A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Rambo
About Contact
Last Post: Jan 12, 2014 10:26 AM
Interests: Music, Sound, Game Design, Science, Math, Halo CE Map-making
Your Age: 33
What Games do you play: Halo CE, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Strive to be the best!

Post Statistics
Rambo has contributed to 113 posts out of 469389 total posts (.02%) in 4,715 days (.02 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Rambo needs help with blood creek! Jan 12, 2014 10:26 AM (Total replies: 39)

Not much has happened since late 2009.

We'll be keeping the Day-ZNight system. In fact, we'll be improving upon it signifficantly with Open Sauce. With Open Sauce, we'll have tons to show.

128 BSP Lightmaps for Day
128 BSP Lightmaps for Night
2 BSPs total, one for each.

All lightmaps will be baked, not just generated by Tool.

There might even be a weather system, if we can get it moving and off the ground.
Edited by Rambo on Jan 12, 2014 at 10:27 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP]Blood Creek RC3 Feb 19, 2012 02:32 PM (Total replies: 134)

OK guys. Tomorrow comes a big mega update. Spartan and I will be updating the map tomiorrow as far as progress here on the site.

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP]Blood Creek RC3 Dec 31, 2011 01:39 PM (Total replies: 134)

OK. So I got this thing back from KingFisher. 90+ Degens and a slew of open edges and other errors. Can someone please help fix it up with me?

Contact me on Xfire at guardian2433 if you're interested and willing to help.

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP]Blood Creek RC3 Dec 29, 2011 09:23 PM (Total replies: 134)

Quote: --- Original message by: Sciophobiaranger

You could add realistic flags like Marines (red team ) vs Taliban (blue team).. if not added to the map already, like this http://youtu.be/g71og1AlVbA , and maybe flags hanging off the buildings... Just to get that modern feel for it.
Edited by Sciophobiaranger on Dec 29, 2011 at 03:36 PM

Done. Red side = America. Blue side = Canada.

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP]Blood Creek RC3 Dec 29, 2011 12:29 AM (Total replies: 134)

Oh, it's a favorite weapon of mine. 20 round clip, .30 Cal LMG.

BTW: Nice work, KingFisher.
Edited by Rambo on Dec 29, 2011 at 12:33 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP]Blood Creek RC3 Dec 28, 2011 09:52 PM (Total replies: 134)

I once heard of a "memory hack" external app that allegedly allowed for >16 people to join a CE game. Unfortunately, however, it was never fully tested and the results that were determined, however, yielded that >16 people caused a gathering exception data error. I was, myself, given the app, although I lost it in a crash and loss of data therefore, and I wanted to fill a server past sixteen players, but never got around to it.

Could someone please either...
    a) point me to the application responsible for extending the Halo CE limit

...Or...
    b) Help determine if it's even possible and code a way, even if albeit into Open Sauce *coughs towards Kornman00's direction with a closed-mouth quiet cough*

...And make this possible?

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP]Blood Creek RC3 Dec 28, 2011 09:33 PM (Total replies: 134)

Quote: --- Original message by: Maniac1000

Rambo,
Will you ever finish this map, and not keep adding and adding and adding?
It seems to me like there really is no end to this map, which is why i have been the way i have been about it.
I have become, i dunno the word for it atm, disheartened? with this project, i dont see the end of the tunnel and am therefore reluctant to help. does that make sense?
I would help more if i could see an end, but i just dont.
Edited by Maniac1000 on Dec 28, 2011 at 09:08 PM

Well, yes. There is an end to it. Here's what's left.

-Residental buildings
    -High School
    -College School
    -Police Station
    -Fire Station
    -Prison
    -Mall
    -Warehouse
    -Racing Arena
    -Bus Stops
    -Widening the roads
    -Reconstructing the layout a bit to allow for a more "city-like" feel
    -Adding in cliffs to the part where it conjoins with the main Blood Creek map

That should be it, for the campus. Then we do the Dynamic Time System for Day-Night; then finalize things and release.

So yes, there will be an end. I just see too few buildings in the campus and too much undevelopment.

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP]Blood Creek RC3 Dec 28, 2011 02:45 PM (Total replies: 134)

Thanks for all the comments, guys. Thanks.

We are working on a immense Day-Night system for this game, too. Look for the new dynamic time system or DTS for short.

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP]Blood Creek RC3 Dec 27, 2011 10:37 PM (Total replies: 134)

Hello, everybody, and welcome to our newest Blood Creek thread. This is a work-in-progress or WIP thread. Here, we will promo everything we're doing on the map as of now on up to the release. Some will be stills; others will be videos to watch.

Please note: The content you see here is negotiable and is *NOT!!!* final. It can, may, and will change over the course of time.

With that said, let's get started.

Halo CE General Discussion » Help with Blood Creek RC3 Sep 28, 2011 09:01 PM (Total replies: 11)

Finally posted screenshots on the main post for you all.

Halo CE General Discussion » Screenshots are up. Sep 28, 2011 05:03 PM (Total replies: 4)

Hey i put some screenshots up.

General Machinima Discussions » The Creation & History of Blood Creek RC3 Sep 28, 2011 04:56 PM (Total replies: 0)

This is a link to The Creation & History of Blood Creek RC3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaiYbxJtjkA

We made this back in 2009 with help from Roxas and Chaos (formlesstree4). It shows off work on the map back at that time and goes over the history of how the map was made, starting from back in 2006 around thanksgiving until then.

this machinima features an hour-and-a-half's worth of documentation.

Halo CE General Discussion » Help with Blood Creek RC3 Sep 17, 2011 11:10 AM (Total replies: 11)

Once again, this is another call for help from anyone left in the CE community that isn't a flamer or a troll (no accusations intended).

Here are some screenshots of the RC3 portion of the map, as you've all seen the campus, and perhaps, even a video at that to watch.

You will notice Bloom in Halo CE via Kornman0's latest Open Sauce build.

I will edit the screenshots into the message in a bit, as I am prepping a demonstration of RC3 itself.

Things I need:
    Modelers
      BSP Modelers
      Scenery Modelers

Animators
      1st-Person Animators
      3rd-Person Animators

That's all, for now.

If there is anyone with spare time, please help, even if it's from a team like CMT, zTeam, etc.

Thanks

~Rambo

EDIT:

Here's a video showing the map as of now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7QErd8-0BM

And here's a link to my Photobucket, where all my screenshots for this map are located.

http://s564.photobucket.com/albums/ss85/Guardian2433/
Edited by Rambo on Sep 28, 2011 at 05:20 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » My Modeling Nightmare Apr 29, 2011 03:58 PM (Total replies: 13)

Quote: --- Original message by: pablo

What are we supposed to be looking at in said images?

E:
I watched your video. So tell me why are you complaining about you running ZoomText? It's as simple as turning off the program.
Edited by pablo on Apr 28, 2011 at 10:52 PM

I'm merely stating that I cannot see well to model because of bad eyes and this shows it plainly. When you see stuff blown up like that, you know...

Halo CE General Discussion » My Modeling Nightmare Apr 28, 2011 10:30 PM (Total replies: 13)

See above post regarding the preceding one. I edited it.

Halo CE General Discussion » My Modeling Nightmare Apr 28, 2011 09:46 PM (Total replies: 13)

This is why it's so difficult for me to make Halo maps on my own. See for yourself.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TC0IDYIX
Edited by Rambo on Apr 28, 2011 at 09:49 PM

Other images of my modeling nightmare include:

Edited by Rambo on Apr 28, 2011 at 10:29 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Help needed Mar 18, 2011 07:17 AM (Total replies: 10)

OK if you can do all that then contact me on Xfire at Guardian2433. Same with you, Corvette. I don't thinkI have you anymore.

Halo CE General Discussion » Help needed Mar 16, 2011 12:20 PM (Total replies: 10)

Yes you may betatest. If you're able to model, please help. I'll help you learn some stuff I know but cannot do due to bad eyesight.

Yeah a lot of our textures are either 512x512 or 1024x1024. In some rare cases, they're 2048x2048. We're about quality here, not commerse, unless it shoots the map up way too high in filesize.

Oh believe me I intend to. I MIGHT, I repeat, MIGHT go double res but NOT quad res like I was doing, but that's if the map isn't crazy in filesize for a single lightmap .bitmap file. I'll probably default to stock resolutions though and just 3DS Max render the lightmaps using Vray lighting.

Time: Fri October 18, 2019 9:03 PM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website