A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: dmb1
About Contact
Last Post: Jun 27, 2015 06:56 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
dmb1 has contributed to 9 posts out of 469343 total posts (0.00%) in 1,664 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Guerilla map compile Jun 27, 2015 06:56 AM (Total replies: 18)

Quote: --- Original message by: sparky
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCw3EPIaO80
It works for doing basic things like this, but I am uncertain whether it will expand or rebuild a Halo Custom Edition .map file correctly.

Tried it but doesn't work, (still unable to join on a dedi)

In the lobby (Halo Custom Edition) there are quite a few servers with weapon mods which one can join without dl the map, So this leads me to say one can mod a ce map without having to create a new map (which would need to be dl by user) I have asked one of the server owners for any info they have on how they do it but it seems they like to keep it under there hat.

I have tried lua script that 002 made and it does work but the problem there is projectile velocity doesn`t match (no option to change projectile velocity) lets say swapping a pistol bullet for a tank shell there velocity is different,

Thanks for any input guys,
Edited by dmb1 on Jun 27, 2015 at 06:56 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Guerilla map compile Jun 25, 2015 09:56 AM (Total replies: 18)

Good to see someone here knows what there talking about on ce modding, Thanks sparky I will look into it.

Will Eschaton work with Halo custom edition?
Edited by dmb1 on Jun 25, 2015 at 01:32 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Guerilla map compile Jun 24, 2015 09:33 AM (Total replies: 18)

Thanks but that link takes me to HMT which is for Halo pc you cant use that on custom edition,

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Guerilla map compile Jun 24, 2015 08:16 AM (Total replies: 18)

Ok this is the process I am doing,

Hek+ to generate the map.scenario copy or rename it to test.scenario
Open guerilla or kornmans then open the test.scenario (tags, levels, test, bloodgulch)
Make a projectile swap on a weapon then save (close guerrilla)
Open tool in CE direct and put "tool build-cache-file levels\test\bloodgulch\test"
The map compiles no problem

So your telling me It cant be done this way?
If not where am I going wrong,

Thanks again
Edited by dmb1 on Jun 24, 2015 at 08:17 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Guerilla map compile Jun 24, 2015 04:22 AM (Total replies: 18)

LOL, seems like this forum is full of morons, Guys your a credit to the halo community!!

When one comes to a forum for advice and all they get is insults, shame on you.

And for using hmt or similar program for ce, seriously noob.
Edited by dmb1 on Jun 24, 2015 at 04:25 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Guerilla map compile Jun 23, 2015 05:30 AM (Total replies: 18)

Its just a standard bloodgulch map with a weapon that has gat a projectile swap,
So for others to join this map (bloodgulch) they have to redownload the map? I have played quite a few maps in the past with similar mods but havn`t had to replace or download another bloodgulch map.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Guerilla map compile Jun 22, 2015 02:47 PM (Total replies: 18)

I`ve been trying projectile swapping in guerilla with one weapon and then I compile the .scenario but the map comes out smaller than the stock map (bloodgulch) is this normal or am I doing something wrong, because the size of the map changes I cant get it to work on a dedi so others can join it (bloodgulch)

If anyone can give me some advice on this, Thanks

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » "Another" I cannot join my server issue Feb 27, 2015 07:16 AM (Total replies: 2)

LOL many thanks for your help.
I thought it would be something simple to fix, alls well happy days!

Thanks altis94 for your help but ive discovered that although I am able to join my server now after your advice others cant so not so happy again lol.
If I just do some basic stuff with sapien like player spawns I can run the server with no problems me or others joining but when I use guerrilla lets say to increase ammo count on a weapon then after rebuilding im not or others cant join.
Any more help with this would be appreciated.
Edited by dmb1 on Feb 28, 2015 at 05:42 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » "Another" I cannot join my server issue Feb 26, 2015 01:18 PM (Total replies: 2)

I make a few simple mods to weapons (for a multiplayer game) then I create a lan game to see if the mods have worked and the game loads alls well, then when I start a dedi I get "cannot join server"
Ive changed ports so as not to conflict with server ports but to no avail, also if I run a dedi on a clean map no mods I can join the server and others can.
my process for weapon mods are,

Hek+ to create scenario
Guerilla to weapon mod
Sapian to place weapons
cmd.exe to compile map

Where am I going wrong do you think?
When I compile the map it over writes the map in the main ce directory, is this the problem for when I try to use it for a multiplayer map on a dedi.
Any help would be appreciated with this, its probably something really simple im missing.
Edited by dmb1 on Feb 26, 2015 at 01:39 PM

Time: Sun September 15, 2019 6:45 AM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website