A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: ZhoobyKinkle
About Contact
Last Post: Dec 20, 2015 05:01 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Casual Halo Online Modder

Post Statistics
ZhoobyKinkle has contributed to 9 posts out of 468052 total posts (0.00%) in 1,137 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Online Dec 20, 2015 05:01 PM (Total replies: 2780)

The one dude with like 4 alt accounts posting in that purposely stupid grammar must have a lot of friends to be blamposting on this 2001 video game forum.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Online Dec 11, 2015 01:48 PM (Total replies: 2780)

Yep. XE_Creature did it. I find it very impressive.

http://i.imgur.com/QxgCwvG.png
Edited by ZhoobyKinkle on Dec 11, 2015 at 01:49 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Online Dec 11, 2015 01:37 PM (Total replies: 2780)

Eldewrito will never get model importing - NOPE

Eldewrito will never get custom maps - NOPE

Eldewrito will never get proper map tools - SOON?

http://i.imgur.com/dFg6gGP.jpg

This list of things Eldewrito will never have is getting shorter everyday.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Online Nov 14, 2015 01:35 AM (Total replies: 2780)

There was a post on the subreddit where a user had ported over much of the Elephant from Sandtrap. It was missing textures still and didn't drive properly, however the turret was mounted on the top of it correctly and the player driving it assumed the proper animation on the driver's seat. The post is removed now, but as far as tag porting goes, as long as the tag is straight up numbers and tagblocks, it can be copied over to H:O.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Online Nov 12, 2015 07:52 AM (Total replies: 2780)

Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
Quote: --- Original message by: ZhoobyKinkle

I'm not a fan of your attitude. You claim to know all of Eldewrito's limitations but from the nonsense you're spouting, it sounds as though you've never even taken the time to casually browse the subreddit.

As if more than half of what's in the subreddit is usable in any form. Most of the ED community is pure cancer from the majority of what I've seen (not to mention filled with a bunch of arrogant speculation-as-truth users). It would be far more viable to get word directly from the users who make the quality content that actually means something

I meant to imply that your knowledge of the game's progress was that of someone who does not even casually browse something like the subreddit. However, since you took that as a chance to attack the sub instead, that gives me an idea of who I'm trying to explain these things to.

Here's a clip of a forge piece with fairly basic collisions from several months ago.
https://d.maxfile.ro/rbihkemwmd.mp4

This is laughable at best. "Look at this mang, I got a BOX into HO, its special and amazing AND SO MUCH BETTER THAN ANYTHING YOU COULD HAVE EVER DONE!!!!!" is what im getting out of this. I've seen latino mappers who don't have the slightest idea what they're doing put up a better collision model for their box maps than this. Not only that, I noticed that you had a LOT of trouble trying to grab the one platform (which is probably just a scaled version of one of the existing boxes), which is an inherent issue. When you can get some sort of complex collisions going, then maybe something like this would be relevant.

As I said in bold text originally, this is from several months ago. The object with working collisions was a scaled crate used for testing purposes. The modder responsible for it had just figured out how to make custom collisions and did this as a test. It is an old "tech demo" if you will. You insult the quality of it by claiming this:

"latino mappers who don't have the slightest idea what they're doing put up a better collision model for their box maps than this"

While that's a great story and all, this was a basic demonstration from many months ago. However, I'm glad you decided to be aggressive about it instead. Screw logic, right?

Animations and collisions can be easily ported from Halo 3 right now, but doing it by hand is a pain in the ass. Because of this, most people are waiting for a tool to be made in order to automate the process.

Has anybody actually done so? Do you have proof of this? Also, I underlined two pieces of that statement, I suggest you look at the oxymoron you created and try to correct your own diction.

Something can be easy, (as in requiring no skill), but also a pain in the ass. Porting the tags over requires lots and lots of copying and pasting. That's it. It's a pain in the ass, but it's easy. That is a perfect reason to wait for an automated tool. Also, that's not an oxymoron...

However, because the userbase is fairly small, these things can take quite a bit of time.

Yes, we all understand this. Even us at halomaps have been saying that as it is right now ED is incredibly limited for modding capability. You currently do NOT possess the sort of tools and freedom that we do for CE, and thus trying to claim that ED is superior due to an eventual set of tools that haven't been made yet is just downright stupid. That's a promise that has the validity of trying to accurately guess what stocks would be like the next year without any prior knowledge.

Of course we don't possess good tools like the ones that CE has. Nobody has said we have, and nobody claimed that ED is superior for any reason. I'm not sure where you're getting these ideas from... Anyway, we're hoping for tools sometime in the future, but yeah... not sure what you're on about there.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Online Nov 10, 2015 11:11 PM (Total replies: 2780)

Quote: --- Original message by: Twinreaper

^^ Had you bothered to read any developer blogs or official news updates, you would know that it has been clearly stated multiple times that the HO engine is a derivative Halo 3 Engine and NOT an after Halo 3 or ODST engine. The engine variant of Blam! being used is just a heavily modified version of Halo 3's. Like I said, it's been clearly stated multiple times by the developers and 343i themselves.

By the way, explain how much more complicated it is than editing a tag's enum or float values to alter them to perform differently than stock vehicles? As if cloning chunks or instances is a concept far beyond CE modders? Please...we've all done that like...15 years ago.

Moving on....quit toughting the simple model injection. Do all these lovely assets you keep video showcasing have their own compiled physics/collision/animations/sounds? No, they don't. They are simple injections that still use existing animations and resources.

Do all these pretty Forge items have working custom compiled collision, physics or animations? No again they don't. You can't even seem to get proper shader assignments done in the render model properties.

You can keep talking about how HO has all these awesome things going for it, but in the end it's no different than the first 3 years of Halo 2 modding, where simply bitmap, render_model and swaps were used in attempts to build new content. The basic truth of HO is, you will never write your own command compiler or even a UI based compiler to compile or convert raw content created in 3DsMax or Maya or Blender, and get into a workable Guerilla/Sapien based environment.

I keep hearing all this hype and talk about how "We will make tools" and all that blah blah blah stuff...but how? If it were so easy to make tools to compile tags from raw source for anything beyond CE, I would think that I would have had a nice way to create animations, physics models, collision models, bipeds, etc. for Halo 2 Vista by now. Hell we would even have seen complete map creation for Halo 3 on the Xbox platform. Face it, as far as real modding goes, Xbox 360 titles are leagues ahead of anything you can do on HO for the foreseeable future.

On a side note, it took Kornman about 3 years to get a simple collision/physics compiling add-on for H2Tool working properly. And no please don't tell me that Korn is helping El Decrapo, cause he is not. I have regular convo's with him and he is simply lending a hand in certain areas and NOT directly programming anything for you. He's basically just pointing you guys in the right direction for certain things.
Edited by Twinreaper on Nov 10, 2015 at 11:02 PM
Edited by Twinreaper on Nov 10, 2015 at 11:04 PM

I'm not a fan of your attitude. You claim to know all of Eldewrito's limitations but from the nonsense you're spouting, it sounds as though you've never even taken the time to casually browse the subreddit.

Here's a clip of a forge piece with fairly basic collisions from several months ago.

https://d.maxfile.ro/rbihkemwmd.mp4

Animations and collisions can be easily ported from Halo 3 right now, but doing it by hand is a pain in the ass. Because of this, most people are waiting for a tool to be made in order to automate the process. However, because the userbase is fairly small, these things can take quite a bit of time. Is there anything else you would like to spread ignorance about?

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Online Nov 10, 2015 10:36 PM (Total replies: 2780)

I'm disappointed to see the attitude of many of the posters on here. You should not be nit-picking over trivial parts of these replies or trying to antagonize no1dead.

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337

I'd be surprised if you had the logic to even code in Java.

Internet superiority at it's finest.

Quote: --- Original message by: DaLode
Good programmers are capable of holding a stronger, more structured argument.
They are per definition some of the most rational people.

no1dead does not strike me as such. I assume he has a small by-role on the project. Maybe he implemented the icon.

Straight up demeaning no1dead here. This is in no way a response to his argument.

Eldewrito is a passion project made by people who really want to see a custom Halo game for PC running on a fully functional Halo 3 engine. The engine is not duct taped together or whatever someone else said earlier in the thread, the engine is from after H3:ODST and is likely from MCC considering things like its HD resolution capabilities. It has some functions such as the UI and equipment disabled. Obviously the UI has been reactivated and in the Recode project the equipment is making progress, and dual wielding works besides a small audio bug at the moment. This is really Halo 3, just with some of Sabre's minor edits to make it a F2P game.

The modding capabilities right now are like what you see in Halo 3 .map mods. I would say it even goes beyond that because we have the capabilities to import custom models and textures. The Halo 3 biped and armors have been imported and fitted to Sabre's modified armor system, and things like retextured maps and vehicles are a breeze. Tags can be duplicated to allow for entirely custom vehicles and weapons that don't modify the default ones in any way. All this progress has been made possible by people like no1dead and great modders in the community such as dany, who made the Halo 3 armors and weapons mod.

I've been playing around with what is possible with the current modding tools, and even someone like me who's fairly new to modding Halo can port over the Halo 3 Longsword's model, base map, and bump map. I turned it into an entirely seperate vehicle that works along side a pelican and phantom. The weapons and particle effects on it are easily done, I just haven't put in the time to do it yet.

Tag porting from Halo 3 is also possible right now, allowing for some pretty cool things.

Here's some pictures that give you a good idea of where modding is at right now:

https://i.imgur.com/MKfIEQe.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/WOfwvFm.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/VeCqRbx.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/73wI4cA.png
https://i.imgur.com/hyzgIdH.jpg

Credit goes to the respective mod authors.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Online Nov 6, 2015 11:25 AM (Total replies: 2780)

I can't wait for maps to be ported. Custom vehicles aren't a problem, though.

https://youtu.be/7GyO57YGvZE

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Online Oct 9, 2015 12:55 AM (Total replies: 2780)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxWChW6Zf70

Sooo, hugeass when?

Time: Sun November 18, 2018 8:13 AM 437 ms.
A Halo Maps Website