A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: UGoBoom
About Contact
Last Post: Apr 8, 2015 05:24 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
=CE=UGoBoom

Post Statistics
UGoBoom has contributed to 27 posts out of 469283 total posts (.01%) in 1,633 days (.02 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Give whoever decided to revamp the HUD a high five, thank god y'all didn't stick with the old cyan monstrocity.

Quote: --- Original message by: SilentBlade

Guys, I found this https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IzmewDAtVX0 please watch.
Edited by SilentBlade on Apr 2, 2015 at 11:07 PM

That's pretty awesome. 2 years and you can really see the difference. Anyone got any more alpha/beta footage?

Quote: --- Original message by: Mokou Price
Quote: --- Original message by: Danger_zone_98
Quote: --- Original message by: FtDSpartn

Anybody know where is the normal DMR at
Edited by Mokou Price on Apr 1, 2015 at 10:03 AM

Put it on Noble difficulty. It should be near the weapon pods next to the structure.

I cannot find it

In the pods that the Pelican drops at the start? It's always there for me, unless it changed in the latest version.

I think so

Normal DMRs are all throughout the level on noble, you'd have to be daft to miss all of them on a playthrough. Also, tehlag (or another tsc:e team member, i forgot) went on record saying there's a DMR hidden somewhere on the other difficulties. Nobody has reported it's location yet.

well this thread went to hell quickly. Anybody been trying to find whatever the panels are?

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
Quote: --- Original message by: UGoBoom

Quote: --- Original message by: Zetren
-snip-

adding on to this post, was the grunt spawning inside the destroyed wraith at the beginning beach encounter on noble difficulty an intended feature or a bug? I honestly can't tell with how goofy noble gets.
Edited by UGoBoom on Mar 22, 2015 at 02:39 AM

Ugh, spoiler dude!

That is definitely not a spoiler. Everyone knows noble is the goofy mode, but I'm not telling you HOW it gets goofy. That right there would be a spoiler.

I'm still wondering if it's a bug or not though.

Quote: --- Original message by: Zetren
-snip-

adding on to this post, was the grunt spawning inside the destroyed wraith at the beginning beach encounter on noble difficulty an intended feature or a bug? I honestly can't tell with how goofy noble gets.
Edited by UGoBoom on Mar 22, 2015 at 02:39 AM

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
That will eventually be handled by the SPV3 team after all the stock maps are completed. 80% of the mission is planned out for Library, and the other one takes place back on the Cartographer island, hence there being and Evolved and regular version of D30 in the UI. Further discussion of this should take place in the other CMT thread.

Cool stuff! Have a funny picture.

Quote: --- Original message by: The Kingx
after you've completley finished with evolved are you guys still gonna stick around here?

Is the TSC:E team going to be responsible for the other _evolved maps I see on the Universal UI, or is that old outdated news?

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Halo: Relive The Experience {RTE} Mar 20, 2015 08:54 PM (Total replies: 19)

Yeah OP, buddy, you can't just steal a name of an existing mod, especially since both accomplish the same goal. It's confusing and it makes you look scummy.

Try Halo: Reborn or something.

Quote: --- Original message by: il Duce Primo
I'm having a bug with OS. I'm able to play .yelo single player maps, but not able to play custom multiplayer maps or custom .yelo mp maps. When I remove OS, I am again able to play custom multiplayer maps. The problem is, I can't play .yelo multiplayer maps. This is occuring on my Vista operating computer while on my windows 7 computer I do not have this problem. Has anyone else ran into a similar issue, or know of any way to solve this?

No clue dude, but why are you trying to play .yelo multiplayer maps? Nobody ever plays the few that exist.

Halo CE General Discussion » HAC2 + OS compat fix Mar 19, 2015 01:53 PM (Total replies: 126)

Quote: --- Original message by: Ken10Ness
I just have two CEs installed one with HAC2 one with OS.

This is what I've been trying to do but I can't figure out how? On the installer, it just gives me "play" and "uninstall" options.

Quote: --- Original message by: teh lag
The "cheater" sound comes from an old game called Descent. It played that sound whenever you enabled cheats. I like that game.

The rock-out launcher's music was cut from H1. Bungie posted it with some other out-takes some time ago.
Edited by teh lag on Mar 19, 2015 at 12:36 AM

Descent (1994)? I just looked up gameplay and it looks way ahead of its time in the graphics department. I also found the awesome CE Anniversary remix of In The Club. Cool stuff.
Edited by UGoBoom on Mar 19, 2015 at 01:41 AM

Quote: --- Original message by: killzone64
i agree 75-90 seems like a good range to optimize for. there are oddballs like me who play on 110 or higher though. the only issues i have noticed at that fov are some rendering issues in the generator room and dissapearing vines at the beginning cutscene. otherwise everything else works pretty damn good

I play at 105 and I only noticed the map room visual glitches. Probably because there's just so much geometry in that area.

Quote: --- Original message by: MostlyHalo
I made a full lets play of this map! ;)
https://youtu.be/Y86NiLxU6aE

M8 there's dozens of lets plays/full gameplays of the map now. What I haven't seen before is a noble let's play. I, and many others, would love to see others' reactions to noble mode.

Quote: --- Original message by: snehil2
In noble, when i killed that spartan boss in map room the battle rifle fell in the hole beneath generator. Looks like i have to restart that map

You don't 100% need it. It'll make a few rooms ahead easier, but killing the spartan is the requirement to go back up.

Alright, special weapons list has been updated as of 3/17 night.

Golden Weapons:

Assault Rifle (MA5C Individual Combat Weapon System): After the pelican-hog dropoff, go into the water to the left of the double ghost and phantom area. Go behind the farthest rock pillar, and the silhouette should show up sooner or later. Just a Halo 3 style 32-round assault rifle with a yellow stripe.

Battle Rifle (Badass Rifle): Kill the brute chieftan in the swamp. Head back to the waterfall in the same area. Between the two trees on the right, and in front of the log. Shoots the AR/GL's grenades in 3-shot bursts.

DMR (H3 Reach DMR ***[{Halo 4/H4MT}]*** [ARCTIC CAMO] DUBSTEP MASTER RIFLE): After the shafted cutscene, walk across the bridge. Hop down below onto the "U forks", 1 at a time, allow for shield recharge. Once at the platform below the U forks, head towards the spotlight. 69 bullets in chamber, 420 bullets reserve. Idle music and shot music come from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15Ksq4dvLuk. Shoots middle finger sprites with extreme screen shake. Red screen and teleportation upon initial pickup.

Pistol: Not reportedly found yet. "The gold pistol will not reveal itself to the unworthy."

Shotgun (Partygun): In the forest area after the beach/ghost encounter but before the cartographer outside courtyard, take the right-hand path. Stop at the first bunch of enemies and covenant crates, and jump ontop of the left ledge. Fires confetti w/ rainbow-colored shells, 12 shot clip, extreme recoil. High damage, extra range.

Sniper Rifle (Storm Rifle): After the bravo 022 and AA wraith encounter, take a ghost to the left-side ramp over the waterfall. Hold boost and spacebar, but change course midair to 90 degrees left. Land ontop the giant pillar. Single shot. Fires regular damage rounds, lightning for muzzle flash, thunder for firing sound. Causes profuse bleeding upon hit, especially noticeable on allies.

Rocket Launcher (Rock-out Launcher): In the first-encounter-with-hunters room, go up the ramp. Hop on top of the 3-prong covenant crate, and grenade jump to the top ledge. Rocket is on the far side of this ledge, no Keyes head. Fires very slow, homing, rainbow colored rockets. Rocket effects include musical note particles and trail smoke, as well as http://halo.bungie.net/images/games/halo/audio/music/club.mp3 for sound effect. Damage and blast radius are increased.

Plasma Pistol (Marine Plasma Pistol): From the cartographer outside courtyard, there's a bridge above the exit path towards the security override. Ghost boost up there. Green door. Fires 'brown plasma' projectiles with extra damage. Blood marks for bullet holes. Charged shot takes 10% charge and ignites enemies.

Plasma Rifle (Shield Stripper): After disabling the map room's security system, head back to that non-functional elevator at the beginning of the map. It should now work. Fires medium-speed rainbow-colored plasma shots. Extreme damage towards shields, low damage elsewhere. Shooting, overheat and ready sounds replaced by someone's mouth pew-pew sound effects. Battery drains 50% or so slower.

Needler (Noodler): After the interior L room but before the map room, there is a T intersection with a pool below. Crouch-jump up to the edge of the waterfall fixture on the left. Fires slow-velocity "noodles". Low damage, hard to use.

Shredder: Not reportedly found yet. "The gold shredder is hiding, but with some cleverness you can get to its hiding spot."

Auto-Carbine (Cheer Carbine): Look up at start of level. Weapon is left of the tree trunk. Grenade jumps are optional. Fires rainbow-colored bullets, marine hoots and cheers for the bullet and reload sounds. Actually has reverse knock-back; people/things you shoot bump towards you.

Brute Shot (Brute Chute): First, grab a ghost and head to this wall. Glide up and over using boost. At the top, take this path over to here, don't go down the switchback slope. Face like in the last pic, and fall down. Use boost to hug the wall if necessary. Land on the platform. Fires highly explosive brutes, gore and blood explosion on impact. Increased damage and blast radius. Red screen and teleportation upon initial pickup.

Spiker (Who Cares): Clear all the enemies out at the caves. Head back to the large rock that bisects the two paths. Behind the covenant crates but in front of that boulder. Fires spikes with extra-slow bullet velocity with a slow fire rate. High damage, if you can hit anything with it.

Other Special Weapons:

Halo 1 Pistol: Screenshot.

Fuel Rod Cannon: Beat the Brute Chieftain on Fun Mode (cheat_jetpack 1).

DMR: Other than the gold variant, this weapon is only found on noble difficulty. Secret DMR for the other difficulty exists, but not found yet.

The Silent Battle Rifle: Kill the spartan boss found in the map roomon noble difficulty.

Thanks for all the info today everybody.

Quote: --- Original message by: teh lag
the rock-out launcher's music comes from this lovely piece of halo 1 history:
http://halo.bungie.net/images/games/halo/audio/music/club.mp3

I remember hearing this several years ago. What map was it on again?

Oh, and where did the "Cheater" soundbyte come from when you activate cheats? Doesn't sound like cortana to me.

Another question: why did you guys choose that specific ambient track for when the pelican is ready to pick you up? It's a bit on the creepy side (it gives me noble-ending flashbacks) and felt rather anti-climactic on my first playthrough.
Edited by UGoBoom on Mar 17, 2015 at 11:47 PM

Quote: --- Original message by: Danger_zone_98
No, you people misunderstood me. That's how I call the regular Shredder, lol.

God dang it dude, I totally wanted there to be a golden shrekter that shot green onions, with DONKEHHY shot sounds.

Quote: --- Original message by: Ifafudafi
Quote: --- Original message by: UGoBoom
(Marine Plasma Pistol)... Shoots flood-gunk-like projectiles

you guys are adorable sometimes

I'm kinda lost for words on what to call them.

Quote: --- Original message by: dustyb216
It isn't golden. The ammo scree change colour rapidly.

Yes it is golden. Dark gold, but still golden.

Quote: --- Original message by: sshers4
Can you add foot prints for the beach.

Why does everyone keep asking for this? It's something nobody would even notice yet it would take quite a while to add in.
Edited by UGoBoom on Mar 17, 2015 at 11:13 PM

Quote: --- Original message by: xnx
Yeah, I found it on day 2.
Edited by xnx on Mar 17, 2015 at 02:01 PM

Can you show us how to do it?

Quote: --- Original message by: dustyb216

So has anyone found the Badass Rifle? I found it but don't know if it was already found by other yet. It shoots 3 grenade bullet.
Edited by dustyb216 on Mar 17, 2015 at 04:47 AM

Unless that's the golden silenced BR you're talking about, then no. Tell us how to get to it please!

Hey guys, I decided to compile everything concerning the golden weapons. Help me out with pictures for the tutorials and the missing info.

Golden Weapon List as of 3/16:

Assault Rifle (MA5C Individual Combat Weapon System): After the pelican-hog dropoff, go into the water to the left of the double ghost and phantom area. Go behind the farthest rock pillar, and the silhouette should show up sooner or later. Basically just the Halo 3, 32-round assault rifle. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there's nothing else special.

Battle Rifle, Silenced (name?): found by xnx but need Tutorial/Info.

DMR (H3 Reach DMR ***[{Halo 4/H4MT}]*** [ARCTIC CAMO] DUBSTEP MASTER RIFLE): After the shafted cutscene, walk across the bridge. Hop down below onto the "U forks", 1 at a time, allow for shield recharge. Once at the platform below the U forks, head towards the spotlight. 69 bullets in chamber, 420 bullets reserve. Constant 'chant' 'music' [need source]. Fires dubstep shots [need source], middle finger sprites, and extreme screen shake. Red screen and teleportation upon initial pickup.

Pistol (name?): There are aparently two secret pistols, one gold and one not, but need Tutorial/Info.

Shotgun (Thunder Rifle(?)): found by 1bobsam1 but need Tutorial/Info.

Sniper Rifle (name?): On the giant pillar in the center of the security overide/bravo 022 area, but need Tutorial. Single shot. Fires high damage rounds, lightning for muzzle flash, thunder for firing sound.

Rocket Launcher (Rock-out Launcher): In the first-encounter-with-hunters room, go up the ramp. Hop ontop of the 3-prong covenant crate, and grenade jump to the top ledge. Rocket is on the far side of this ledge, no Keyes head. Fires very slow, homing, rainbow colored rockets. Rocket effects include musical note particles and trail smoke, as well as a techno music [need sauce] sound effect. Damage and blast radius are increased.

Plasma Pistol (Marine Plasma Pistol): There's a bridge above the exit path towards the security override. Ghost boost up there. Green door. Shoots flood-gunk-like projectiles with extra damage. Blood marks for bullet holes. Charged shot takes 10% charge and ignites enemies.

Plasma Rifle (Shield Stripper): After disabling the map room's security system, head back to that non-functional elevator at the beginning of the map. It should now work. Fires medium-speed, high-damage, rainbow colored plasma shots. Extreme damage towards shields, low damage elsewhere. Shooting, overheat and ready sounds replaced by someone's mouth pew-pew sound effects. Battery drains 50% or so slower.

Needler (Noodler): After the interior L room but before the map room, there is a T intersection with a pool below. Crouch-jump up to the edge of the waterfall fixture on the left. Fires slow, flood-gunk-like needler shots. Low damage, hard to use.

Shredder (Shrekter): Found by Danger_Zone_98, but need Tutorial/Info.

Auto-Carbine (Cheer Carbine): Look up at start of level. Weapon is left of the tree trunk. Two grenade jumps should get you up there. Has rainbow meter and bullets, marine hoots and cheers for the bullet and reload sounds. Actually has reverse knock-back; people/things you shoot bump towards you.

Brute Shot (Brute Chute): Found by Danger_Zone_98, but need Tutorial. Shoots highly explosive brutes. Red screen and teleportation upon initial pickup

Spiker (name?): Found by WWLinkMasterX, but need Tutorial/Info.
Edited by UGoBoom on Mar 17, 2015 at 04:00 AM

This list has been added upon later in the thread.
Edited by UGoBoom on Mar 17, 2015 at 11:38 PM

Time: Wed August 21, 2019 11:58 PM 359 ms.
A Halo Maps Website