A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: SBB_Michelle
About Contact
Last Post: Yesterday @ 03:46 PM
Website: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1KFt2o5u8cwEfo254hmywg
Interests: Programming, Animation, Game Design, things that are fun.
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Floof

Post Statistics
SBB_Michelle has contributed to 398 posts out of 468052 total posts (.09%) in 1,111 days (.36 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant News and Info! Yesterday @ 03:46 PM (Total replies: 961)

There's a tool called aether that can export scenery locations, just have to export the scenery yourself.

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant News and Info! Nov 16, 2018 05:27 PM (Total replies: 961)

Well first you will want to make this images public so we can see them.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Reach Tagset Released! Nov 15, 2018 12:16 AM (Total replies: 19)

I'm the one working on that and this discussion shows the reason I don't generally talk about my projects unless you can give an tangible example of how it would be useful. I have thought about that Kinnet. I won't stop at an importer for one format. I have a network of projects that on their own seem useless, but when put together they become really useful.

Compressed animations can not be extracted properly. They are fine in tag form, but we can't load them into 3dsmax. We've looked into the format a lot of times. We're almost there on how to do it, but there is just one gap in our knowledge about them that throws all rotations off. And maybe I could fix that if I understood how quaternions worked, but I don't.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Reach Tagset Released! Nov 12, 2018 04:46 PM (Total replies: 19)

Quote: --- Original message by: SOI_7
Why would someone download this when you can already rip everything with Adjutant on your own?

Because porting stuff into the game that you didn't make sucks the life out of you. This is why altheros is barely a living being anymore.

Do it, no balls.

Send them over to me. I won't take credit. I'll make a video detailing me fixing them, how, and why. Then release that and the files.
Edited by SBB_Michelle on Nov 9, 2018 at 02:59 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Rigging Face and Mouth in Bipeds Nov 8, 2018 07:24 PM (Total replies: 9)

Each biped animation set (referenced in the biped tag) that has accounted for a mouth has an overlay animation with two frames. The first frame has the whole body in the normal position. The second frame has the mouth/mandible bones moved into the position of how far the 'mouth' should be open at max openness. For the marine this is the ponytail bone (I think), for the elite these are the mandible bones.

It doesn't look for vertices, it just moves the bones into a position between the two frames in the speaking overlay that is appropriate for how loud the dialog sound currently is. And that moving of the bones moves the vertices.

How loud it is is looked up each tick from the mouth data, which is just a value from 0-1 or lowest to highest. That value for the current tick determines how close to either frame frame the position of the bones should be.

The mouth overlay is called talk, with the name of the respective unit before it. Ex: 'stand talk'.

Halo CE General Discussion » Rigging Face and Mouth in Bipeds Nov 7, 2018 04:37 PM (Total replies: 9)

Models with no mouths do not need anything rigged to the mouth. This goes for any type of missing part of any model.

Halo CE General Discussion » Multiteam bipeds - map & scripts included Nov 7, 2018 04:34 PM (Total replies: 5)

Fair

Halo CE General Discussion » Multiteam bipeds - map & scripts included Nov 6, 2018 01:54 AM (Total replies: 5)

Uhh, if you're doing this correctly it should not need a client script to work properly afaik.

I'll gladly be a normie any day based on what you're posting.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Encounter Actor variance? Nov 5, 2018 07:47 PM (Total replies: 2)

Can and should be done in sapien.

Halo CE General Discussion » Dissapointed By CMT SPV3 Developers Nov 4, 2018 01:14 AM (Total replies: 5)

Oh man, apparently when a timezone change happens halomaps does weird stuff. I love it.

Halo CE General Discussion » Dissapointed By CMT SPV3 Developers Nov 4, 2018 01:12 AM (Total replies: 5)

Rabbit, **** off.

https://halospeedruns.wikia.com/wiki/Version_Differences

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT isn't really CMT anymore Oct 21, 2018 04:52 PM (Total replies: 9)

Halo CE will only die if you let it.

Halo CE General Discussion » Change physics back to normal? Oct 21, 2018 04:50 PM (Total replies: 3)

You'd have to make a new map. If you change it in this map the checksum changes and clients won't be able to join. And if they were able to join they'd design as their game would still try to make their bipeds more fast and jump high.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » 3dsmax8 CAD Animation exporter error Oct 21, 2018 04:48 PM (Total replies: 3)

Move to a 64bit version of 3dsmax, it sounds like it's running out of memory. max 8 is 32bit, 32bit means only 2-4gb of memory is accessable. Or try waiting to see if it responds after a few minutes.

Unexpected end of file means the exporter never finished writing all the animation data to the file.

Try adding -use21 to your shortcut's target.

Time: Sun November 18, 2018 8:09 AM 235 ms.
A Halo Maps Website