A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Jimbowhit99
About Contact
Last Post: Dec 5, 2015 10:00 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
Jimbowhit99 has contributed to 4 posts out of 469494 total posts (0.00%) in 1,469 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » New Halo: CE Dedicated Server Dec 5, 2015 10:00 AM (Total replies: 10)

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Quote: --- Original message by: Jimbowhit99
I found a walkthrough on Bungie's website that didn't work (it was for an older version) but it mentioned using an init.txt file so that the server automatically starts with a certain set of maps and gametypes that you place in the init.txt file. However, I couldn't find the init.txt file in my halo ce folder. How do I find this file or create a new one for the server to use?

Create a notepad dock and call it "init".txt (without quotations)

I did this, and I still get the same message when I open haloceded: "WARNING: sv_name not specified in init.txt defaulting to Halo" and it then gives the maxplayer count and shows the public value as 1. I created an init.txt file with the server information, but I must have not placed it in the correct folder in Halo CE's directory. What folder does this file go in?

Halo CE General Discussion » New Halo: CE Dedicated Server Dec 1, 2015 12:54 PM (Total replies: 10)

I found a walkthrough on Bungie's website that didn't work (it was for an older version) but it mentioned using an init.txt file so that the server automatically starts with a certain set of maps and gametypes that you place in the init.txt file. However, I couldn't find the init.txt file in my halo ce folder. How do I find this file or create a new one for the server to use?

Halo CE General Discussion » New Halo: CE Dedicated Server Nov 30, 2015 03:18 AM (Total replies: 10)

I'm not trying to spam anybody, I just needed some help setting up the server.

Halo CE General Discussion » New Halo: CE Dedicated Server Nov 30, 2015 12:34 AM (Total replies: 10)

Hi everybody! In case you can't tell, I'm a little new around here (not to mention a total n00b at Halo PC), so if I posted this in the wrong forum, I apologize. I created my own custom server, but I have not figured out how to find my IP address for said server. How do I go about finding my IP address for this server? Also, I did set a password, which is sl4yrctf. It is a server that rotates a selection of eight different maps: 4 are slayer, 4 are ctf. I didn't know if anyone would be interested in checking out the server after I get it fully up and running and giving me some feedback. Thanks!
Edited by Jimbowhit99 on Nov 30, 2015 at 12:37 AM

Time: Sat December 7, 2019 6:25 AM 375 ms.
A Halo Maps Website