A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Weion
About Contact
Last Post: Jan 28, 2016 06:01 AM
Interests: Halo CE, Installation 01, Halo Offline, Eldewrito, Anvil Online(?)
Your Age:
What Games do you play: Games that are played on a Monitor?

Post Statistics
Weion has contributed to 2 posts out of 469376 total posts (0.00%) in 1,359 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Quote: --- Original message by: Pepzee

I believe there are sound settings in Halo. Try adjusting your sound settings, as sometimes if the settings are specified too high or low for the audio hardware it can cause audio cutting.

Here is a picture of what I'm referring to. Try changing the sound quality or variety to see if it solves the issue.

I haven't used an audio card in a long time, I would also look to see if there are other audio outputs on your computer. Most modern computers have built in audio that can be used as well.
Edited by Pepzee on Jan 27, 2016 at 11:30 PM

I have tried that and it has the same result.

I got a sound card because my Realtek onboard sound couldn't power my high impedance headphones, so it is not like I can switch back.
Edited by Weion on Jan 28, 2016 at 06:02 AM

Is there anyway to fix this, I have tried to add the following code snippet to my Halo CE config.txt file:

AudioVendor = 0x13F6 "C-Media"
0x8788 = "ASUS Essence STX II"
HeadRelativeSpeech
EnableStopStart
break

This solves the sounds cutting out from pistol and other single shot weapons, but the Assault Rifle is literally silent when I hold down Mouse1.

Am I doing something wrong, because I have tried Hardware Acceleration (EAX) in Call of Duty 2 as a test (EAX 2, which is the same as Halo CE), and that worked just fine.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Time: Wed October 16, 2019 11:53 AM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website