A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Rooster28
About Contact
Last Post: Dec 15, 2015 01:20 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
Rooster28 has contributed to 4 posts out of 469462 total posts (0.00%) in 1,437 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Objects "Stretching" On Windows 10 Dec 15, 2015 01:20 PM (Total replies: 11)

It works! The graphics actually look better overall (I guess Intel was messing up some textures too?) and I can select my native resolution in the settings without modifying the command line.

Thank you all so very much! I'm looking forward to playing the Halo campaign for the first time in many years.

Halo CE General Discussion » Objects "Stretching" On Windows 10 Dec 15, 2015 12:08 PM (Total replies: 11)

Thanks for the advice everyone! I actually just got back from a local store and purchased a Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 4 GB. It was $270. The 970 was $100 more, so I passed on it.

I'll update to confirm that it fixed this stretching problem.

Halo CE General Discussion » Objects "Stretching" On Windows 10 Dec 15, 2015 10:12 AM (Total replies: 11)

Thanks for the tip on setting the resolution!

I am running the latest drivers already . This is a brand-new system that I literally just finished putting the hardware together two days ago . Since it's the fault of Intel HD Graphics, I imagine if I get a external graphics card (like a Nvidia GeForce 780 Ti), this glitch wont happen?

I actually did plan to setup a dual-boot with Arch Linux, but that might take a week to setup the way I want. Halo CE can run in wine?

Thanks for the quick reply!

Halo CE General Discussion » Objects "Stretching" On Windows 10 Dec 14, 2015 10:13 PM (Total replies: 11)

Hello! I'm new to the community here.

My brother gave me a copy of Halo: Combat Evolved recently. I installed it on my Windows 10 computer. I installed the patches for it up to version 1.10. When I play it, objects (in particular characters and trees) seem to stretch across the screen. The game is playable, but it's rather annoying. Here's an example: https://imgur.com/a/q6CkA

I tried running it in compatibility mode for WinXP and WinVista, but it didn't fix anything. I've followed instructions from http://www.pcgamer.com/how-to-run-halo-combat-evolved-on-windows-78/ and from this website.

While searching for solutions, I discovered Halo Custom Edition. I installed it, including patches up to 1.10. I downloaded all the regular campaign maps and a new UI file according to the instructions. However, it still does it! Also, I am not able to adjust the resolution any higher than the regular Halo game (I have a 16:9 monitor, so the max resolution in Halo and Halo Custom Edition is 1280x720, instead of my native resolution of 1920x1080).

My hardware is:

• Intel Core i5-6600 (Skylake) - Not overclocked

• 32 GB DDR4 RAM

• Samsung 850 Pro SSD

• Windows 10 Enterprise N LTSB

• No external video card - using the built in Intel HD Graphics 300

Does anyone know why this is doing this and how I can fix it? It's very frustrating. Thank you so much!
Edited by Rooster28 on Dec 14, 2015 at 10:15 PM

Time: Tue November 19, 2019 6:36 AM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website