A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: 1CJB
About Contact
Last Post: Nov 29, 2015 04:50 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
1CJB has contributed to 4 posts out of 469344 total posts (0.00%) in 1,408 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Question about A.I. and the networking code Nov 29, 2015 04:50 PM (Total replies: 29)

Quote: --- Original message by: Skidrow925
Quote: --- Original message by: 1CJB
Quote: --- Original message by: Bungie LLC
the "dead-state" of characters do not sync regardless in Halo's netcode

I thought they did? Killing a bot that exists on the host map results in the biped representation on the client dying.

Rejoining also updates the position of the ai.

Pretty sure bipeds do update, not sure about relation to AI, but does rejoining actually work?

Rejoining will update the positions of the host ai. The client will see their bipeds at the updated position.

Halo CE General Discussion » Question about A.I. and the networking code Nov 29, 2015 04:41 PM (Total replies: 29)

Quote: --- Original message by: Bungie LLC
the "dead-state" of characters do not sync regardless in Halo's netcode

I thought they did? Killing a bot that exists on the host map results in the biped representation on the client dying.

Rejoining also updates the position of the ai.

Halo CE General Discussion » Question about A.I. and the networking code Nov 11, 2015 01:19 PM (Total replies: 29)

Quote: --- Original message by: altis94
It can be done using vehicles like in this map http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=6036

I'll have read more on that. I was thinking of a very simple projectile effect that attaches to the ai.

With a simple tick in the weapons tag, I was able to fight against ai on my dedicated server (albeit rather poorly) because I could see their shots coming at me.

Halo CE General Discussion » Question about A.I. and the networking code Nov 11, 2015 12:51 PM (Total replies: 29)

I've noticed that the networking code doesn't send info about ai to the server in this game. I've also noticed that the ai still physically exist on the server, and can interact with players. When a client joins, client-side ai will spawn on their computer that doesn't exist at all to the server. I've seen people get around this by making a map where the player controls when the ai spawn. The host can spawn ai whenever, and there will be no client-side ai on anyone's computer.

With this in mind, my question is would it be possible to attach some kind of marker to the ai so that the clients can see them? Unchecking client-side projectiles reveals where they are only when they shoot at you.
Edited by 1CJB on Dec 3, 2015 at 12:13 AM

Time: Wed September 18, 2019 1:58 AM 406 ms.
A Halo Maps Website