A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: JohnW0731
About Contact
Last Post: May 10, 2015 06:00 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
JohnW0731 has contributed to 16 posts out of 469494 total posts (0.00%) in 1,769 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Quote: --- Original message by: Zetren
Of course you're using a GPU! If you didn't have a GPU windows wouldn't even start! I think what you mean is that your GPU is integrated, ie an Intel Mobile POS, in which case don't expect jack crap to work. Buy an Nvidia.

And don't rollback anything to do with the processor! Processor chipset drivers are handled by Windows and your BIOS, though I highly doubt a BIOS update would fk up Halo.

Open Sauce is only compatible with English/American Halo CE installations.

I am using an integrated Intel HD 5000, but it should work because my previous laptop ran the game fine with a HD 4000.

Quote: --- Original message by: midnightmodders
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
Quote: --- Original message by: midnightmodders
Quote: --- Original message by: JohnW0731
Hey guys, I'm getting an issue where I can't play any open sauce based maps.
On TSC:E, it looks like this after choosing a loadout:
http://i.imgur.com/zVvBYFD.png

It's either this, frozen, or the scenery is white.

Can anyone please help me get a solution?

Same thing happens to me, no fix for it, if you have the problem well uninstalling won't help, 0 things will help, you got the problem your just out of luck, means you can't play. Sucks for me and you

Really wish there was a fix for it........... I really want to try it

Even with doing an absolute fresh install of everything?

I did a fresh install of Halo, OS, everything, the problem is impossible to get rid of, it used to work but now it stopped

I'm guessing we're missing some kind of support software like Directx or something. But I don't know which and think I have installed what is nessecary. Are you saying all of a sudden one day it stopped working for you?

Quote: --- Original message by: Zetren
John, Open Sauce currently only works on English Halo CE setups, if you're Mexican, install the English version then gtfo

I have the English version installed and am not Mexican.

Hey guys, I'm getting an issue where I can't play any open sauce based maps.
On TSC:E, it looks like this after choosing a loadout:

It's either this, frozen, or the scenery is white.

Can anyone please help me get a solution?

Halo CE General Discussion » Installation 01 (Halo Fan Game) Thread Apr 23, 2015 05:21 AM (Total replies: 494)

Hey, just wondering. Will this game be optimized for lower end PCs? I'm probably never going to get my hands on a gaming system in the next few years, so I'm just wondering if it'll work on a lower end laptop.

Probably a special level where the gameplay isn't so linear. (Players can use terrain, balanced load outs, vehicles, or take advantage over special tools like armor abilities to progress through a level with them all have a balanced aspect, so that the vehicle section will be as hard as the section as if the player on foot. (Like in Crysis 3 where there were different paths to complete a mission, and the stealth or armor modes that would change the tactics.)

Special armor abilities that are very unique would be good
Edited by JohnW0731 on Apr 19, 2015 at 02:37 AM

Hey, I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I recently got a new laptop and installed W8.1 on it. Whenever I try to install Open Sauce 4.0 it always fails around the time when it begins to say something about installing DirectX. May I please know if there is a workaround or a fix?

Halo CE General Discussion » Open souce with MAC Mar 5, 2015 03:38 PM (Total replies: 8)

Quote: --- Original message by: beaucephal
You've basically got two options just now - Bootcamp or Parallels. Opensauce will not run on Halo's Mac port, and using WINE currently doesn't work either. That said, if anybody gets Opensauce working under WINE, I'd be very happy to hear about it!

Can you please tell me what you mean by 'doesn't work'? I got it to install, but the game had graphical bugs. It had them with or without OS.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Feb 20, 2015 09:37 AM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: darkrider400
Quote: --- Original message by: JohnW0731

Quote: --- Original message by: Infinite Guardian
I was scrolling through my Halo CE menus, and I saw two levels that weren't part of the original campaign, called The Commander and None Left Behind, what are those two about, branching off from the vaugest description possible in-game.
I get the same feeling too. Far as what some people know is that The Commander as well as the Evolved version brings us back to The Silent Cartographer, but the question is for what exactly.

Wasn't the Arbiter originally a Commander?

Edit: And Sgt. Johnson nearly left behind on Halo?
Edited by JohnW0731 on Feb 18, 2015 at 08:27 PM

He was a Supreme Commander/ Fleet Commander. So technically yes, but, Thel is irrelevant to the Halo CE storyline as he is never seen or heard in the game, and his affiliation with the humans is still considered Hostile.

And there was a group of marines including Sgt. Johnson that almost got left on Halo, but were picked up by Pelican pilot Sheila Polaski.

In the original Silent Cartographer when you disabled the security, an Elite with golden armor was shown in a cutscene, but we never battled him. In Halo 2 it said that Thel and his ships pursued the POA, and also Thel's armor was golden. Could there be a connection?

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Feb 18, 2015 08:26 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: Infinite Guardian
I was scrolling through my Halo CE menus, and I saw two levels that weren't part of the original campaign, called The Commander and None Left Behind, what are those two about, branching off from the vaugest description possible in-game.
I get the same feeling too. Far as what some people know is that The Commander as well as the Evolved version brings us back to The Silent Cartographer, but the question is for what exactly.

Wasn't the Arbiter originally a Commander?

Edit: And Sgt. Johnson nearly left behind on Halo?
Edited by JohnW0731 on Feb 18, 2015 at 08:27 PM

Quote: --- Original message by: SleepStalker117
Quote: --- Original message by: teh lag

Quote: --- Original message by: Danger_zone_98

If CMT is at the point where it's time to get started with serious work on a TSC: E launch trailer, does that mean that they know approximately how much time is left?
Edited by Danger_zone_98 on Feb 15, 2015 at 05:59 PM

We have a specific date in mind but there's still too much uncertainty relative to how soon it is for us to feel comfortable announcing it just yet. We don't want to disappoint again if something turns out not to be okay. The map may be coming sooner than you might think.

We've whittled down the final BSP's lighting to a tiny handful of issues that still need to be resolved before it's okay; most of them are actually not strictly "rendering," but involve manually painting out inconsistencies and ugly shadow aliasing in the lightmaps. Ifafudafi and I have been working on things for the source material release. Firescythe is working very hard on the OS release. We're all doing our best.
Edited by teh lag on Feb 15, 2015 at 06:14 PM

Can you hurry up. This is taking forever come on dude.

These guys have been working extremely hard, giving up a lot of their personal lives to do this. They're like a 3-4 man team developing a fully Custom map that is basically stretching CE to its limits. They've been doing a really good job so far and will release when they're ready. We might as well not make them feel unappreciated or anything like that.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Feb 9, 2015 02:57 AM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
Quote: --- Original message by: Josh
Are spec op jackals similar to jackal rangers, or are they something completely different?

They have unbreakable shields (except for EMP damage from PP overcharge, Plasma and Gravity grenades) and use the BPP and the Shredder to combat flood.

I might be not updated, but gravity grenades? Are those new?

Halo CE General Discussion » Firefight-Sector 9 Thread Feb 3, 2015 02:57 AM (Total replies: 182)

Hey, I think that this seriously can be one of the best Firefight maps out there, as I played the demo and wow, it sure is impressive.

In case you ever are looking for ideas, I made a list below.

Start with a full squad dropped in by drop pods(AR, SMG, Shotgun, Sniper, and Marksmen)(AI set to follow the player so nobody runs away)
Better AI for squad, shoots behind cover, more accurate and useful as a team
Ability to switch between VISR and Sprint?
ODST HUD (Like the special little lines and edges that are visible on the visor glass itself)
Have Pelicans fly or drop pods in to drop friendly ammunition, vehicles, or teammates (rewarded by waves or by credits)
Air strike markers (laser designator)
Load out selection
New OS features (boarding, boosting, etc)
SmartScope animations?
Occasional 'challenge' wave, like hostage rescue, plant the bomb, assassinate the target, or protect the objective. (Something that can be done as a team and individually)
Opposition with vehicles?
Opposition that moves more objective-based, such as they are automatically 'attracted' to a certain area/building, active unsuppressed shooting, etc.

But really, thanks a lot for making this, I really hope to see the final product.
Will it have any of the above features? Or is that secret?
Edited by JohnW0731 on Feb 3, 2015 at 02:58 AM

Time: Sat December 7, 2019 2:03 PM 375 ms.
A Halo Maps Website