A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Madison
About Contact
Last Post: May 6, 2015 01:02 PM
Interests: Modding my CE maps
Your Age: 15
What Games do you play: Halo

Post Statistics
Madison has contributed to 8 posts out of 469376 total posts (0.00%) in 1,632 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Basic Modding May 6, 2015 01:02 PM (Total replies: 19)

Thanks bro its downloading, and is there a ranking system on here that i can help you increase by confirming you have helped tremendously?

Halo CE General Discussion » Basic Modding May 6, 2015 12:44 PM (Total replies: 19)

Yeah but the way i mod mine is just normal equipment which doesnt need players to download the map, it was working for a few days until i re-modded it and now i keep getting these errors, A lot of clans have bloodgulch heavily modded and we dont have to download it to play in the server
and the downloads on your cloud storage isn't moving at all(the progress bar stays the same), is an account required to download?

Halo CE General Discussion » Basic Modding May 6, 2015 12:34 PM (Total replies: 19)

Thanks for the video bro, its downloading and when i execute the
tool build-cache-file levels\test\bloodgluch\bg command it will create a map called bg.map right?
but i need it to be called bloodgulch so players will be able to join and dont get a message that they do not have the map since it will be called bg
and if i manually rename bg to bloodgulch then the server doesnt read it

Halo CE General Discussion » Basic Modding May 6, 2015 11:47 AM (Total replies: 19)

Now i keep getting "Unable to join the server" message ingame.
I modded the bloodgulch.scenario file and saved it and it worked fine but now(few days later) i keep trying to do the same with fresh copies or normal halo files and normal tags and i get that error.
Then i opened the bloodgulch.scenario file in sapien, edit and saved it with a different name
and the way i understand it is that "tool build-cache-file levels\test\bloodgulch\bloodgulch"
that command creates the mapfile with the specified .scenario file compiled but say my .scenario file is called bg.scenario and i want it to be "bloodgulch" map when i compile it, how would i go about doing so?
because lastnight i compiled a bg.scenario file and uploaded it to the server as bg.map and it works fine but if the file name is "bloodgulch.scenario" and its compiled and uploaded to the server as a bloogculch.map it gives me the unable to join message, idk what to do to make the bg.scenario compile as the name "bloodgulch.scenario"
NO VEHICLES MODDING WAS DONE, ONLY EQUIPMENT FROM THE GAME DATA SAPIEN TAB(which is the correct way to add equipment to a multiplayer server)
I dont even know if what i said above is the problem :( help anyone?
Edited by Madison on May 6, 2015 at 11:54 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Basic Modding Apr 30, 2015 08:52 AM (Total replies: 19)

sighs, UGGHHH well firstly your tags work fine but after i open the bloodgulch.scenario file in sapien, i add a weapon to the map and saved it, then i rebuild my map with tool.exe but then i exited everything and went ingame and there were no changes, i went back to sapien and tried to open bloodgulch.scenario and sapien exits, i have a headache, im about 10seconds from screaming and telling sapien off :(

Halo CE General Discussion » Basic Modding Apr 30, 2015 12:51 AM (Total replies: 19)

Well i used HEK plus to open bloodgulch as seen here:
http://prntscr.com/6zslhw, those are the only folders and stuff that is displayed after opening bloodgulch in HEK+
Idk if i am doing it correctly, but the tags are to be extracted before i can open the bloodgulch.scenario file with sapien.
After that, i uncheck the save extracted tag list (i have no idea what to save it as or what extension to use if i keep the "Save Extracted Tag list" checked and it prompts for filename to save as)
so i leave it unchecked, then i extract and open sapien, after sapien is open i navigate to the tags folder where the levels are and select bloodgulch.scenario when i hover my mouse over the file it says 0kb why is it 0kb? i did do an extraction and the file was created and located C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition\tags\levels\test\bloodgulch
anyways after i try to open it with sapien it exits, the debug.txt file shows some errors
here: http://prntscr.com/6zsnnf

Halo CE General Discussion » Basic Modding Apr 29, 2015 05:15 PM (Total replies: 19)

i extracted all the files e.g. camera,characters,effects,global,scenery,sky etc using HEK plus and then i attempted to open the bloodgulch.scenario file and sapien just exits after a few seconds within loading
Invader Veex and R93_Sniper i really need to get this done by today i will be offline soon :( is there a way we an do instant messaging
Edited by Madison on Apr 29, 2015 at 05:15 PM
Edited by Madison on Apr 29, 2015 at 05:19 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Basic Modding Apr 29, 2015 04:29 PM (Total replies: 19)

Hello guys i am trying to accomplish the task of simply adding more things to my haloce bloodgulch map thats all, more copies of a specified gun, overshield, teleport, camouflage and such things
this is my first time modding a Halo CE map, i am pretty experienced with sparkedit and HHT which seems to be easy to use but those are for Halo PC map modding, i am trying to use HEK for halo ce map modding but idk what the HEK i am doing, it seems really complicated and i cannot figure it out, what easier softwares are out there to do such simple taks i listed above?

Time: Wed October 16, 2019 11:58 AM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website