A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: adumbass
About Contact
Last Post: Apr 5, 2009 03:34 PM
Interests:
Your Age: 20
What Games do you play:
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
adumbass has contributed to 374 posts out of 469499 total posts (.08%) in 4,765 days (.08 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » [Release]Halo 3 Anti Air Wraith Vehicle Tags Apr 5, 2009 03:34 PM (Total replies: 56)

Do you still have the data files?... I kinda want to make it destructible.

Halo CE General Discussion » ai vehicles following command lists Apr 4, 2009 01:24 AM (Total replies: 7)

Quote: --- Original message by: Megaguirus

Quote: --- Original message by: adumbass
Are you guys following the tutorial exactly? Did you edit your vehicle tags so ai can drive them?.. It doesn't matter if you set your encounter to moving_randomly_loop, that has nothing to do with it. Don't use the go_to_and_face command, just the go_to one.

yes, gamma even checked over all my tags to see if they were right

i used a command lis to make my ai get in vehicles, dose that effect anything?

Edited by Megaguirus on Apr 3, 2009 at 12:34 PM

That shouldn't make a difference. You guys probably have something wrong somewhere in the tags, command list or script.

Halo CE General Discussion » ai vehicles following command lists Apr 2, 2009 07:21 PM (Total replies: 7)

Are you guys following the tutorial exactly? Did you edit your vehicle tags so ai can drive them?.. It doesn't matter if you set your encounter to moving_randomly_loop, that has nothing to do with it. Don't use the go_to_and_face command, just the go_to one.

Halo CE General Discussion » 30 min SP Mar 29, 2009 09:34 PM (Total replies: 329)

Quote: --- Original message by: DarkZealot
Quote: --- Original message by: L0d3x
Quote: --- Original message by: DarkZealot
You need dropships, I'd be more than happy to get my AI command list ones to ya'll. :D

You're not the only one who knows how to do this...it's like, almost identical to using warthogs with command lists.

Since you're so confident, why don't you show me one of YOUR dropships running a command list and not crashing?

I've had them flying with command lists long before you, its not that amazing... Its just as Lodex says though, getting them to fly with command lists is very similar to getting them to drive hogs.
http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=22698 - for anyone who wants to do it.
Edited by adumbass on Mar 29, 2009 at 09:34 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Human Campaign Jan 18, 2009 04:44 PM (Total replies: 832)

Quote: --- Original message by: Mythril

tl;hr

The marine has an animation when he's hit by something. Like, stumbling back. I had a fire scenery once, and bump possessed a marine. He couldn't walk inside the fire, because the animation kept pulling him back.

I suppose it's just a minor change in the animation tag. And we don't have one animator, I can animate slightly, looking into animating bipeds right now.

This is actually easy to fix, its in the biped tag under camera tracks. Just set the hard ping and soft ping thresholds to higher numbers.

Halo CE General Discussion » The Covenants' Side to Halo Campaign "WIP" Jan 18, 2009 04:30 PM (Total replies: 570)

Quote: --- Original message by: Gamma927
Actually, the elite that was capturing keyes got shot between the eyes inside the lifepod

Hes not talking about that elite.. hes talking about starting in the covenant dropship that captain keyes drives at the end of a50.

I'm pretty sure its possible to make the ai look at a point. I think the command was "Look". I haven't really done anything with ai for a while so I don't exactly remember. As for attaching a point to an object.. I don't think that can be done, but I could be wrong.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 3 on PC - Has Bungie been Revealed? Jan 3, 2009 12:34 AM (Total replies: 155)

Quote: --- Original message by: DEEhunter
Quote: --- Original message by: DarkHalo003

You're totally wrong. HL2's graphics aren't near as good as Halo3's. Halo3's has far more pretty and realistic (tangible) graphics, while HL2 still has that colory cartoony gloss to it that keeps it at it's level. Halo3 looks a lot better and different in many ways.

Halo 3 has better graphics, but HL2 definitely does not have "colory cartoony gloss". If anything halo3 is "cartoony" just look at the colors they use.

You certainly are adumbass.

Did you read my post? Are you agreeing with DarkHalo and saying HL2 is cartoony?

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 3 on PC - Has Bungie been Revealed? Jan 3, 2009 12:07 AM (Total replies: 155)

Quote: --- Original message by: DarkHalo003

You're totally wrong. HL2's graphics aren't near as good as Halo3's. Halo3's has far more pretty and realistic (tangible) graphics, while HL2 still has that colory cartoony gloss to it that keeps it at it's level. Halo3 looks a lot better and different in many ways.

Halo 3 has better graphics, but HL2 definitely does not have "colory cartoony gloss". If anything halo3 is "cartoony" just look at the colors they use.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halomaps Idol! Dec 31, 2008 02:54 PM (Total replies: 95)

I wanna enter this with the map I was working on for the winter contest since it seems to be dead..

I'm pretty sure its not hosted on halomaps. I think there was a link on the gearbox forums did you check there? If that link is down pm me, I have it and can upload it to file front later.

Quote: --- Original message by: megahalofan12
Quote: --- Original message by: DEEhunter
How about flying vehicles?

I'm guessing that it would work as well. All this script does is "force" the AI's into the vehicle and command them to go to a point. Why wouldn't they go to a point in the air?

Its not a script its a command list, although I did use a script to make them follow that command list. You can get them to do this without scripts by just making the command list first tell them to get into the vehicle, then follow the points. I also did not really force the ai into the vehicle, I simply used a different command list to tell them to get in. Air vehicles will sometimes go crazy and lose control if a point is behind them but it can work.

Quote: --- Original message by: Guilsam
maybe post a vid of marines driving the vehicle and not going into spin-outs with the warthog?

I'm too busy to make a video and I've never made one before anyway. There is a map with it working in the first post.

Quote: --- Original message by: kirby_422
You can also set the destination radius, avoidance distance and pathfinding radius as I have in this pic but I'm pretty sure those don't matter.

They only matter to anyone who cares about their AI not crashing. Although the down side is, their killing instinct overrides those settings, so if the AI know you exist, they will crash anyways to try and reach you.

I couldn't remember if they mattered or not since I discovered how to do this a year ago. I didn't remember exactly what I had to do to get it to work the first time. I still don't think it matters if you set them though, the ai will be following a command list anyway and even with the avoidance distance up they still seem to ram anything in their way. Also, I'm too busy to go and get it to work with dropships again. It isn't perfect sometimes if the point is behind them and they are flying a dropship they will go crazy.
Edited by adumbass on Dec 19, 2008 at 01:01 AM

yes it works for air vehicles, I've got drop ships to work. I might have changed some of the flags that were checked though.

Someone recently asked me for a tutorial on how to make warthogs follow command lists, so here it is. I wrote this pretty fast so it might have some errors. I've also included a test map and it's script as an example its not the best looking map its just a map I use to test things. In this tutorial I'll be explaining how to set up your vehicle tag, and command lists so that ai driving the warthog follow the points in a command list. I am not going to explain how to set up an ai encounter or how to get ai into the vehicle, I'm gonna assume you already know that. This tutorial applies mainly to the warthog and vehicles of the same type. The biggest problems with ai following a command list while driving a hog is that they can not go to a point that is behind them, they will just stop. They also aren't able to back up.
Example map:
http://files.filefront.com/hog+testrar/;12698094;/fileinfo.html

First you have to edit your vehicle tag so that ai can drive it. Open your vehicle tag and scroll down to the bottom where it says $$$ VEHICLE $$$. Check the ai driver enable and ai driver can sidestep flags. Uncheck the ai unused, ai driver flying and ai driver hovering flags. Now under that find where it says ai slideslip distance, this controls how much the ai will allow the vehicle to slide when turning. The higher the number the more they will allow the vehicle to slide, setting it too high may cause problems. You can also set the destination radius, avoidance distance and pathfinding radius as I have in this pic but I'm pretty sure those don't matter.

Next create a command list and place a few points that you want the ai to follow. Make sure the points eventually go back to the first one and remember that the halo 1 ai can't figure out how to backup or go to a point that is behind them. Here is a pic of how I set my points.

Now place your warthog, I recommend placing the hog facing the first point like in this pic.

Now create the commands in the command list. I don't remember if the first command set radius is necessary, but it is supposed to set how close the ai has to get to a point before they consider moving to the next. Next add a go to command, set the modifier to keep moving, and the destination to your first point. Do this for all your points. Once your done doing that add one more command, the loop command. Set the modifier to always and command as the first go to command, this will make the ai always loop back to the first go to command and they will continue moving on that path. Place your ai and make them run this command list, they should follow this path while in the warthog and loop back continuously.

Edited by adumbass on Dec 18, 2008 at 07:06 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » ThePlague's 24/7 Server Dec 11, 2008 08:02 PM (Total replies: 66)

I've never been a server admin before.

Quote: --- Original message by: wesman
Well I just played it with 12 people and it was a blast. Do you know if there is going to be a final release and whether or not custom weapons will be added?

I had a version better than that one but my hard drive died. There will probably never be a final version unless someone else does it. If anyone wants the max files just pm me.

Halo CE General Discussion » Chains Revised Holiday Contest Dec 4, 2008 11:17 PM (Total replies: 159)

Quote: --- Original message by: ThePlague
Me, Newbkilla, and HaloRider are about 1/4 of the way done with our map. I think it's going to be one of the best, and you'll all like it.

Also, a little bump here, a little bump there, bumps everywhere!

I haven't done anything really. I reused that middle platform building from hydro generators and modeled a very small amount of snow around it..

Halo CE General Discussion » Chains Revised Holiday Contest Nov 29, 2008 12:26 AM (Total replies: 159)

I want to enter this.. add my name to that list.

Halo CE General Discussion » More campaign? Oct 29, 2008 02:59 PM (Total replies: 30)

Quote: --- Original message by: drillinstructor
someone not important, Nexus Halo: Egg here means that if he named a level a20, would it load after a10, like a30 does on the normal campaign. He got the question from Donut.

I'm curious myself. I'm going to try it and see.

Didn't someone not important answer the question? Maps are loaded with the map_name command. I'm guessing that at the end of a10's script it says map_name a30.

Time: Sun December 8, 2019 1:11 PM 281 ms.
A Halo Maps Website