A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: lolslayer
About Contact
Last Post: Jun 7, 2018 03:31 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play: Halo, Knights and merchants, King Arthur's Gold
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHbAKvPJkU

Post Statistics
lolslayer has contributed to 976 posts out of 466912 total posts (.21%) in 1,191 days (.82 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » What happened to the CMT SPV3 Bonus Maps? Jun 7, 2018 03:31 AM (Total replies: 8)

Quote: --- Original message by: Pepzee
I'll add to the speculation and say that I thought CMT had moved on to recreating Lumoria.

Good

Halo CE General Discussion » Hex Zone Classic (Release) Jun 5, 2018 07:45 AM (Total replies: 8)

"Activar windows"
Ahahahah

Really nice looking map btw, shows what some creative ideas can do with old engines

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 1.5 maps converted to CE Jun 5, 2018 07:44 AM (Total replies: 7)

It actually happened

Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer
Dude, statistically speaking

I wasn't. I was speaking metaphorically. Besides... I blink slow.

hehe

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
Quote: --- Original message by: Joshflighter
Honestly, I'm surprised this site isn't dead (or shut down by Dennis lol).
The website has only been open for a little over 14 years. While that may be a major part of your guys's lifetime for me it is just an eye blink.

Dude, statistically speaking you'll only see around 6x 14 years in your lifetime, it's not a blink of the eye

It's a figure of speech. Why do you think people say "life is short" all the time?

True

Quote: --- Original message by: Joshflighter
Honestly, I'm surprised this site isn't dead (or shut down by Dennis lol).
The website has only been open for a little over 14 years. While that may be a major part of your guys's lifetime for me it is just an eye blink.

Dude, statistically speaking you'll only see around 6x 14 years in your lifetime, it's not a blink of the eye

Halo CE General Discussion » Horrible, horrible faliure... May 23, 2018 06:25 PM (Total replies: 8)

can somebody upload a pic for my lazy ass?

Halo CE General Discussion » Best forerunner architecture May 23, 2018 06:24 PM (Total replies: 9)

Probably gonna stick with lumoris here too

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: Fireteam Raven Arcade May 23, 2018 05:42 AM (Total replies: 4)

Quote: --- Original message by: Halo Noob Modder117
Oh I love discussions like these... Brings me back to the Waypoint days, these are the kinds of threads that got me and my buddies banned until 2552! Because you know Waypoint forum moderators are total (insert any insulting words here) that try to turn the internet into 'safe spaces' and promote SJW BS. To them, anything almost remotely negative about the franchise or a simple disagreement with a decision or other user who's kissing ass is deemed as something more serious than violence and deserves perma bans.

Anyway, on the Xbox (why did they even bother? that arcade machine has nothing to do with my machines so why would I care or deem that news worthy on my devices?) they posted so excitedly as if they just produced a brand new Halo game so maybe they should tone it down a notch rather than be misleading- I understand where the confusion comes from. Where about's did they specifically mention that someone approached them?

"Where about's did they specifically mention that someone approached them?"

Right after the trailer was initially shown at inside Xbox, in an interview...
Edited by lolslayer on May 23, 2018 at 05:44 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: Fireteam Raven Arcade May 21, 2018 07:23 PM (Total replies: 4)

Quote: --- Original message by: Nickster5000
Halo 5 didn't meet their quota, now they're desperate to make more money to compensate.

I hate people like you, spreading nothing but nonsense

The idea of this arcade game didn't start with 343I, this isn't a cash grab of them. Those arcade game developers approached 343I themselves to get permission to make this game, that's it.

Halo CE General Discussion » Which are your favorite Halo CE maps? May 20, 2018 08:38 AM (Total replies: 8)

Project lumoris ep 3

Thicc

I actually had trouble finding the respond button because of it being moved by all the Z's

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE]: New Mombasa Beta Apr 24, 2018 05:28 AM (Total replies: 188)

Nice, I like how the phantoms actually fly in now and the city looks more alive with civilians trying to defend it

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE]: New Mombasa Beta Apr 2, 2018 06:31 AM (Total replies: 188)

Happy third cycle of the earth!

Now, where is our april fools joke? >:(

Yesss, more of the good stuff

Quote: --- Original message by: 1bobsam1

First started to pay attention to custom Halo Content in about 2009 and play it and was pretty much when I got the game. I started to hop between Modacity and Halo Maps forums around 2009, finally made an account (I obviously still use my original one here) in both places around that time. I used to check Halo Maps' Halo CE map section daily for new maps, never visited the forums really before 2009. Then come sometime around 2008/2009, I met HDoan in a random public Halo CE server running Sciophobia. I knew who he was because I knew and followed H3MT's work on their Moddb page. So I asked if I could add him on Xfire as a friend and thus my Halo CE life grew in depth meeting knew people like: Jesse, Dsalimander (who I eventually found out lived in the same state as me, one night we were both experiencing the same severe thunderstorm outbreak), Masterz1337, English Mobster, Gamma927, Malolo420, Rambo, Joshflighter, Inferno, Advancebo, and maybe a few others that I am forgetting or that weren't ever known really well in the communities. I did some modeling that never went anywhere because I gave up. Then went on to Beta testing things/maps for people (almost all those I mentioned above I did testing for). But in 2015 or so I finally (for the hell of it) did my first true ingamed Halo CE map, I put some downloaded tags in the tutorial map and compiled it and it worked.

So here's some a few screencaps that HARDLY encase this journey. A Xfire screenshot of me saying a message "HIGH POLY :D" from HDoan's Xfire profile. A random screenshot the desktop with Xfire open from ‎August ‎5, ‎2009 taken in our family's old Windows XP eMachine. The green/tan renders was an attempt to recreate Metropolis by hand. The teal renders are of a Last Resort remake I wanted to start. The grey render is a random practice map model. Then the OTHER tan ones are of a map I completed modeling (it was supposed to be another part of Zanzibar's shoreline) And then some renders (the ODST style renders) from English Mobster when I was giving him feedback.

https://imgur.com/a/mJEUP
Edited by 1bobsam1 on Mar 27, 2018 at 03:44 AM

That desktop picture is a real windows XP era treasure trove. Pivot, Gamemaker, all those good old primary school stuff

also, thx for the fix spiral
Edited by lolslayer on Mar 27, 2018 at 05:56 AM

Fix your photobucket pics spiral

Very nice!

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Custom Edition features in MCC Mar 10, 2018 12:42 PM (Total replies: 23)

Well, I wish them the best of luck with that because split-screen is one of my biggest custom edition wishes come true

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Custom Edition features in MCC Mar 9, 2018 06:52 AM (Total replies: 23)

Quote: --- Original message by: supersonic124
I don't think that it means that much, but I still dream of the day that they add verified custom maps to MCC like the lumoria campaign and great MP maps. Definitely unrealistic but you can Always wish

You can already play custom campaigns with a controller in high resolutions and proper 60fps now on pc for a MCC-ish experience

I really just want multiplayer custom maps in MCC to play them with the improved netcode.

MCC supports split-screen
split-screen lumoria = love

So yeah, that's sadly enough not something I can find on PC so if it comes to MCC (and with some scripting changes maybe to support 2 player gameplay), I can finally play it together with others

Time: Sat June 23, 2018 11:20 PM 500 ms.
A Halo Maps Website