A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: sgtsnazzy
About Contact
Last Post: Mar 10, 2015 10:38 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play: Obviously Halo

Post Statistics
sgtsnazzy has contributed to 8 posts out of 465493 total posts (0.00%) in 1,915 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

S'alright, I think no one can ever be a true master at modding this game. I'll take a look at it and tell you if it helped or not.

Edit:
Oh...I thought this was a PDF....um...I can't open this right now...I don't even know how to open these files...I'll keep looking I guess...

EDIT (again):
I took another look at it, the files I can't open, but I took a look at the readme files, and I found an "exit_vehicle" command, so at least thats something...
Edited by sgtsnazzy on Mar 10, 2015 at 10:42 AM
Edited by sgtsnazzy on Mar 10, 2015 at 10:44 AM

Al'ight thanks anyway, I'll try to take a look-see

So I already know how to get AI into a vehicle, but I want to make a script that allows them to get out of the vehicle, sort of like in Assault on the Control room, where if you got out of a vehicle, your allies would automatically jump out too. I'd also like to write a script (Once I master the art of making the AI drive the vehicle properly) to get out of a vehicle after arriving at a certain point, this could be useful especially if its something like a transport vehicle.

Also, I dunno if anyone has done this, but could you program the AI to flip over a vehicle in case it got flipped over?

Hope you can answer my question. Sadly I won't be able to tell you whether the script works because I'm trying to focus more on my studies, but I figured I could still ask questions and learn that way when I came back I'd know what to do.

Okay, well it doesn't matter anymore, I decided to stop modding for a while because I need to focus more on my studies, mostly because I get too obsessed when it comes to video games, I think I know what I did wrong, but I'm not sure, I'd still like to find out more. Though I do have some more questions, I want to make it so if I get out of vehicle the AI riding with me will get out as well, same goes for an AI, which I want to find out how to program AI to get out of the vehicle after a certain point.

I also want to program the AI to fallback to a certain position if either the enemy outnumbers their own, or if too many of their friends get killed. I don't mean just run away, I want to program them to find cover (if any) and try to hold off the enemy until all the enemies are dead or until reinforcements arrive. I still have many more questions, and I'm this is all possible in the game, I know I won't be modding for a little while but I figure I could still learn more about modding in the meantime.
Edited by sgtsnazzy on Mar 5, 2015 at 09:27 AM

UPDATE:

Another question I have is can I make the AI climb ladders? Or would I have to use teleport command script instead, by this point I've pretty much figured out how to execute commands, although some didn't seem to execute in Sapien like idle conversation and aim and shoot. I'm not sure if AI can climb ladders, I wouldn't think any bipeds besides the spartan bipeds would be able to support it.
Edited by sgtsnazzy on Mar 10, 2015 at 10:32 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Need help with AI driving vehicles Mar 3, 2015 06:47 AM (Total replies: 4)

No, I'm not, my first thought was maybe it didn't install correctly, I looked around Google and didn't find many cases about this error, and the ones I did didn't really help me. Also switching the actor variants didn't do anything. Its weird I updated the regular version of Halo and it worked fine...but not for CE

Edited by sgtsnazzy on Mar 3, 2015 at 07:05 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Need help with AI driving vehicles Mar 2, 2015 02:29 PM (Total replies: 4)

Alright thanks, I have some more problems, I downloaded the new multiplayer patch for CE and when I open up the game, it closes and says "Gathering Exception Data".... Also, what do you mean switching? Switch what?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Need help with AI driving vehicles Mar 2, 2015 08:27 AM (Total replies: 4)

Hello again! I would like some help with programming AI to drive vehicles.

I went to this tutorial http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=22698

Did exactly as they said, and nothing happened, at least when I used Warthogs, with Ghosts the AI drive fine, I think maybe its just Sapien, I looked at another map with driving AI before finding the tutorial to figure how other people program driving AI. Strangely enough the AI did not drive the warthogs in Sapien, but when I went to play the level they drove fine. Is there some compatibility issue with Sapien and Windows 8 that I'm not aware of? Or is there something I can tweak in the settings that fixes this? Anyway, I pretty sure that they would drive if I were to play the modified map, but it doesn't seem to show up in Sapien. Anyway hope you guys can help.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Need help with command scripts in Sapien Feb 26, 2015 07:27 AM (Total replies: 2)

Hello, I've been playing halo for quite a while and just recently have finally been able to start modding maps for it. I know the basics of adding AI and making them move, but when I tried to make command scripts (for example, get an actor to jump into a vehicle) they wouldn't do anything. Also is there a way to get the AI to run across the map, when I use move positions they just walk, and I'd rather use something else than firing positions to get them to run. Is there some sort of general tutorial or PDF that explains EVERYTHING about sapien? I know you're probably going to say, go to this post or that and I have, and I watch a couple videos but yet I can't seem to figure out what I did wrong...

My plan is I want to make maps with smarter ai, basically try to be more "tactical" I guess, like if A is getting shot by B, then A will either move to cover or try to flee. I have my work cut out for me seeing the AI is as dumb as a doorknob unless you tell it what to do but if you answer my questions or guide me to some tutorial that would be great.

Also, how would I program an AI to operate a stationary turret whether it be Covenant or Human (can I make marines operate covenant turrets?)

Anyway, thank you in advance until then I will keep trying to figure this out on my own.

*UPDATE*

Well, I figured it out, now I'm going to figure out how to make AI drive vehicles besides ghosts. Also, anyone know where I can find LAAG tags? I extracted it from "The Engine Room 2.0" but when I tried adding it in Sapien it crashed, I'm using the vulcan minigun turrets for now, but I feel that they might be a bit overpowered in an AI battle (I'm trying to a beach assualt sort of like D-Day with Death Island) anyway, if I have anymore questions I'll ask again.
Edited by sgtsnazzy on Feb 27, 2015 at 10:36 AM
Edited by sgtsnazzy on Feb 27, 2015 at 10:37 AM

Time: Sun May 24, 2020 5:34 PM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website