A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: SBB_Michelle
About Contact
Last Post: Aug 12, 2019 12:06 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
This site brings me pain.

Post Statistics
SBB_Michelle has contributed to 468 posts out of 469343 total posts (.10%) in 1,412 days (.33 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
I can highly recommend their Discord Server to anybody who wants to be told to use python and how wonderful Linux is. They love to do that.

That actually hasn't happened after you left. You came during the transitional period I guess. We've adjusted to not doing that anymore. You came very close to the inception of the server.

I actually started packing my python scripts into exe files to avoid people having troubles with them. Because I ended up realizing that was the easier solution.

Sorry for being an ass in February.

You're invited if you want to see if we can actually hold true to what I just said. But also if you just want to hang out!

Edit:

I had this really long message explaining myself here, but I just learned that being nice and genuine on this site is not worth anything.

You know. I feel good, and I try to spread happiness. But then I go here and I just die on the inside.

I give up. Meet me on my server if you want. But don't even mention this site if you can help it.
Edited by SBB_Michelle on Aug 12, 2019 at 02:19 PM

😊

🦊
Edited by SBB_Michelle on Aug 11, 2019 at 07:10 PM

The title I tried to type:
This other actually nice and active community you can join if this one is just too toxic for you.
But we only have a tiny few characters.

We have like 250 people in here and a bunch of community projects (And no flamewars or toxic behavior!)
https://discord.gg/dzN28n9

If you actually want to follow the nice community projects like Mo's editing kit, Invader, dark-circlet, salamander, Vulpes, Halo 99, Heretic hunt, Hiralis' campaign, sector 09, Jesse's Urban Map, occasional snippets from the h2v community, etc etc. This is the place, because it all is in that discord link.

If you prefer the nature of a forum I suggest going to https://opencarnage.net/

Anything but this awful site (Halomaps)

Halo Custom Edition isn't dead, just this site is. Stop digging it up from its grave.

Halo CE General Discussion » Because me, and I'm sure others, are lazy. Aug 9, 2019 04:15 AM (Total replies: 11)

That is valid

Halo CE General Discussion » Because me, and I'm sure others, are lazy. Aug 9, 2019 02:06 AM (Total replies: 11)

That effect isn't present anymore if you have Opensauce, Hac2, Chimera, or Vulpes.

Thanks, there is a few people in the background that help make to make the server work.

We have all been doing good work. We've formed a real community.

We're slowly nearing 250 people now, and we're still not overrun by furries. 🤔

(People also have such cute pets that they're posting in #cute-animals)

Halo CE General Discussion » BN Tagset Release Aug 4, 2019 06:04 AM (Total replies: 9)

Make sure the green channel of the multipurpose is completely black. Otherwise it can make your texture darker if you haven't set a self-illumination color.

Halo CE General Discussion » Game won't launch Jul 4, 2019 06:58 PM (Total replies: 5)

Get the game from one of the trusted sources on this site.
http://www.halocetutorials.tk/
Make sure you get the latest update too.

I love the custom maps in this list. Always fun.

If you like these, you'll probably also like the ones here (They're made by some of the same people): https://opencarnage.net/index.php?/topic/7455-halo-15-maps-converted-to-ce/

Quote: --- Original message by: not giraffe
Quote: --- Original message by: SBB_Michelle

We have:
  • A lovely cute-animals channel

Catering to furry/zoophile freaks?

Nope, just cute animals. The type that everyone likes.

Edited by SBB_Michelle on Jun 13, 2019 at 03:02 AM

Come join the CE Reclaimers Discord server!

We have:

• An inviting community.

• Modding focused channels.

• A HEK Wiki and Tutorial index which we maintain.

• Channels for discussing community projects like the MEK.

• A lovely cute-animals channel

We currently have over 175 members and are still growing!

Come and joins us at https://discord.gg/dzN28n9

Edit: I might have been a bit out of line.
Edited by SBB_Michelle on Jun 12, 2019 at 12:02 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Invader Jun 9, 2019 05:43 AM (Total replies: 28)

Nice space gains. I hope you can figure out the ai BSP attachment thing without too much more hassle.

Gotta love tool being compiled as a debug build making it slow.

I really think having an opensource map compiler will benefit us all at some point.

Python

Can confirm the node count upgrade.

Another worry though is that each node has its own set of matrices in memory, and objects only have so much memory to go around until they stop spawning because there isn't any space to put them in anymore. units being the heaviest on memory even without their nodes.

Remember to have some LODs where you removed the skinning from loads of bones. I haven't checked if that actually helps. But I know Bungie intended it to work that way.

Also, keep a check on the limit on animation data loaded in memory at a time. Too much data causes the game to just exception. A solution is compressing as many animations as possible. Luckily Halo's compression isn't that bad looking. Another solution is again removing nodes.

A lot of this is stuff I learned from having access to the old z-team h2 export tools.

A while ago I was working on a converter that directly converts amf to gbx models. I guess I should pick that up again sometime in the coming months.

Really though, use that amf importer that makes nodes/frames, the original amf importer does some broken things to bones, and you're better off not using it because of that.

I appreciate all of the words every single one of you is saying, but you're forgetting one important question.

Can we have the source? Please pretty please give us the source so that we can soak up that knowledge and possibly make different tools using it.

Most of our recent advancements in this community in the last few years has been because of people making their tools opensource and people working off each other and helping each other out.

Halo CE General Discussion » Proposal: How to share tags and maps May 19, 2019 02:46 PM (Total replies: 36)

I don't like dropbox because I have seen way more dead dropbox links than dead mediafire links. My personal suggestion goes out to google drive though.

Halo CE General Discussion » Terminology May 18, 2019 07:13 PM (Total replies: 9)

Are you on drugs?

Halo CE General Discussion » Proposal: How to share tags and maps May 18, 2019 06:56 PM (Total replies: 36)

Quote: --- Original message by: sparky
Please provide the best link to an executable of MosesofEgypt's Refinery.

It's a tutorial, with a download link in the description.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGEjtX4u9FI&feature=youtu.be

Time: Sun September 15, 2019 3:01 PM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website