A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: TK421
About Contact
Last Post: Apr 23, 2019 07:20 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
TK421 has contributed to 16 posts out of 469380 total posts (0.00%) in 1,524 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » OS tool lying about tag space Apr 23, 2019 07:20 AM (Total replies: 7)

Like I said its it occurs on large BSPs. The maps can sometimes load but when switching to a large BSP the game will exception. So I stripped all unit dialogue from the map to free up tag space and nothing changed. It still exceptioned. Then I removed one biped tag and it worked. Is it possible it has something to do with model data?

Halo CE General Discussion » OS tool lying about tag space Apr 22, 2019 10:14 PM (Total replies: 7)

At first it was the zteam battle rife which worked fine in other maps. Since then it has been cmt brutes, scenery tags even vanilla vehicle tags. It seems like I'm limited to how many I can have in the map. It seems to happen coincidentally with large bsps.

Halo CE General Discussion » OS tool lying about tag space Apr 22, 2019 09:24 PM (Total replies: 7)

I seemed to have ran into an issue with open sauce tool. It compiles .yelo maps fine and says there's free tag space but when I play the map, depending on the BSP, the game exceptions. I'm assuming it is due to tag space because removing tags from the scenario seems to fix the problem. Is there a way to fix the issue without removing tags?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Issue with open sauce exception error Apr 3, 2019 07:14 PM (Total replies: 0)

I have ran into an issue when trying to load an sp .yelo map I'm working on. I can edit the scenario in sapien perfectly and compile the .yelo without any issue but the map will exception when I try to load it. After trying to fix the problem, I've found out that the issue is not due to any particular tag but the amount of tags I'm adding to the map yet it is within the filesize limit and I'm not getting the "no more free tag slots" error.This has persisted to other maps I'm working on and the only common thing is the maps large bsps

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] SOI's Tag dump Jan 11, 2016 02:44 AM (Total replies: 1142)

Any updates? It's been a while.

Halo CE General Discussion » [SP]The Flood: Forgotten Exile Dec 22, 2015 09:49 PM (Total replies: 252)

Quote: --- Original message by: cippozzo
UP UP I wanna play this campaing

Deader than dead

Halo CE General Discussion » Making my first modded campagin lel Dec 15, 2015 09:02 PM (Total replies: 26)

To save tag space, use a consistent tag set. Bitmaps and sounds also take up quite a bit of space. You can increase the limit if you use open sauce. Also battle rifle.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » A30 script problems Nov 16, 2015 08:53 PM (Total replies: 6)

On this site, search for zteam campaign scripts in the downloads section. I don't know if the cmt ones are the vanilla scripts. The zteam pack contains the original scenarios as well as scripts, so make sure you don't overwrite your edited a30 scenario.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » A30 script problems Nov 16, 2015 08:45 PM (Total replies: 6)

When you edited the scenario, did you change any scripts as well? If not, download the scripts from this site, and replace the one you currently have. Then open sapien and hit ctrl+c to recompile the scripts. If that still doesn't work then open the scenario in guerrilla and scrole down to the script references and delete them. Then reopen a30 in sapien and try to recompile the scripts again. That's all I can really think of.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » A30 script problems Nov 16, 2015 08:25 PM (Total replies: 6)

Umm... add another ) to the end of that line and try to recompile the map. HSC Scripts use parenthesis. Just remember to match every ( with )

I'll elaborate. Open the a30 script located in data/levels/a30/scripts with notepad. If you don't have the campaign scripts, you can download them from this site and then create that directory. Search for the line that's causing the error and add the extra right parenthesis.
Edited by TK421 on Nov 16, 2015 at 08:29 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Suicidal AI & Marines running out of ammo Nov 16, 2015 08:15 PM (Total replies: 8)

I'm away from my PC at the current time so I'm unable to try this out. As far as I'm aware, once an AI platoon with a single actor goes into the defensive state, it will stay there. However I think there is a script to set/change the AI's state. Assuming you have a basic understanding of scripting, have a look at the AI related scripts. Also try messing about with squad migration by creating additional squads with different firing positions and behaviours (guarding, searching ect) in the same encounter as the elite. Leave the actor count to 0 and don't place any starting positions. Then check the automatic migration box is on in all the encounters. This means your elite ai will migrate between squads and change its state and firing positions, in theory.

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] SOI's Tag dump Nov 14, 2015 03:57 PM (Total replies: 1142)

Hows progress going?

Halo CE General Discussion » Suicidal AI & Marines running out of ammo Nov 14, 2015 03:53 PM (Total replies: 8)

For whatever reason, AI run out of ammo in multiplayer maps when given default weapons. I don't know too much about this as I haven't really messed about with AI in a multiplayer map, however editing the AI's weapon tag to using 0 rounds per shot should stop them from running out of ammo. As for the elites, in sapien try creating platoons and adding your elite AI to them. I think they deal with the AI's defensive/attacking actions.

Halo CE General Discussion » Actor Transformations (OS) Aug 26, 2015 08:10 AM (Total replies: 1)

Just wondering how I would get an .actor_variant_transform_collection implemented into a scenario? I cant seemed to find any references to it in the scenario or project_yellow tags.

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] SOI's Tag dump Aug 16, 2015 09:32 PM (Total replies: 1142)

Despite what some people said with regards to the CE3 trailer for your mod, it is actually the project I'm most looking forward to playing. It seems like a retro halo ce mod with original concepts, focused on gameplay mechanics instead of solely graphical improvements. It's good to see you taking your time with polishing your mod off as opposed to rushing it like other recent sp mods.

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] SOI's Tag dump Aug 15, 2015 05:45 PM (Total replies: 1142)

Really interested in this campaign mod. Hows the progress, SOI?

Time: Wed October 16, 2019 7:23 PM 188 ms.
A Halo Maps Website