A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Nathanael Gazzard
About Contact
Last Post: Dec 29, 2015 06:54 PM
Interests: Um - just about everything - especially art, music and design
Your Age: 19
What Games do you play:
Windows 7 was so much simpler...

Post Statistics
Nathanael Gazzard has contributed to 24 posts out of 469390 total posts (.01%) in 1,748 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Cheers, thanks

Hi all,
I'm looking to make a full custom-built HUD for a mod I'm working on. Any recommendations on good tutorials for learning the process?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Inventory System Dec 20, 2015 08:22 AM (Total replies: 6)

Thanks, I'll look into it

I personally thought the first film was great - yes it differed from the game, but that's why it's called a film adaption. Truth be told it did an exceptional job of recreating the mood of the games. The second movie was definitely not a great film. Though, the casting for Heather was brilliant. Still even with it's flaws, it entertained me, and that is one of the two things I want from films.

So far most of our models have come from here
http://tf3dm.com/3d-models/silent-hill/1/obj

That being said, we've only just started this week.

If you want to follow the process you can check out the facebook group page at https://www.facebook.com/groups/1076074059089959/

The plan is to create a full campaign story experience, with all original/taken-from-silent-hill models, custom hud, additional components (such as maps). Traditionally Silent Hill is played in 3rd person, however I wanted to do it in first person.

It's not Silent Hill 1 - it's a spin-off/ reboot type thing that draws elements from all the games and the movies. Yes, it'll be in first person. You're a big fan of Silent Hill I take it?

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Quote: --- Original message by: sparky
Quote: --- Original message by: altis94
Quote: --- Original message by: Nathanael Gazzard
a computer crash

Curse of the HEK...

A "hek hex"!

Its not haloween anymore.

My friend Linden called his brother and said "Jonno, I need you to go have a look at the mirror in the bathroom.

Jonno: "I'm looking at it"

Linden: "Happy Haloween!!!"

I can tell you for a fact that this model isn't sealed properly, but that is because for it's purpose, it didn't need to be. Given a few hours I could make it a usable model. Not that I plan to.

Hmhmhm, that'll be the finishing touch for sure.

Yup. That being said, the laptop I was using should have died months earlier. It had no battery, it's monitor keyboard and trackpad were all broken, so it was perpetually plugged into power, an external monitor, mouse and keyboard. It also used to get hot enough to burn my hands.

OK Cheers, will do.

Here are some snapshots of my model making (not Silent Hill related)

Sadly due to a computer crash (the reason I previously left the more complex maps unfinished) I don't have any of my prior work. Probably the best I can give in it's place is the model I built in Sketchup for my architecture studio assignment. It's about the only significant example of my modelling work I available.
Edited by Nathanael Gazzard on Dec 6, 2015 at 09:40 PM
Edited by Nathanael Gazzard on Dec 7, 2015 at 01:09 AM

I will gladly.
1. Yes, I have worked with CE before
2. I have built some fairly basic single player maps and used them in-game (none were ever uploaded). I have good basic 3ds skills, good sketchup skills, and a decent albeit basic grasp on the other stages of map making
3. Somewhat, yes. I aim to create full custom maps, tags, HUD, characters etc. I won't be trying to change the actual Halo programming so it will play essentially like halo, but in the Silent Hill universe.

Hi all, I've recently begun conceptual work on a spin-off Silent Hill game called Silent Hill: Rebirth. My plan is to use Halo custom edition to build it. I'm looking for Modders or Modders-to-be who are interested in participating. It is not the forefront use of my time, but rather a spare time project, so I am not looking for a professional crew bent on releasing a map, but rather people who are interested in working on a more relaxed project for the sake of collaboration, learning, fun and perhaps eventually a map. I will be the overseer of the project however, artistic ideas, critique and creativity are definitely welcome. If you are interested, I've made a Facebook group for conversation and idea sharing, so send a request to join and I'll add you. Here's the link

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1076074059089959/?pnref=lhc

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Inventory System Dec 3, 2015 01:38 PM (Total replies: 6)

I know that you can change the number of weapons the player starts with in gorilla, all the way up to eight. I'm wondering about the idea of deployable health packs replacing grenades. For the trickier items such as artefacts, perhaps they would have to be built as un-fireable weapons. Either that or have those specific items actually be trigger volumes unlocking specific scripting so that locks previously locked would become automatically unlocked the moment you grab the key. So you don't actually ever carry a key, but when you get to the now unlocked door, you would activate a trigger volume awoken by the key "collection" which generates the relevant message such as "you used the key"

Also - anyone interested in getting on board with the project - here's a facebook group to collaborate - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1076074059089959/

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Inventory System Dec 3, 2015 10:52 AM (Total replies: 6)

Cheers.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Inventory System Dec 3, 2015 10:07 AM (Total replies: 6)

My current idea is to create a custom Silent Hill game, built in Halo Custom Edition. One of the things I would like to have is an inventory system. Any ideas on how to achieve that? Also, anyone interested in collaborating on this project - it'll be a slow "when I have time" process, but I'm happy for any Silent Hill/Halo CE enthusiasts to participate. Especially if they have more knowledge than me.

Anyone interested in getting on board with the project - here's a facebook group to collaborate - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1076074059089959/
Edited by Nathanael Gazzard on Dec 3, 2015 at 03:08 PM

When I type in the command "tool build-cache-file levels\" it knows to look in the tags directory under levels, right. Then the folder name is "test2" and the file is also "test2"

As such, if I've typed it in wrong, I don't know how.

BTW thanks for helping

Here is a screenshot of CMD and also the folder my level is saved to.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1598952717053887&set=a.1405050453110782.1073741828.100008175211280&type=1&theater
Edited by Nathanael Gazzard on Apr 30, 2015 at 04:36 AM

Time: Tue October 22, 2019 4:13 AM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website