » 2 questions Jan 9, 2015 07:33 PM (Total replies: 3)

OK, i figured our how to make import/export animations.

now i need Help with pelican script.

if someone can type script how to make pelican go on "X" spot and play "X" animation also unload its cargo, will be forever greatfull )

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » 2 questions Jan 9, 2015 12:57 PM (Total replies: 3)

1) how to make Checkpoint in your game?
(script startup trig_vuh
(begin
(sleep_until (volume_test_objects check1 (players)) 15)
(game_save)
)
)
i do this but its not working ( i also made (checkpoint_save) instead of (game_save) still not working.

2) Link me please where i can read step by step guide about pelican drop offs.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » some questions. Jan 2, 2015 11:38 AM (Total replies: 16)

Quote: --- Original message by: sparky
that's a silly workaround, because the main issue is the object table being purged.

if you look in the memory tables of the game, you can see that each entry represents an object, and each entry has a countdown value which, when it reaches 0, makes that entry be removed from the table, effectively making it vanish from sight in the game. Overflow of the table makes objects "stick" there, so if you wanted, you could probably have like a bajillion bodies dying somewhere in the map where nobody can see, using chain spawning, so that any actual dead bodies are (hackishly) added outside the bounds of the memory table. This is normally a bad idea (buffer overflow, or whatever resulting in memory leaks), but it's the only way to get it to really work right how you want it to -- just don't do something like that on a dedicated server, or you'll end up having the game's memory increase constantly, if it doesn't crash.

Samuco from the HaloMD community has done a lot of reverse engineering of the network code and has raised this limit tremendously so that bodies probably will never vanish (or rather, you could set that as an option without having problems in the game). He also has a special surprise that I don't want to spoil for him, but I'm going to just say it will blow your socks off when you find out :D :D :D

so how can i open those entries? with guerilla? and where are they..

one more thing that i notices is that when i place Marine biped on map (for example marine) and then kill it in game, it will be removed but, if i make DEAD bipeds of marines then, they will stay forever no matter how much i add them they woutn get removed...very strange, both are bipeds..
Edited by yleebo4 on Jan 2, 2015 at 11:41 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » some questions. Dec 30, 2014 11:02 AM (Total replies: 16)

Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh
Can't you make a scenery spawn as soon as the biped dies?

if you tell me script how to do it i will be greatfull. and one more thing, Dead bodies are removed ONLY when you look away, otherwise they stay on ground, maybe if i make cameras all over my map and make them constantly watching map, bodies wount dissapear?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » some questions. Dec 30, 2014 04:26 AM (Total replies: 16)

Quote: --- Original message by: Maniac1000
You did nothing wrong.
maybe I'm wrong but can you not edit how long garbage stays on the server.

ok, no bodies then:( can you atleast help me with music file input? (i typed above about it)

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » some questions. Dec 29, 2014 04:44 PM (Total replies: 16)

Quote: --- Original message by: sparky
If you want lots of dead bodies, play a different computer game.

did my question make you angry or something? you know this sounds like "If you dont want to play how i play, DONT play at all" or maybe i just asked something wrong

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » some questions. Dec 29, 2014 09:01 AM (Total replies: 16)

Quote: --- Original message by: SGT Arroyo
Bodys vanish zither crus y ou set it on disappear after dying orvdestroyed or yoy goût tout many dead bodys

but i WANT many dead bodies, is there any way to make them stay forever?

(script startup music
(sound_looping_start levels\d40\music\d40_07)
)
i make like this music file, still doesent work
Edited by yleebo4 on Dec 29, 2014 at 09:03 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » some questions. Dec 29, 2014 06:37 AM (Total replies: 16)

1) how to add music in my map? and not just SOUND, a normal battle soundtrack music that we hear when playing campaign.

(script startup music
(sound_looping_start levels\d40\music\d40_07 1)
)
i was trying this, but did not worked.

2)How to make dead bodies stay on ground and not dissapear? in solo mode only few of them stays on ground.

Time: Wed August 21, 2019 7:44 PM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website