A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Vaporeon
About Contact
Last Post: Jun 10, 2019 02:50 AM
Interests: Everything Vaporeon
Your Age:
What Games do you play: Halo
Vap~

Post Statistics
Vaporeon has contributed to 17 posts out of 469376 total posts (0.00%) in 1,515 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Quote: --- Original message by: LaikaGlove
Dude, what is your deal?

I am just strongly against obfuscation being used in cases like this as I find it very hypocritical. You are more than happy to read information from other more open tools and are also more than happy to reverse engineer the original game, but how DARE anyone even think of touching your stuff, even if only to help them like other sources helped you.

So yes, when the obfuscation backfired on you I find that funny. Other than that I have no issue here, and unlike what someone else may have claimed I'd have nothing bad to say at all.

Someone pointed out an issue where the obfuscator I used injected code to stop the app from working after the trial period.

This wasn't intentional and I wasn't aware the obfuscation did that, so I'll try and get a fix out later.

Thanks for the good laugh.

I didn't even read it to be honest, I wanted to see what the response would be.
Literally who cares about obfuscated Windows .NET crap these days? What's the point.

Halo CE General Discussion » Proposal: How to share tags and maps May 23, 2019 01:16 PM (Total replies: 36)

Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster

Well I'm gonna take this opportunity to plug something of my own and make a final note; if you are sharing tags you should be using my Frog program located within this download to organize the tags first. Compile your tags into a map, name it whatever directory you want, make sure organize is checked, and then use it on the map. The mapfile will be ruined, but the tags will be organized and pretty.

https://i.imgur.com/iwDzZH2.png

Video Before/After

Otherwise, I have to use your ugly folder names like Halo3\H3\weapons\Rifles\Assualt_Rilfe\, and then when I try to move the tags everything breaks and it's awful. Now I don't even like your tags and I think less of you as a person. You could've avoided all of this, if you had just used Frog. Don't be a fool.
Edited by DeadHamster on May 20, 2019 at 04:49 PM

Nice map protector, it even protects you from playing the map!
You do realise Refinery can sort by tag class right?

Oh never mind, I found the source!

I completely understand, this is something I thought about for awhile myself and I wasn't quite ready to release the source in the state it's in. If there's enough interest in the community I wanted to continue working on it, since I had a few ideas and improvements to make myself.

Any source is better than no source, as at least it's out there and not at risk of disappearing into nothing.

Halo CE General Discussion » I fixed the sun Apr 8, 2019 10:25 PM (Total replies: 3)

Good sun.

Halo CE General Discussion » Tool reuses to use modified stock tags, help! Feb 22, 2019 12:50 AM (Total replies: 16)

Or just use Invader.

I updated these to have more languages and to use some better quality xbox bitmaps with less compression artifacts.

These have been updated to fix the missing koth hill.

Quote: --- Original message by: Kavawuvi
Is it possible to make a custom map that doesn't have Halo Reach HUDs? Has anyone else been able to make a map with the classic CE HUD?

No.
Edited by Vaporeon on Nov 7, 2018 at 09:47 PM

It simply has everything from the 1.0 release for multiplayer, other than the xbox bsps.

So the fixed multipurpose maps, uncompressed bitmaps, all shader fixes and Jesse's high resolution HUD.
Edited by Vaporeon on Nov 7, 2018 at 08:52 PM

If anyone is interested, I have put together an archive of the stock maps with the fixes contained in the refined tagset, that was started off by Moses of Egypt.

Download

There is no requirement for using these maps other than replacing the default stock ones.

r10, a couple of HUD fixes and fixed a bad bitmap on infinity.
r11, hud warnings are now translated.
r12-13, more hud fixes.
Edited by Vaporeon on Jun 4, 2019 at 05:44 AM

If this happens again what is to stop someone registering the domain and spreading a virus as a fake update?

Halo CE General Discussion » About Halo 2 Sep 7, 2015 01:15 AM (Total replies: 28)

When I first got this port I lucked out and it ran nice on the hardware I had. Now I cant get the buggy pos to run smoothly no matter what I do.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Online Aug 24, 2015 06:02 AM (Total replies: 2780)

I'm still surprised this crazy port even exists.

Time: Wed October 16, 2019 9:40 AM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website