A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: stormray73
About Contact
Last Post: May 1, 2015 05:03 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
stormray73 has contributed to 19 posts out of 469343 total posts (0.00%) in 1,609 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » SPV2 B40 Help/ SPV2 D40 Help. May 1, 2015 05:03 PM (Total replies: 25)

Ok. I was curious because I was able to download an installer and buy my friends old key and have it work for halo pc/ce. thanks.

Halo CE General Discussion » SPV2 B40 Help/ SPV2 D40 Help. May 1, 2015 04:54 PM (Total replies: 25)

Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
Quote: --- Original message by: stormray73
I'm curious, does anyone have/know a download link for halo 2 that would be compatible with windows 8?

try here

Download please.

Halo CE General Discussion » SPV2 B40 Help/ SPV2 D40 Help. Apr 30, 2015 07:34 PM (Total replies: 25)

I'm curious, does anyone have/know a download link for halo 2 that would be compatible with windows 8?

Halo CE General Discussion » SPV2 B40 Help/ SPV2 D40 Help. Apr 30, 2015 07:27 PM (Total replies: 25)

Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812
not true, They disbanded in 2009, and came back somewhere around 2010 or 2011.

Either or. we can quibble about dates at a later time. Right now, I've had my question answered, thank you very much. I'm gonna download open sauce and try out TSCE asap.

Halo CE General Discussion » SPV2 B40 Help/ SPV2 D40 Help. Apr 30, 2015 07:20 PM (Total replies: 25)

Quote: --- Original message by: EtchyaSketch

TSCE is out and SPV3 will release later this year.

After doing research i found that they teamed up in 2014, but i've seen none of their work. I'll believe you when they release it.

You're either incompetent or lazy.
Its hard to believe you did any "research" when the TSC:E release thread is literally only 1 page back.
http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=47823&start=1

My "Research" involved looking for SPV3 not TSC:E. I'm primarily concerned with b40 right now.

Not to mention
Quote: they teamed up in 2014

Is just straight up not true.
Edited by EtchyaSketch on Apr 30, 2015 at 06:20 PM
Edited by EtchyaSketch on Apr 30, 2015 at 06:21 PM

They re-teamed. They dibanded in 2012 and joined back up in 2014.

Halo CE General Discussion » SPV2 B40 Help/ SPV2 D40 Help. Apr 30, 2015 10:01 AM (Total replies: 25)

TSCE is out and SPV3 will release later this year.

After doing research i found that they teamed up in 2014, but i've seen none of their work. I'll believe you when they release it.

Halo CE General Discussion » SPV2 B40 Help/ SPV2 D40 Help. Apr 29, 2015 08:46 PM (Total replies: 25)

It seems like CMT has no follow through on their projects. *Sigh* Thanks for your help guys.

Halo CE General Discussion » SPV2 B40 Help/ SPV2 D40 Help. Apr 29, 2015 07:55 PM (Total replies: 25)

Quote: --- Original message by: Ubermaniac
I believe there is some devconsole command.

Found the command... it's switch_bsp however, i've run into an area of the map, where the terrain no longer generates, but is not fixed by the above commands. Any ideas?

Halo CE General Discussion » SPV2 B40 Help/ SPV2 D40 Help. Apr 29, 2015 07:30 PM (Total replies: 25)

So do you know of a way to bypass that grey wall that you get in b40 and d40? I can't figure out how to pass it.

Halo CE General Discussion » SPV2 B40 Help/ SPV2 D40 Help. Apr 29, 2015 06:14 PM (Total replies: 25)

I've been looking for fixes for the blank grey wall that you run into in these maps and have come up with zilch. I've seen some stuff about SPV3, but I cannot find anything other than Truth and Reconciliation. Has CMT finished with SPV3 or have they disbanded again? Either way, is there a way to fix this (I've tried with the switch_bsp command and all it does is turn everything blank)

Many thanks for tolerating my halo noobishness.

Storm

Therein lies why I wish to play LAN games with the dedicated server. I'm going to try to run the dedicated server off of my PC emulator on my mac. Hopefully it will work.

Yup. That and I want to be able to skip maps (again, not a feature of the client game)

Quote: --- Original message by: RadWolfie

The recommendation is to not run a client on the same PC as the dedicated server since the client has it's own server anyway. It is redundant. Start the client host a game and then just leave HaloCE running and minimize it if you are not playing.

I want to be able to run several maps in sequence, as well as having the sv_mapcycle commands. You do not have that option with the client games (I tried)
Edited by stormray73 on Apr 26, 2015 at 12:43 AM

Running multiple instances of the Server
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?nid=317

Keep in mind that when you start a client it essentially locks all the ports for it's own server. Each client has it's own server so you can host a game. So if you run the dedicated server on the same machine as the client then you have to treat the dedicated server as if it was a second instance and configure it as such.

Edited by Dennis on Apr 25, 2015 at 05:45 PM

Should I put this into the target (like adding console) or should I run this in command line?

1) Reason for wanting to run dedicated server for LAN is this: I want to use the full features of a halo dedicated server (so i have the map cycle option etc) while playing at home with my brothers, but not using data by connecting to the internet. (I can explain this more if you need)

2) Can you explain the -port/-cport thing a little bit more?

3) My network is set to home (cause it's at home)

4) Just out of curiosity, would I be able run this off of like a website server? (I'm just thinking outside the box...)

Thanks for your continued feedback in my noobishness (I only just started playing Halo CE)

Quote: --- Original message by: SS Flanker

Quote: --- Original message by: raffgie
You should also change your client port in the settings of your game profile.

Edited by SS Flanker on Apr 23, 2015 at 10:19 AM

Ok... so I've done everything you guys have said.

Server Port: 2302
Client Port: 2304

Init.txt file:

sv_name "Shotguns Forever"
sv_public false
sv_maxplayers 16
sv_mapcycle_timeout 5
map_cycle_add beavercreek "Shottie Slay"
map_cycle_add bloodgulch "Shottie CTF"
map_cycle_add derelict "Shottie Slay"
map_cycle_add timberland "Rocket King"
map_cycle_add damnation "Shottie CTF"
map_cycle_add prisoner "Shottie Slay"
map_cycle_add extinction "Shottie CTF"

Ip i put in client: localhost

what am I doing wrong? I couldn't join the server.

In the init.txt put 'sv_public false'. You should also change your client port in the settings of your game profile.

I shouldn't use 2303?

You shouldn't if you are using default ports on your dedicated server. You can change 2303 to 2304 or pretty much whatever port you want that is open.
Edited by raffgie on Apr 22, 2015 at 04:39 PM

So how exactly do I do this?

In the init.txt put 'sv_public false'. You should also change your client port in the settings of your game profile.

What exactly do you mean by this? I shouldn't use 2303?

So I would like to use the features of the dedicated server, but my internet plan is to small for me to be able to do port forwarding ('cause it will suck data like there's no tomorrow) so I was wondering if

1) Dedicated servers can be ran as a LAN server

2) Do I require another computer to be able to join my own server?

Many thanks,

Storm

Time: Sun September 15, 2019 6:45 AM 234 ms.
A Halo Maps Website