A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Noble Six ROCKS
About Contact
Last Post: Jan 26, 2017 03:14 PM
Interests: Halo, Fantasy, Sci Fi.
Your Age:
What Games do you play: Halo (Xbox 360), Minecraft (PC), SWTOR.
ALL FEAR THE GAUSSHOG!!!!

Post Statistics
Noble Six ROCKS has contributed to 34 posts out of 469460 total posts (.01%) in 1,489 days (.02 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Where can I find you? Jan 26, 2017 03:14 PM (Total replies: 91)

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Quote: --- Original message by: Noble Six ROCKS
beware in the case of friend requests I am slightly paranoid and will most likely ignore you unless I recognize the name or you mention that you play CE.

Well, well someone has a chequered past.

What'd you do?

Trafficking? Homiside? Serial ripper?

Lol no was trying to make a joke. Perhaps that was not immediately obvious.

So it's drugs......I expected more than you.

Haha but can you guess which one?

Bronyhash.

Lol

Halo CE General Discussion » Where can I find you? Jan 25, 2017 02:05 PM (Total replies: 91)

beware in the case of friend requests I am slightly paranoid and will most likely ignore you unless I recognize the name or you mention that you play CE.

What'd you do?

So it's drugs......I expected more than you.

Haha but can you guess which one?

Also, anyone use CryEngine or Unreal Engine? I'm thinking about getting one of them, but I'm not sure which.

Is it not possible to import the models at least?

There are a lot of great tags already out there. Maybe you should go in phases. Choose a particular game, and start by developing the levels using other people's tags - with their permission, of course. Then follow that up by replacing that stuff with your own tags. While you may not be able to get a good modding team together, it may be a lot easier to get some playtesters - which you should seek out regardless. Having someone else test your map is just like having someone else read your paper - they may point out flaws or something that you missed. Similarly, good playtesters will be able to tell what is cool about your work. There are plenty of experienced modders whom I am sure will be willing to offer advice, and some of them may be willing to explain a few of the tricks they use in maps.

Like some people are saying, you should probably start small. Go with one campaign, and get that somewhere you like it. I'm getting into modding myself, and once school gets out I plan to get to work on trying to recreate some of the stuff from Reach myself.

Regardless what you do, good luck dude! Also, one last word of advice - I have seen too many mods, regardless of what game they were for, get killed off by impatient fans or deadlines that were inappropriately set. Make this about having fun before giving fanservice. It will take a while, but if the focus is on fun and content then you will do fine. Having the campaigns from the other Halos would be great, so I hope you keep at it!

Halo CE General Discussion » Where can I find you? Sep 30, 2016 11:16 AM (Total replies: 91)

What'd you do?

Halo CE General Discussion » Where can I find you? Sep 29, 2016 08:23 PM (Total replies: 91)

Steam: LukeSkyrata
Xbox: Noble Six ROCKS
If you ever encounter either of these names, it is most likely me. Feel free to contact me, beware in the case of friend requests I am slightly paranoid and will most likely ignore you unless I recognize the name or you mention that you play CE.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 5 forge as a map creation tool Sep 25, 2016 03:35 PM (Total replies: 35)

Quote: --- Original message by: EtchyaSketch
So... good recommendations for buying video cards and drives at a good price? Like I said, need to upgrade for H5, but I don't know where to start looking on a limited budget.

Depends on your budget. If you want future proofing for a few years worth the 1080/1070 aren't a bad place to start. The price/performance makes it a solid get.

Quote: --- Original message by: Skidrow925
I would suggest AMDs card personally, they are less expensive, and there seems to be a slight trend in their favor right now. As far as hard drives, don't skimp. Best reccomendation is WD Cavier Black. They don't fail, but if they do, you can send them in, they come with 5yr warrenty. Back to graphics, the RX470 or 480 are a solid sub $200 choice. More money can be invested in a 1070/80, but that's only if you want what's highest tier for the moment.

Thanks for the advice!

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 5 forge as a map creation tool Sep 21, 2016 09:12 PM (Total replies: 35)

So... good recommendations for buying video cards and drives at a good price? Like I said, need to upgrade for H5, but I don't know where to start looking on a limited budget.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 5 forge as a map creation tool Sep 16, 2016 10:32 AM (Total replies: 35)

So, has anyone actually played the H5 PC port? I was wondering if it was good, before I spend a ton of money on upgrading my laptop (there are other games - but if Halo 5 isn't good none of them are worth that much).

It certainly looks good, so if we could rip the models those might be some nice maps.

Halo CE General Discussion » Game won't start Sep 14, 2016 07:59 PM (Total replies: 3)

Quote: --- Original message by: The Master
First of, why aren't you the administrator of that computer yet have the password?

Try opening Program Files(x86)/Microsoft Games/Halo Custom Edition/haloce.exe with admin rights (Just in case you're using another config like windowed, devmode or some weird forced graphics config). If that doesn't work, try creating a .bat file in that same folder named "Windowed mode.bat" with the text:
Quote:
start haloce.exe -window
exit

inside.

If it still doesn't work, try downloading the last patch for haloce.exe

Still doesn't work? Try running it on compatibility mode for Win XP or Win 7.
Maybe you have a corrupted config.txt, try replacing it with the original file.

Have you installed anything lately? Like Open Sauce, ENBSeries, HAC2...?

No, I haven't installed anything recently. Also, I forgot the password to the admin account, which for some reason isn't the same password.
Quote: --- Original message by: TheMrJezza_
Windows 10 shouldn't have too many problems (unless it's a HP Laptop like mine). You could try to use Win 7 Compatibility mode, and make sure DirectX is updated. I can't think of anything else to try though.

I am using a HP laptop.

I will try your suggestions, thanks for the help!

Halo CE General Discussion » Game won't start Sep 13, 2016 08:23 AM (Total replies: 3)

Hey guys and gals, long time no see! So, I'm having problems with Custom Edition. Whenever I try to run it, the game pulls up administrator - allow program to blah blah blah - and I input the password. Then nothing happens for a second. Then a window - without an icon on the taskbar - closes. And that's it. I looked in the articles and stuff for any suggestions, but there was nothing specifically about my problem and nothing about Windows 10, which is what I am using. I was wondering if the problem was Windows 10 - I have an older Windows 7 desktop I can use if I have to, but I'd prefer to use my laptop so I'm not limited to home - or if anyone has encountered a similar problem. I know the coders may not be able to help without being able to access my laptop, but any advice would be much appreciated. Modders, keep up the good work!

Halo CE General Discussion » Steam Greenlight? Dec 21, 2015 08:28 AM (Total replies: 22)

Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh

By making actual content that's worth to be looked at?

Really? That's not helpful. There's lots of good content, and you're simply being a troll.

There is your problem. If you call countless rips good content then you have a long way to go. The only decent singleplayer level as of late was TSC:E and the only good MP level as of late is bigass.

Custom original stuff is what people want. If you want Halo people to notice Halo CE give them a reason to not just play Halo CE. If all there is is ports from other games, what gives them a reason to play Halo CE when they actually have the games the assets are ported from already? Make custom content on par with Halo 3 and you got yourself some attention.

Because everytime Halo CE is mentioned outside this forum people go like: "There are still people modding that game?"

Seriously, do you have a better idea?
Edited by Mootjuh on Dec 20, 2015 at 01:49 AM

Yes, there is not really any completely original content anymore. But that doesn't necessarily make it bad. Yes, we need good content other than ports to convince people to come play Custom Edition. I will agree with that wholeheartedly. Perhaps, then, we should as a community get together and make something worth playing. I really don't know what else to do. My apologies for calling you a troll earlier, it seemed like all you were trying to do was start an argument.

Quote: --- Original message by: EtchyaSketch

Really? That's not helpful. There's lots of good content, and you're simply being a troll.

There is your problem. If you call countless rips good content then you have a long way to go. The only decent singleplayer level as of late was TSC:E and the only good MP level as of late is bigass.

Custom original stuff is what people want. If you want Halo people to notice Halo CE give them a reason to not just play Halo CE. If all there is is ports from other games, what gives them a reason to play Halo CE when they actually have the games the assets are ported from already? Make custom content on par with Halo 3 and you got yourself some attention.

Because everytime Halo CE is mentioned outside this forum people go like: "There are still people modding that game?"

Seriously, do you have a better idea?
Edited by Mootjuh on Dec 20, 2015 at 01:49 AM

Yea he was going to steal from Microsoft.

???

Halo CE General Discussion » Steam Greenlight? Dec 19, 2015 02:58 PM (Total replies: 22)

Quote: --- Original message by: Mangenkyo
Steam Greenlight is a tool for devs (indie devs) to let them get into Steam, of course.. they actually own the games they publish.
Do you own Halo? No. You can't send anything to Greenlight.

We already determined that we can't do greenlight. As I revised my question to, do you have any ideas for helping spread the word about Custom Edition?

Halo CE General Discussion » Steam Greenlight? Dec 18, 2015 07:50 AM (Total replies: 22)

Quote: --- Original message by: BKTiel

Someone's probably going to come along and word this a lot less nicely, but I think you're being serious so here goes -

It can't happen, because firstly CE isn't free - you've "always" needed a valid copy of Halo 1 PC to actually install it. (*cough* totally *cough*)

Even if it were designed to be fully standalone, it's not anyone's to put on Greenlight. Halo as an IP is owned by Microsoft. Halo as a game is owned by Microsoft. Halo, down to the if {} statements, is owned by Microsoft. It would be Microsoft's decision and Microsoft's alone to gun for Steam.

e: honestly with all the crappy unity games on there these days I can see how there'd be some confusion as to the process
Edited by BKTiel on Dec 17, 2015 at 10:58 PM

Thanks for answering that question.

Oh well, I guess that we'll have to find another way to spread the word. Any ideas?

Halo CE General Discussion » Steam Greenlight? Dec 17, 2015 10:25 PM (Total replies: 22)

As most everyone here will agree, Halo Custom Edition is dying out. People are either moving on to Halo Online or simply don't care. If we want to revive this wonderful game and its community, we need a way to spread the joy. Why not put it up for Steam greenlight? Lots and lots of people use Steam, and if we can get enough votes for the greenlight to succeed, people will start discovering it, even just by looking through the free games. Slowly but surely, we can revive the greatest modding community there has ever been.

That being said, I don't know if we can actually put this up for Steam. Dennis, if the game is of course kept free, can we try for greenlight?

Halo CE General Discussion » Blood Gulch MOD !!!! [W.I.P.] Dec 16, 2015 09:55 PM (Total replies: 115)

Quote: --- Original message by: Kinnet
I'm planing on doing a small beta release in one week.

Woot!

Halo CE General Discussion » Blood Gulch MOD !!!! [W.I.P.] Dec 16, 2015 07:49 AM (Total replies: 115)

Quote: --- Original message by: abkarch
http://i.imgur.com/ebKSqN3.png

Dude! IKR!

Halo CE General Discussion » Blood Gulch MOD !!!! [W.I.P.] Dec 13, 2015 09:36 AM (Total replies: 115)

I'm assuming the cliff's new texture is inspired by Reach's Forge World? If so, I might suggest making the cliffs at the back of one base look like someone has placed some Forge windows or something, and then beyond that you can see the beach? Don't know if there is a flat expanse of rocks that would work for it, or if you even can do it. Looks good!

Halo CE General Discussion » Blood Gulch MOD !!!! [W.I.P.] Dec 8, 2015 06:59 PM (Total replies: 115)

So you when you say this is installed similarly to a Minecraft texture pack, do you mean there is simply installed in a particular folder? It seems to me that you would need to replace something, if this is intended to update the normal Blood Gulch. Of course, it has not been released yet, but when it is, please elaborate on how to install. Nonetheless, looks good. This is just the boost Blood Gulch needs for me - my favorite map with awesome textures!

Also, does this require Open Sauce?

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Forge World Dec 5, 2015 07:22 PM (Total replies: 229)

Quote: --- Original message by: PRPatxi
I haven't encountered either myself yet, so I can't remark on Paxti's and Leonox's. I didn't know TMM was dead, but if they are I doubt that they would mind altis using their resources even if he ripped them. If these others are better, know any maps with those in use? I would like to try them out. Also, are those in Spanish? Because I personally won't want "sostenga x para recoger el rifle de asalto" showing up when I try to pick up an assault rifle. And most of the tags I have encountered are in Spanish.

Learn how to spell at the very least my name properly.

Sorry, I was going off of what the person I was responding to had called you.

Quote: --- Original message by: TheHaloKnight

I haven't encountered either myself yet, so I can't remark on Paxti's and Leonox's. I didn't know TMM was dead, but if they are I doubt that they would mind altis using their resources even if he ripped them. If these others are better, know any maps with those in use? I would like to try them out. Also, are those in Spanish? Because I personally won't want "sostenga x para recoger el rifle de asalto" showing up when I try to pick up an assault rifle. And most of the tags I have encountered are in Spanish.

what about htis HR map ?
http://www.mediafire.com/download/y7roxfgfz1dxqfh/HR_graveyard.7z
It has good HR stuff, it was made by spanish ppl but the game language is englsh.
Edited by TheHaloKnight on Dec 4, 2015 at 09:34 PM

If they're good and I can tell what I'm trying to pick up without either picking it up or looking at it on the ground, then it sounds good to me.
EDIT:
Halo Knight, those are some pretty good tags! I think they might be TMM's, but the player itself, the hud + arms, and the menu and such is very nice. I had seen those before but in spanish, so it was nice to see them in English. At the very least altis should use that menu, as it is very good.
Edited by Noble Six ROCKS on Dec 6, 2015 at 05:19 PM

Time: Mon November 18, 2019 8:28 PM 282 ms.
A Halo Maps Website