A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Interstellar Collapse
About Contact
Last Post: Feb 22, 2015 06:30 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
Interstellar Collapse has contributed to 6 posts out of 469343 total posts (0.00%) in 1,672 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Hello. I have a (hopefully) small request. Feb 22, 2015 06:30 PM (Total replies: 18)

That'd be wonderful.

I don't have Skype though, something about having Skype installed caused my computer to crash constantly with a BSOD error, and through a wild search last year, I discovered it was something with my DirectX kernel or something, and apparently it wasn't fixed until my last BIOS update a couple months back. I'm not sure if Skype works now, but I haven't taken the risk to go back and check. If you need for me to use Skype, I can see about reinstalling the program.

Halo CE General Discussion » Hello. I have a (hopefully) small request. Feb 22, 2015 12:20 AM (Total replies: 18)

Interesting. I was aware of what you mentioned first, how explosions (.damage_effects) ignore scenery objects, but have never heard of the second method of forcing collision on scenery through meta editors. I'll keep that in mind.

Halo CE General Discussion » Hello. I have a (hopefully) small request. Feb 21, 2015 11:08 PM (Total replies: 18)

My, that was unexpected.

Thanks to you as well for bothering to take a crack at it. Yes, I was aware that "true" stair collisions are a bit unattainable, but stairs can easily be avoided by just "faking" it by simply making stairs a discrete upward incline, like a ramp, instead of actually trying to shape it like stairs themselves.
Edited by Interstellar Collapse on Feb 21, 2015 at 11:30 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Hello. I have a (hopefully) small request. Feb 20, 2015 11:12 AM (Total replies: 18)

Alright then, I suppose I'll look into it further so I can perform it myself once I'm in the position to acquire some new hard drives, as my current ones are uncomfortably cluttered and disorganized. I don't really think my system is in the position to install or run any 3D modelling software at the moment, so I suppose I'll just wait.

Thank you both for your responses, your input is nonetheless appreciated. I'll keep the info provided at hand when the time comes.

Halo CE General Discussion » Hello. I have a (hopefully) small request. Feb 19, 2015 08:33 PM (Total replies: 18)

Greetings. I come in peace here to the halomaps forum with a small request that I would hope isn't too large of a task.

I play the game casually amongst a small group of friends, and I occasionally make small map mods with a carefully revised tagset. I know my way around the HEK itself rather well, but am not very strong in the content-creation area, nor do I have the means to do so, as the tools that are required are not at my disposal. As of late, I've become hard-pressed for some new scenery assets in the forms of small buildings and such in order to give maps more depth and atmosphere in a simple, easily placeable manner without having to modify the map's BSP itself in order to add more substantial objects. That being said, I've found a handful of architectural building models in .max format off of a reliable free 3D model repository site, TF3DM.

Essentially, what I am asking for is to have these models converted into working .scenery tags, in order of preference: Church > Lighthouse > Wood House > Old house.

Quality is unimportant, as long as they work properly (collision, internals like inclines/stairs or ladders if any, etc.)

If someone could perform this task for me in the slightest, or provide some valuable input on the idea otherwise, I would be ever so grateful.

Time: Tue September 17, 2019 12:04 AM 265 ms.
A Halo Maps Website