A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: no1dead
About Contact
Last Post: Nov 10, 2015 10:53 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Evolve H:O Mod, ElDorito dev

Post Statistics
no1dead has contributed to 21 posts out of 469453 total posts (0.00%) in 1,671 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Online Nov 10, 2015 10:53 PM (Total replies: 2780)

Quote: --- Original message by: no1dead

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337

-snip-

I'd be surprised if you had the logic to even code in Java.

I do thanks. Good to know that you don't have the logic to even program. Says something about both of us doesn't it.

And obviously the entire community just comes right in with the insults because insulting a project is always fine.

It also further proved my point that the majority of people here are idiots.

Quote: --- Original message by: ZhoobyKinkle
I'm disappointed to see the attitude of many of the posters on here. You should not be nit-picking over trivial parts of these replies or trying to antagonize no1dead.

I'd be surprised if you had the logic to even code in Java.

Internet superiority at it's finest.

Quote: --- Original message by: DaLode
Good programmers are capable of holding a stronger, more structured argument.
They are per definition some of the most rational people.

no1dead does not strike me as such. I assume he has a small by-role on the project. Maybe he implemented the icon.

Straight up demeaning no1dead here. This is in no way a response to his argument.

Eldewrito is a passion project made by people who really want to see a custom Halo game for PC running on a fully functional Halo 3 engine. The engine is not duct taped together or whatever someone else said earlier in the thread, the engine is from after H3:ODST and is likely from MCC considering things like its HD resolution capabilities. It has some functions such as the UI and equipment disabled. Obviously the UI has been reactivated and in the Recode project the equipment is making progress, and dual wielding works besides a small audio bug at the moment. This is really Halo 3, just with some of Sabre's minor edits to make it a F2P game.

The modding capabilities right now are like what you see in Halo 3 .map mods. I would say it even goes beyond that because we have the capabilities to import custom models and textures. The Halo 3 biped and armors have been imported and fitted to Sabre's modified armor system, and things like retextured maps and vehicles are a breeze. Tags can be duplicated to allow for entirely custom vehicles and weapons that don't modify the default ones in any way. All this progress has been made possible by people like no1dead and great modders in the community such as dany, who made the Halo 3 armors and weapons mod.

I've been playing around with what is possible with the current modding tools, and even someone like me who's fairly new to modding Halo can port over the Halo 3 Longsword's model, base map, and bump map. I turned it into an entirely seperate vehicle that works along side a pelican and phantom. The weapons and particle effects on it are easily done, I just haven't put in the time to do it yet.

Tag porting from Halo 3 is also possible right now, allowing for some pretty cool things.

Here's some pictures that give you a good idea of where modding is at right now:

https://i.imgur.com/MKfIEQe.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/WOfwvFm.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/VeCqRbx.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/73wI4cA.png
https://i.imgur.com/hyzgIdH.jpg

Credit goes to the respective mod authors.

Don't worry they're lucky that Dennis is such a lenient Admin or these people would have been banned long ago for their attitude towards others, and other things.

I'd like to add see how adding another vehicle like the longsword is possible just like that. You can do that with whatever it's just a bit more work then the CE people are used too. You'd need to make the model then import it into the game after doing that you create a vech tag and use that to create your new vehicle.

I'll make sure to stop posting on this forum and keep banning most of the idiots who come from here to the subreddit or forums.

Quote: --- Original message by: DaLode
Good programmers are capable of holding a stronger, more structured argument.
They are per definition some of the most rational people.

no1dead does not strike me as such. I assume he has a small by-role on the project. Maybe he implemented the icon.

Ha.
Edited by no1dead on Nov 10, 2015 at 10:54 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Online Nov 10, 2015 12:50 AM (Total replies: 2780)

Halo 3 mod pack is stripping crap out of the game and replacing your higher detailed models with lower detailed ones. Simple mod to me.

You want to prove you can make something we'd want over CE... GO AND DO IT. The fact is yes, we had the SAME TOOLS USED TO MAKE HALO 1 and that's why we can do so much. You can try and you try and try and try to match everything we were handed and were made by a professional team that made tools that can touch every single corner of the game. But you'll never reach it, and I would sincerely love you if you did.

I'm not going to try to go and start programing to make tools for H:O. I am not a programer, it doesn't interest me. I like sandbox and level design. You act like an idiot telling us you are capable of doing things which right now are just words, to a cynical and tested community who knows exactly what they need and what they want. The fact you get so irritated is just giving your trolls more fuel because they know how easily upset you get.

You may not know what is needed to make a worthy successor to CE, but I and most of us here sure do. Stop telling us we are wrong and start listening to what we are saying. Stop wasting your time trying to convince us what you think you are capable of, and start showing us what you are. No one here who actually uses the HEK is really impressed by simple model injections or content being back ported into your engine.

This community is more than accepting of recognizing potential and great work. Stop acting like we have a hard on for wanting ED and H:O to suck. But you have to show us something that gets our creative juices flowing and makes us want to make something in ED. Until then you have to accept we have no interest in it. If you are capable of changing our minds, then do it, and stop telling us you one day in the future can.
Edited by Masters1337 on Nov 10, 2015 at 12:19 AM

Why should we try to match a clunky editor like the ones you were given when we can make a better one? Once again you say we will never reach it where are you getting the information to throw these false accusations around?

You are a joke to talk to. You say all these things about why we will never get to the high pedestal that Halo:CE is on (newsflash not that high). Yet I just asked you to go and make the same tools we have for H:O for CE and you say you're not a programmer.

Also your community clealry isn't able to appreciate great work because if they did we wouldnt be having this conversation right now.

Well that doesn't give you a right to go talking about something that you know nothing on. Also your tools clearly needed more to them as they couldn't do everything. OpenSauce being created cause of it.

You keep saying that they know what they want and what they need. On that one reddit post you made is the only time "they" have said what they needed.

Unless you can show me other examples of people speaking up.

The only reason you guys don't get impressed at what we do and all the exciting stuff that happens to our community, is because you don't see the bigger picture. Plus you guys are too busy making Silent Cartographer for the 7th time. /s

You'll come back saying how none of my words mean anything, yeah well of you saw the bigger picture you'd know that they eventually will have something behind them.

I'm going to stop responding to this as this conversation is going nowhere. As you'll keep rehashing the same things over again.
Edited by no1dead on Nov 10, 2015 at 12:55 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Online Nov 10, 2015 12:06 AM (Total replies: 2780)

yawn yawn yawn yawn.

H: O will be fine for simple mods down the road, but nothing like we are capable of pulling off with real tools and a real development platform. Wait for the final game to be released and for ED to be merged with it and then judge its performance and potential capabilities then. But don't expect it to ever be as capable as CE.

You speak this like its fact. When in fact it's not. When we say something is impossible its because we never actually looked into it or even attempted it.

Plus simple mods doesn't really fit when you have something like the Halo 3 Mod Pack out now. And who knows there could be more games coming down the line. The point I'm trying to get to is that you should never say never, cause it can come back and bite you in the ass.

Live I've said before don't act all Master Race, because you had tools handed to you with a game handed to you also.

How bout this for a starter why don't you go and get custom maps, and all thay working on retail? How getting a Real Time Tag Editor. Or all the features of Custom Edition into CE?

If there already is custom maps for retail well I didn't know other than that. I think I've put my point across.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Online Nov 9, 2015 08:54 PM (Total replies: 2780)

Quote: --- Original message by: midnightmodders
Except for the fact that it is a leaked alpha and runs like sh_t on most hardware.

Well it only runs like crap because you have a crappy pc, it runs fine for me.

Quote: --- Original message by: Ki11erFTW

It is the Halo 3 engine, the hacked together piece of crap part is the stuff that's held on by glue & duct tape on top of it.
Edited by Ki11erFTW on Nov 5, 2015 at 07:08 PM
Edited by Ki11erFTW on Nov 5, 2015 at 07:09 PM

Nope.

Quote: --- Original message by: beaucephal
I was under the impression that the pilotable Longsword was super-unstable and likely to crash the game client. Still, it's fascinating to see the amount of mods that have sprung up so quickly from this.

The optimist in me hopes that given time, things like Halo 3's BSP injector and scripted AI will work properly, paving the way for a proper platform to mod on.

The pessimist in me feels that it will probably turn into a rabid storm of "WE WANT HALO 3 MULTIPLAYER ON PC NOWWWWWW" and screw everything else.

That only happens if it's imported wrong.

Halo CE General Discussion » Can you guys keep this community inline? Nov 9, 2015 07:22 PM (Total replies: 25)

Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
Fun fact, you all are idiots seeing as you cant even spell my name right. As another thing i dont have a reddit account nor do i care for one. There are only two members of the contingency team who actually have reddit accounts and use them (figure out who). That being said you're suffering at the hands of your own "community's" stupidity.

Real question is why would someone try impersonating you?

Halo CE General Discussion » Can you guys keep this community inline? Nov 9, 2015 07:13 PM (Total replies: 25)

Quote: --- Original message by: EtchyaSketch
I don't know if you're the real no1dead but, we have the same issues flip flopped over here too.
Most of us have assumed its 1 or a few people trying to stir the pot. We're sorry that you're having to deal with it, but know that this forum has seen similarly annoying posts from people claiming to be part of the H:O community as well.

Yeah I am the real no1dead, but just ban these guys. We talked to reddit to get them removed completely from it. Simply its stupid and its honestly just embarrassing the people doing it.

Quote: --- Original message by: monkeyking
Good job on R39 sniper and Masterz177 taking those Eldorito faggots out

>mfw you, and your friends were the guys spamming.
Edited by no1dead on Nov 9, 2015 at 07:15 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Can you guys keep this community inline? Nov 9, 2015 06:49 PM (Total replies: 25)

I don't know if this is the real guys or anything, but some idiot is spamming our subreddit.

Maybe r39 or an impersonator. But seriously it's childish and not needed.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Online Apr 26, 2015 08:07 PM (Total replies: 2780)

Quote: --- Original message by: Caesar
Contingency is all bull no offense.

Our 40+GB of data would tell you to shut the hell up.

Where is it. Oh wait nobody other than the people working on it can see it. Add to that Installation 01, and Glassed from my quick search are not released either. Seriously games which aren't even out yet in any forum are not by a long shot valid points on why Halo Online we should argue about the quality of Halo Online.

That's like me saying GTA V is crap because of the 3 fan made games are better.

Adding to my first point the post portrays Halo Online as a hacky car, and the 3 indie games as a concept car are literally what it is, no amount of videos or "gameplay" will are going to prove to me that is how the game will be when it comes out.

Look at Watch_Dogs that was not the same as its gameplay footage from E3 or Destiny same with that. You could have made those (meaning the gameplay videos for the 3 Halo Games) videos as CGI not saying you did, but it is definitely possible.

Halo Online is in our hands Project Contingency, Installation 01, and Glassed I can't play them right now, and neither can alot of other people so they don't matter to this conversation, you could have the high-res assets to Halo 3/4/5 and if I can't see or download them then I can't believe you.

What you say is off of your word, there's actual downloadable files for Halo Online that anyone can access.

I wasn't making a reference to halo online in that specific quote (which I guess makes it a bit offtopic but eh?), but at the same point realistically, Halo online isn't released either. There's a leaked version of it out, yes, as well as the closed alpha, but it isn't released.

As for the hacky car, look at the content that's actually in the game as is right now. Its a amalgamation of content from a bunch of different halo games tossed into the halo 3 engine, and quite frankly it looks really out of place. That analogy is pretty spot on if you ask me. However you're right about the concept car, because until gameplay is shown, you don't even have anything past concept.

I'll probably concede to the whole watch_dogs/destiny bit, as I wasn't really paying attention to either during their dev cycle.

To the last two segments, the difference I was continually making is that I refer to the retail version. Also, in my example, ShadowSpartan still to this day hasn't released his tools and/or results of the tools. He has, however, shown off that he can do these things (along with CAD). I01 is being worked on and showing content being made, Contingency is doing the same, though im not sure what glassed is doing. You're also pulling a point that im bringing to somebody else and trying to input it as if it was correlated to your own argument, which its not. Following your logic, that entire line of conversation is completely irrelevant.

I don't know what tools ShadowSpartan hasn't released and honestly my point really didn't make sense so I'll concede to that too.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Online Apr 26, 2015 04:58 AM (Total replies: 2780)

Quote: --- Original message by: Caesar
Contingency is all bull no offense.

Our 40+GB of data would tell you to shut the hell up.

Where is it. Oh wait nobody other than the people working on it can see it. Add to that Installation 01, and Glassed from my quick search are not released either. Seriously games which aren't even out yet in any forum are not by a long shot valid points on why Halo Online we should argue about the quality of Halo Online.

That's like me saying GTA V is crap because of the 3 fan made games are better.

Adding to my first point the post portrays Halo Online as a hacky car, and the 3 indie games as a concept car are literally what it is, no amount of videos or "gameplay" will are going to prove to me that is how the game will be when it comes out.

Look at Watch_Dogs that was not the same as its gameplay footage from E3 or Destiny same with that. You could have made those (meaning the gameplay videos for the 3 Halo Games) videos as CGI not saying you did, but it is definitely possible.

Halo Online is in our hands Project Contingency, Installation 01, and Glassed I can't play them right now, and neither can alot of other people so they don't matter to this conversation, you could have the high-res assets to Halo 3/4/5 and if I can't see or download them then I can't believe you.

What you say is off of your word, there's actual downloadable files for Halo Online that anyone can access.
Edited by no1dead on Apr 26, 2015 at 05:01 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Online Apr 26, 2015 04:25 AM (Total replies: 2780)

Yes let me clarify, we aren't stealing anything from them technically it is a free game afterall so I don't know how you'd be able to pirate something free.

But nobody wants to combat that so everyone will follow M$'s DCMA claims and all that.

I'd also like to add _emoose_ is definitely not a troll, the other emoose is definitely a troll.

Edited by no1dead on Apr 26, 2015 at 04:57 AM
Edited by no1dead on Apr 26, 2015 at 04:58 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Online Apr 26, 2015 03:36 AM (Total replies: 2780)

Quote: --- Original message by: yampysoze-snip-

And back to halo online.
1. Has Forge but no variant saving, have fun with that. Also forge isn't inherent to the game from what I recall, they had to unlock it first.
2. Elites are in the game already (via tags and whatnot). Is that supposed to prove something? You still don't know how they'll be operating.
3. Give me a source of proof from Sabre and/or Innova that says that firefight is going to be included. Don't have one? thought so.
4. Yes clearly. Its buggy as all hell considering that hackers currently have it barely pieced together, and its illegal for you to have it outside of the closed alpha. Getting sued must feel great!

Edited by R93_Sniper on Apr 25, 2015 at 11:18 PM

Well hate to break it to you but Forge actually does have saving support and one of us found a very hackish way of getting it to work. We also didn't "unlock it" the build we have is more Halo 3 than Halo Online, the ZAT (Alpha Test) build is 10mb less then ours.

Elites are in the game they don't replace the game mechanics, your counter-arguement doesn't make any sense. Elites are just a player model switch.

Firefight HUD was in the game so that won't be in the game from what it seems.

So all your points get thrown out just like that, what are we hacking? Modding is more fitting, we aren't doing something like this.

http://i.imgur.com/GPVVXF4.gif

Besides the point, we have a pretty good bunch put together. Much more than the public eye, so please refrain from posting false statements. No it's illegal to share its free not really something you can pirate, and plus for what and how are we going to get sued?
Edited by no1dead on Apr 26, 2015 at 03:39 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Online Apr 26, 2015 02:58 AM (Total replies: 2780)

Quote: --- Original message by: darkc0de
Quote: --- Original message by: OrangeJuice

cameo

I find it odd how they just keep adding easily crackable encryption to their games to try to stop the modding instead of finding it wise to simply do away with the proven-primitive .map system itself
Edited by OrangeJuice on Apr 25, 2015 at 11:13 AM

>crackable encryption

There's no encryption at all in Halo Online.

Lol, wat.

Crackable encryption thats not even. wat.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Online Apr 23, 2015 08:39 PM (Total replies: 2780)

How about we strike a deal?

You tell me your name, and stop taking our words out of context and I won't kick you.

Quote: --- Original message by: SpartanHex
Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77
Quote: --- Original message by: SpartanHex
Album Link: http://imgur.com/a/EWgYf

Aha, thanks. A bit confused as to why the barrels appear to be sealed at the end, but an interesting piece nonetheless. How many projectiles does it fire per trigger pull?

Also, based on the reaction these images invoked, I feel like you should post more.

Uploading a video showing off the gun, should be easier to see how the weapon works, and that model its probably a wip, i think they will change the end of the gun later. Its the only dmg variant weapon of the game that kept its zoom, but it was reduced to 1.2x zoom.

I'm pretty sure we can dump the model for the carbine?
Edited by no1dead on Apr 23, 2015 at 08:40 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Online Apr 23, 2015 08:28 PM (Total replies: 2780)

Quote: --- Original message by: reachfan
Stay on topic bud.

Also You literally wouldn't do anything to Bivi.
I am in IRC chat dude. You guys are talking about killzone64. Just leave him alone.

I don't care if you're in IRC, most of the gossip we push around is all fun and games and you take it all out of context.

Seriously nothing in that public channel is taken seriously. You literally are the only one who is trying to seperate the Halo CE/Online community apart.

I can you just stop going on the channel? It will make everything for all of us much much better.

Halo Custom Edition will never budge, it's got it's place and thats not changing any time soon at all.
Edited by no1dead on Apr 23, 2015 at 08:35 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Online Apr 23, 2015 08:11 PM (Total replies: 2780)

Stay on topic bud.

Also You literally wouldn't do anything to Bivi.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Online Apr 21, 2015 09:53 AM (Total replies: 2780)

Dennis can you tempban reachfan?

I know you probably are not going to be doing that, just he's pulling random crap out of his ass since all his accusations have nothing behind them, its not us pulling the Halo Online/ Halo CE community apart.

Its people like him, we literally haven't comment about you guys or Halo CE and he pulls some random crap that we did, Like seriously reachfan you need to calm down and think of what you're saying it doesn't make any sense.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Online Apr 20, 2015 08:48 PM (Total replies: 2780)

Quote: --- Original message by: SilentBlade
I just wish Halo Online never existed that's all.

I agree man. I remember the olden days we discuss halo ce a lot.

The person who we should blame is gamecheat13 because he is the one leaked the game and modding it and it affected on halo ce badly and now we can't go back NEVER.

Those olden days are gone now....

This actually never happened, it was someone on 4Chan who wasnt gamecheat13.

Please you literally have no clue what you're talking about.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Online Apr 20, 2015 08:39 PM (Total replies: 2780)

No1dead, darkcode, you, Choasvex, gamecheat13, Emoose, swarm, wormsbot, zed if your reading this we will be coming to you and we will give you war and we will chop your heads and fingers and put you into your history trash bins. Don't go against Halo ce players. You guys stepping into our space and damaging our system. Now it's going to be our time to wipe out your HO and take it down and Microsoft will be support us more against your evil crime you guys doing to the game.

Qmarchi you dirty piss head dog. Were coming after you and ur dirty friends. We will get Microsoft to banned IRC.
Edited by reachfan on Apr 20, 2015 at 08:34 PM

Holy mother of god, you're INSANE HELP ME GUYS THIS MAN IS GONNA HURT ME.

MOMMMM!

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Online Apr 20, 2015 08:31 PM (Total replies: 2780)

Quote: --- Original message by: KF7ZSE
Quote: --- Original message by: Dokbot
Quote: --- Original message by: KF7ZSE

Well then you'll be banned from the entire GameSurge network then, I don't know whats wrong with you but you're just on the slight side of 'gifted'.

I really hope the Halo Maps admins ban you for raiding.

Seriously are you seriously that dense? Like we haven't said anything along those lines, you're just pulling crap out of your empty head.

Why should the halo CE fans be attacked by the HO fanatics!?!
They are the ones harassing us! They should be the ones who should be banned!
Edited by KF7ZSE on Apr 20, 2015 at 08:20 PM

Please tell me your joking.

I'm not. why should people who enjoy a game get crap shoved down there throat so they will join another game...not a good way to make friends.

I really hope you and reachfan, are joking.

If not well good luck in life, because clearly you 2 are trying to start a crap storm and be a part of the whole Halo Online thing except that's not how it works you have to actually be productive and helpful to the community to do that. Even better I don't know where your arguement is coming from we don't even have a map editor so your claim of us trying to get you guys modding Halo is in every way wrong.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Online Apr 20, 2015 08:15 PM (Total replies: 2780)

Well then you'll be banned from the entire GameSurge network then, I don't know whats wrong with you but you're just on the slight side of 'gifted'.

I really hope the Halo Maps admins ban you for raiding.

Seriously are you seriously that dense? Like we haven't said anything along those lines, you're just pulling crap out of your empty head.

Time: Fri November 15, 2019 7:11 PM 188 ms.
A Halo Maps Website