A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: bobbotheclown
About Contact
Last Post: Mar 17, 2018 08:54 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
bobbotheclown has contributed to 7 posts out of 469346 total posts (0.00%) in 1,700 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

wow i've been looking for an archive like this for a couple years now, i should have just outright asked sooner.

my only further question at this point is which version of 3ds max would you suggest for this? or does it not matter?

I've noticed a lot of tutorials have started to go dead over the years, I was wondering if there were any way we could have an archive of the surviving ones, or if there was some way we could maybe create some updated tutorials, seeing as most the existing ones are from pre-2006. It's really hard to contribute when every not dead tutorial is telling me to use gmax/3ds max on windows xp.

I'd really kill for a tutorial with more modern operating systems/tools in mind. but if thats not an option an archive of tutorials would be the next best thing.
Edited by bobbotheclown on Mar 17, 2018 at 06:34 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Higher res bloodgulch lightmaps for texmod Jan 25, 2015 02:02 PM (Total replies: 16)

Quote: --- Original message by: sparky

I have not figured out how to use Aether so that it changes texture coordinates; I don't think it is meant to alter texture coordinates, just overwrite the textures. So making the lightmaps more detailed does not seem feasible with Aether. I also don't think it is feasible using TexMod, since that is simply a memory mod. So unless you want to start sharing your TexMod files, it's not really suitable for the Halo Editing Kit.
Edited by sparky on Jan 24, 2015 at 03:59 PM

https://www.mediafire.com/?78yo1hmkm68m067

here you go, they're named after the files exported from aether, hope thats not an issue.

Quote: --- Original message by: SS Flanker
Not to sound negative.

But texmod is awful.

It's better to actually modify the textures a map uses for everyone. Rather than one that does it just for you.

well thats kind of the opposite of what a graphics mod is... its just a skin so the lights dont look like they were rendered in the year 2000.

and yeah texmod is absolutely the opposite of user friendly, its downright terrible.

but theres no real alternatives for hd textures short of modifying the games files.
Edited by bobbotheclown on Jan 25, 2015 at 02:12 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Higher res bloodgulch lightmaps for texmod Jan 23, 2015 09:38 PM (Total replies: 16)

http://i.imgur.com/DixMJ0O.png
would post the actual image but a weird policy about posting for new members.

working on some better lightmaps now, there were some issues when i made these.

anybody know how to open halo through texmod with command line options? trying to get halo into windowed mode with texmod, but cant... and on windows 8.1 it just completely breaks everything because texmod crashes halo when in logging mod, like all the time.
Edited by bobbotheclown on Jan 23, 2015 at 09:57 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Higher res bloodgulch lightmaps for texmod Jan 23, 2015 08:15 PM (Total replies: 16)

well thats a bummer...

Edited by bobbotheclown on Jan 23, 2015 at 08:24 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Higher res bloodgulch lightmaps for texmod Jan 23, 2015 12:25 PM (Total replies: 16)

nope

im not entirely sure how to get them into blender, itll look a billion times better once i get that figured out.

Edited by bobbotheclown on Jan 23, 2015 at 12:28 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Higher res bloodgulch lightmaps for texmod Jan 22, 2015 12:20 PM (Total replies: 16)

https://www.mediafire.com/?fubmorhsocicd7f

was just experimenting with some things, and this is what i came out with.

I exported the .obj files from bloodgulch, imported it into blender, and baked all the textures with cycles. i then added a noise reduction filter to the textures with photoshop, and imported the textures into texmod over the existing lightmaps. im sure you can import them into halo pc with hmt or something along those lines.
preview image

http://i62.tinypic.com/30dardl.gif

Edited by bobbotheclown on Jan 22, 2015 at 01:05 PM
Edited by bobbotheclown on Jan 22, 2015 at 01:54 PM

Time: Tue September 17, 2019 3:22 AM 375 ms.
A Halo Maps Website