A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Kayak 001
About Contact
Last Post: Jan 14, 2015 10:51 PM
Interests: Gaming
Your Age: 16
What Games do you play: Halo: CE
Halo 3 for life!
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
Kayak 001 has contributed to 16 posts out of 469346 total posts (0.00%) in 1,728 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Looks cool, and that's the stuff!
But, PC LED lights are way cooler you know!

Same with the freaking keyboards bro!

Yeah, I'm gonna get that beast Corsair K70 Red keyboard!

Yeah, I would appreciate it. Still need some more replies.

I just made a list using Notepad to list authors on the \halomaps.org/ for videos on for map making, animation, customization, and modeling. I need your guy's help on selecting who is the best you learned off from and such. List the names ONLY for me please!

I WILL TAKE suggestions from people who can send me links to videos or websites that help with this topic/subject!

Sorry for the inconvenience! I'm trying to figure out how to give you guys the Text File. I'm downloading MediaFire!

FIRST FOR BEGINNERS___+CHECK OUT THE CHANNEL ON \YouTube/ or on \halomaps.org/+___ ---> [WildRender]

[Yoda73811] - (Custom Weapon and weapon attachement video tutorial), (Weapon Modding Tutorial), (Long Custom Sounds Tutorial), (Character Tutorial), (Tactical Laser Tutorial), (Scenery Tutorial), (Custom Ammo Powerup Tutorial), (Custom Arm Rigging Tutorial), (Custom Projectile Tutorial), (More... Weapon Customization_+CHECK OUT CHANNEL on \halomaps.org/+_)
[ShadowOrder] - (Adding AI into Halo: CE)
[Alaska Gaming Entertainment] - (3DS MAX Strip Texture Unwrapping)
[kantusr1] - (Creating Custom Sprite \Weapon or something/)
[MatthewDratt] - (Halo: CE AI Following the Player), (Setting up a SinglePlayer Map and Scripts)
[Maniacs1000] - (How to cheat Halo: CE BSP), (Recoloring objects using composite)
[Mike Pickton] - (Rigging a game character using Biped and Skin in 3DS MAX)
[t3hlag] - (Video Tutorial: Complete First-Person Animation Walkthrough \Battle Rifle Reload/), (One More Unto the Groove: Plasma Rifle Redux), (More... Weapon Animations_+CHECK OUT CHANNEL on \halomaps.org/+_)
[hobbet360] - (Basic Vehicle Tutorial)
[MachFiveGaming] - (Halo: CE Modding Tutorial)
[halomodtesters] - (Halo Sound Tutorial)
[HaloVideoTutorials] - (Custom UI/Main Menu Map)
[HaloHub] - (Creating a Halo Map)
[vaughnscheunemann] - (How to Make First Person Animations for Halo: CE)
[llamajuice] - (Modeling), (Texturing), (Sapien Tool and Guerilla)

Quote: --- Original message by: Twinreaper

Depending on the usage of the bitmap, you want to compile bitmaps in DXT3, 5 or 32 bit true color. DXT 3 is explicit alpha, DXT 5 is Interpolated and 32 bit true is the highest quality texture. I use 32 bit for all my map work except for when I need a good dingy plasma shader or other type of illum shader. Sometimes depending on the bitmap, you want to use DXt 3 o 5. Here's an example of real quick...

http://vyrantstudios.azurewebsites.net/Content/images/00006.jpg
Here I used 32 Bit true color bitmaps for everything with a standard tex_bump_illum
shader
http://vyrantstudios.azurewebsites.net/Content/images/00012.jpg
As you can see here I have a patchy fog tag as well as a planar fog. The only light sources for the map are 4 skylights with the +sky material and illumination coming from the illum tags
http://vyrantstudios.azurewebsites.net/Content/images/00017.jpg

On Powerhouse, I have a different setting for each bitmap to create a gritty effect.

On the first 2 map shots for the H2MT map Corpsys, I have only run lighting on Draft_High so far and as you can see because of it, the bump maps show through pretty bad. On the last shot in the map Powerhouse, I had lighting ran on high, but did not specify any additional lum material prefixes to create darker sections inside.

If you like, you can send me the ass file or the max file and I can run it through it lighting to see what I get. I have every texture from halo 1 to 4 saved on my HEK so I don't need any bitmaps unless you created custom ones.

To me it looks as if the alpha channel is what is causing you issues with the lighting. The alpha channel depending on the usage, can occlude light.
Edited by Twinreaper on Oct 24, 2014 at 02:15 AM

HOW?! I NEED DIS STUFF! My new PC is coming soon! *Desperation intensifies*
Edited by Kayak 001 on Jan 14, 2015 at 12:47 AM
Edited by Kayak 001 on Jan 14, 2015 at 12:47 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » New Channel art. Jan 13, 2015 10:11 PM (Total replies: 51)

Banshees is the best! No seriously, advertisement is the way to go these days!
I mean it! I should do that too you know. Put like 5 subscribe to me buttons on my channel art.

XD
Edited by Kayak 001 on Jan 13, 2015 at 10:12 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Textures not popping up on map?! Jan 13, 2015 10:03 PM (Total replies: 5)

Quote: --- Original message by: UnevenElefant5
It sounds like your shaders aren't referencing the bitmap properly. Can you open and see the .bitmap tag in Guerilla? If you can open it in Guerilla but can't see it in Sapien or Halo the problem is probably a shader thing. Is the texture pure white instead of the texture? If so that also points to a shader problem.

Remember, in Halo, you don't assign bitmaps to your bsp. You compile bitmaps, then reference them in /shaders/, which you then apply to your bsp. When you're in the material editor in max and you type out "metal flat generic" that's /actually/ a shader you're referencing, even though the bitmap has the same name.

I fixed the problem already. 2 of 24 textures were missing or just weren't able to pop up because of it not being 512x512. The issue is resolved.

First of all, I'm getting a new PC! I want those shaders and stuff! Is that with the map, or is it a separate program or file or whatever it is for that high poly Halo 4 BR!

I NEED IT!!!

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Textures not popping up on map?! Jan 13, 2015 06:53 PM (Total replies: 5)

I want to do a picture of the picture below as one of my test tutorials for Halo: CE textures and working with it. I have about 20 other textures that worked and started out as 512x512 and converted them to a TIF,TIFF file format. I then go to Sapien after all the other steps needed to have textures on your map. I see two blank ones and forget about them. I try to build the map, and it did not work. I see the error and go to Gueruilla to find out that the picture bitmap is blank ALSO! The picture below was originally not 512x512, but I converted it to 512x512 pixels in Paint and saved it as a TIF,TIFF file format. Any reason why it didn't work?

I just found out that I DIDN'T CHANGE the two pictures to 512x512. I just did it.
Edited by Kayak 001 on Jan 13, 2015 at 07:05 PM

Not true. You should be banned by me, if you call me judgmental making me a judge, then that making me also a moderator as well.

Just kidding...

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314

Quote: --- Original message by: Kayak 001
Quote: --- Original message by: The Master
Not everybody goes to law school, but I was insisting that he went to law school since he posted a topic about memes and images in almost a judgmental way. That's what I thought of him at least.
I don't think you have been in many forums, now have you? You have yet to meet a typical douchebag narcissist tyrannic moderator with a god complex and more ego than Kim Jong Un.
Sincerely, Dennis is the best one I've met. You're the judgmental here.

Ummmmmm, I was not judging him by insisting he took law school. ?!

The connotation that comes with "Well he obviously does this" or "He obviously does that" is a demeaning one. You've not been to high school yet have you.
Edited by Spartan314 on Jan 9, 2015 at 02:07 PM

I'm in high school, and for saying that somebody goes to law school is more of a compliment than anything else. I finally met someone with an intelligence level higher than most average Americans today with no idea of their rights and privileges in a place like my school.

Quote: --- Original message by: The Master
Not everybody goes to law school, but I was insisting that he went to law school since he posted a topic about memes and images in almost a judgmental way. That's what I thought of him at least.
I don't think you have been in many forums, now have you? You have yet to meet a typical douchebag narcissist tyrannic moderator with a god complex and more ego than Kim Jong Un.
Sincerely, Dennis is the best one I've met. You're the judgmental here.

Ummmmmm, I was not judging him by insisting he took law school. ?!

Somebody obviously goes to law school.

Time: Sun September 22, 2019 11:01 AM 406 ms.
A Halo Maps Website