A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Alex231
About Contact
Last Post: Nov 10, 2015 09:05 AM
Interests: Fishcenter, Long Donovan
Your Age: 16
What Games do you play: Halo 3, Halo Online
<>< We will swim for your sins. <><

Post Statistics
Alex231 has contributed to 2 posts out of 469451 total posts (0.00%) in 1,467 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Online Nov 10, 2015 09:05 AM (Total replies: 2780)

Quote: Good programmers are capable of holding a stronger, more structured argument.

What makes you think that good programmers are inherently better at arguing?

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Online Nov 9, 2015 07:30 PM (Total replies: 2780)

Quote: --- Original message by: beaucephal
I was under the impression that the pilotable Longsword was super-unstable and likely to crash the game client. Still, it's fascinating to see the amount of mods that have sprung up so quickly from this.

The optimist in me hopes that given time, things like Halo 3's BSP injector and scripted AI will work properly, paving the way for a proper platform to mod on.

The pessimist in me feels that it will probably turn into a rabid storm of "WE WANT HALO 3 MULTIPLAYER ON PC NOWWWWWW" and screw everything else.

I understand where you're coming from, it seems about 50/50 in terms of halo 3 and enhancement. Although there's been a lot of Halo 3 stuff recently, that's only because a lot of people just wanted to get rid of the Halo Online alternative. For example, the HUD had lots of unused junk on it, whereas the halo 3 HUD gets rid of all that. Also a lot of people don't like the armour style either. Halo 3 maps seem to be the closest to being ported too just because of similarities in structure but again, it's just a start. There's been custom content already, HUDs, weapons, weapon skins, sounds... Halo 3 seems to just be the easiest to include first :p
Edited by Alex231 on Nov 9, 2015 at 07:30 PM
Edited by Alex231 on Nov 9, 2015 at 07:41 PM

Time: Thu November 14, 2019 7:46 AM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website