A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Microsoft Sam
About Contact
Last Post: May 21, 2016 01:12 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
Microsoft Sam has contributed to 28 posts out of 469343 total posts (.01%) in 1,511 days (.02 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] SOI's SIngleplayer Adventure May 21, 2016 01:12 PM (Total replies: 246)

I had two issues so far. The marines can melee you in the back, killing you. On the level Halo, entering the warthog right after activating the first door in the cave causes an exception.

Edit: It causes an exception even if you're not in the warthog.
Edited by Microsoft Sam on May 21, 2016 at 01:30 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » HAC 2 Chat Font Glitch? Jan 17, 2016 06:25 PM (Total replies: 5)

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314

Okay I think I've confused myself here and referred to haloreach.zip as a font thing instead of a medal thing.
Still, I guess it wouldn't hurt to try.

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1667/24137533150_b9ec79781b_o.jpg
I had to create the packs folder myself.
This is probably the only thing I've done to get reach medals and (possibly?) font.
http://blog.haloanticheat.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/haloreach.zip
Edited by Spartan314 on Jan 17, 2016 at 05:02 AM
I already use that.

Halo CE General Discussion » HAC 2 Chat Font Glitch? Jan 17, 2016 12:42 AM (Total replies: 5)

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
What are you asking?
Are you wanting to use the Reach font?
If so, did you put the Reach font .zip file in the correct directory?
Yes. No, I don't have a Reach font.zip.

Halo CE General Discussion » HAC 2 Chat Font Glitch? Jan 16, 2016 09:14 PM (Total replies: 5)

When I use the custom chat in HAC 2 the font is arial, but when I check videos of other people using it, it has the Reach font. I'm using Windows 10.
http://imgur.com/IlZyucO (Reach)
http://imgur.com/RoVHgeD (Arial)
Edited by Microsoft Sam on Jan 16, 2016 at 09:15 PM
Edited by Microsoft Sam on Jan 16, 2016 at 09:16 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » field of view for 4:3 monitors Jan 14, 2016 10:17 PM (Total replies: 41)

^

Halo CE General Discussion » Open Sauce Won't Install On Windows 10 Jan 7, 2016 11:06 PM (Total replies: 35)

Quote: --- Original message by: SOI_7
OS runs fine on my W10, and I have upgraded to the 1511 version as well without issues. I remember OS gives problems if you don't have the latest version of Microsoft NET Framework. Everything from the version 3.5 and above should work fine
It worked!

Halo CE General Discussion » Open Sauce Won't Install On Windows 10 Jan 7, 2016 08:20 PM (Total replies: 35)

Quote: --- Original message by: SOI_7
OS runs fine on my W10, and I have upgraded to the 1511 version as well without issues. I remember OS gives problems if you don't have the latest version of Microsoft NET Framework. Everything from the version 3.5 and above should work fine
We're talking about the actual installation process.

Halo CE General Discussion » Open Sauce Won't Install On Windows 10 Jan 6, 2016 09:54 PM (Total replies: 35)

Quote: --- Original message by: Jesse

Basically, the title.

I (think) i've tried running it as administrator, but that didn't work. The installer seems to go through but at the very end it stops and says it was not able to complete. Any ideas?

I would need it to use the SPV3 maps for testing the hud at 2650 x 1600 on my mac.
Edited by Jesse on Jan 6, 2016 at 06:48 PM
I'm having the same problem too. It worked on the previous build of Windows 10 but it doesn't work on Version 1511 (November Update.)

Halo CE General Discussion » Installation 01 (Halo Fan Game) Thread Jan 3, 2016 09:58 PM (Total replies: 494)

Quote: --- Original message by: DarkHalo003
Quote: --- Original message by: Microsoft Sam
What does Installation 01 have to do with Installation 01?

I was thinking this as well. I think once your project leaves Pre-Alpha, a more suitable/relevant name needs to be given.

Also, for future trailers/teasers, never use "The Ultimate Halo Fan Tribute" as the trailer winds up. It's sophomoric and really cheesy (not in the good way either). Humble words would do better, at least until you're out of Beta.

It looks cool! I wish I knew Unity to help out, but sadly I am not versed at all.
"Your?"

Halo CE General Discussion » Installation 01 (Halo Fan Game) Thread Jan 2, 2016 11:16 PM (Total replies: 494)

What does Installation 01 have to do with Installation 01?

Halo CE General Discussion » Updated Universal UI project. Dec 16, 2015 09:50 PM (Total replies: 31)

Is it this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn-aZ2QH7BI

Halo CE General Discussion » Fail/Funny Montage MUST SEE <3 Dec 12, 2015 08:39 PM (Total replies: 65)

Quote: --- Original message by: bandinada5
Quote: --- Original message by: SBB_Michelle

Quote: --- Original message by: Kinnet

Quote: --- Original message by: mihirgates
Quote: --- Original message by: Lateksi
Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator
Quote: --- Original message by: TheHaloKnight
Quote: --- Original message by: Kinnet
Quote: --- Original message by: TheMegajd16
Quote: --- Original message by: PopeAK49
Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator
Quote: --- Original message by: ScarFOx
lol

lol

lol

lol

lol

lol

lol

lmao
Edited by Kinnet on Dec 12, 2015 at 09:03 AM

lol
Edited by SBB_Michelle on Dec 12, 2015 at 07:37 PM

lol
lol

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 5 first 3 missions Oct 17, 2015 05:11 PM (Total replies: 6)

What about mission 8?

Halo CE General Discussion » An Aesthetics question. Oct 9, 2015 10:14 PM (Total replies: 42)

Reach

One of the only reasons I kept playing Halo Reach was for the armor. It makes sense how Halo 4's armor looks more futuristic but it looks horrible and over-complicated so Reach.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Oct 3, 2015 07:43 PM (Total replies: 11478)

Replace the asteroids with Threshold.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 5 - Sanghelios campaign gameplay Sep 20, 2015 08:18 PM (Total replies: 208)

Quote: --- Original message by: xnx
You put up a really compelling argument.

Nice sarcasm. I don't have a big issue with the destructible walls but I just feel that it's unnecessary. You're just charging through a wall to get an alternate route. I like something more complicated and rewarding, but if other people find it as a nice feature. Then I shouldn't complain if 343 adds it.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 5 - Sanghelios campaign gameplay Sep 20, 2015 07:32 PM (Total replies: 208)

Quote: --- Original message by: xnx
I don't even know why you guys are calling it a gimmick. It's a melee charge which you have to aim, which can only be used after sprinting for several seconds. It's main purpose is to be an additional offensive attack which varies from melee because it a) needs to be charged, b) has more range and c) you thrust forward and lose your ability to move for a split second. And oh Jesus, they tried to incorporate the feature more into the sandbox by having certain destructible walls (cough, CE) which more than likely can also be destroyed by explosives and gunfire. This rewards the clever player by introducing alternate routes in an encounter which were previously inaccessible unless you keep a watchful eye on your environment.

Is it called a gimmick simply because it's a new gameplay element introduced into the oh so pristine and flawless Halo franchise?

I'm not complaining about that. I just think that the destructible walls seem unnecessary. It's my opinion and preference that it shouldn't even be in the game.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 5 - Sanghelios campaign gameplay Sep 20, 2015 12:42 AM (Total replies: 208)

There's obviously a difference in "logic" and "ridiculousness". Smashing through rocks, yeah, thats a little bit more the latter IMO. I mean if it's cool and adds something nice to the gameplay then sure, but if its just going to be a wierd gimmick then you might as well cut it. You want the meat in gameplay, not fat. This is fat.
Yeah, the feature is unnecessary. I guess that 343 is trying to make Halo 5 appeal to people who like interactive environments with this gimmick.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 5 - Sanghelios campaign gameplay Sep 16, 2015 09:56 PM (Total replies: 208)

Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
In terms of level design, it looked alright. Like DarkHalo pointed out, it definitely is a section reminiscent of the In Amber Clad area from Delta Halo. That being said, it looked quite chaotic, a lot like a lot of other encounters we've been seing from recent Halo games. It's harder to say though without actually playing it.

On the topic of rock smashing, it was definitely gimmicky, but I did think it at least looked cool. However it does pose the question... how the hell do the spartans get enough velocity to smash through the rocks? You'd think they'd just die from that considering a rocket launcher projectile head on is enough to kill them too. gg halo

Why are you questioning the logic of gameplay? If the game kept everything accurate, then multiplayer would be Sonic The Hedgehog with guns.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 5 - Sanghelios campaign gameplay Sep 14, 2015 06:44 PM (Total replies: 208)

Players are probably going to spend some time charging into random objects expecting them to break on release.

Time: Sun September 15, 2019 1:51 PM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website