A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Rhinox117
About Contact
Last Post: Jan 26, 2017 06:55 PM
Interests:
Your Age: 1000
What Games do you play: Halo,DOA,Sleeping dogs

Post Statistics
Rhinox117 has contributed to 13 posts out of 466682 total posts (0.00%) in 839 days (.02 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » How to use custom models? Jan 26, 2017 06:55 PM (Total replies: 12)

Quote: --- Original message by: SBB_Michelle
If you have used 3dsmax before then this won't be too hard, but you need it and the jms exporter script from halomaps to export models.

Here is some help with it: http://hce.halomaps.org/hek/index.html?start=references/level_design/mp_level_design/mp_ld_level_exporting.html
thought keep in mind that for models that are not levels you won't need portals and render only models don't need to be sealed.

And the command for importing a model using tool is "tool model" and for bsp it is "tool structure"
I don't really have the time to explain it in more detail or better and I can't find any tutorials that go a bit deeper than the one that came with the hek, so this will have to do for now. Post your issues in this tread if you have any.

Thank you so much, im using 3ds max 2010 with those scrips but i have errors, Would you know if there is any tutorial here in halo maps? I think I'm doing everything wrong.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » How to use custom models? Jan 25, 2017 08:36 AM (Total replies: 12)

Quote: --- Original message by: BKTiel
Are you trying to import models into halo or export models out of halo?

Im trying to import models into halo ce

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » How to use custom models? Jan 23, 2017 04:43 PM (Total replies: 12)

Hi, I'm really noobie at editing maps, can someone tell me how to use custom models? Have i to convert the .fbx .obj to .gbx?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Halo CE Restoration Mod Feb 9, 2016 08:47 PM (Total replies: 24)

Quote: --- Original message by: Kinnet
are you using HEK or HMT, eschaton ??

I am using HEK (Guerrilla), any idea?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Halo CE Restoration Mod Feb 9, 2016 08:12 PM (Total replies: 24)

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker

How are you going to fix the rainbow glass.
Edited by Super Flanker on Feb 9, 2016 at 06:38 PM
Editing the cube map glass with photoshop and lowering the brightness,In the next step i want recreate the effect of the portable plasma shield but i have not idea how it works the plasma shader with this tag

If anyone knows how it works to tell me
Edited by Zangetsu on Feb 9, 2016 at 08:16 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Halo CE Restoration Mod Feb 9, 2016 06:06 PM (Total replies: 24)

this is my project Restoration Mod,i am planning to restore and recreate some visual aspects of the xbox version,so,im planning restored and recreate not remove fuelrod,flamethrower,rocket-warthog etc...
I will to restore the campaign and multiplayers maps

captain keyes PC skin vs Captain keyes XBOX skin

PC Assault Rifle shaders vs XBOX Assault Rifle shaders And cleaned glass
Edited by Zangetsu on Feb 9, 2016 at 06:07 PM
Edited by Zangetsu on Feb 9, 2016 at 06:11 PM
Edited by Zangetsu on Feb 9, 2016 at 06:14 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » i cant compile .scenario to .map Feb 3, 2016 09:44 PM (Total replies: 7)

Quote: --- Original message by: sparky

There is a collection of single player campaign tags. But before you download them, see if naming the .scenario tag to something else will work. Run the console in administrator mode. Remove the existing single player map file from your maps folder, so it does not get replaced, or cause a failure in trying to replace it. Set the .scenario as a single player type at the top of the tag data in Guerilla.
Edited by sparky on Feb 3, 2016 at 04:00 PM

I finally got compile my campaign map sorry for all the trouble,thank you so much to all im working on my (halo restoration pack)

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » i cant compile .scenario to .map Feb 3, 2016 01:37 PM (Total replies: 7)

Quote: --- Original message by: Zangetsu

The .scenario tag for your new level should be located somewhere within your tags directory. Find it, then copy the directory location string at the top of the Windows Explorer window, starting from the '/' after "tags". Paste that as the scenario path:

tool build-cache-file "the\tag\path\string\to\the\folder\containing\your\.scenario\tag"

Sorry,I do not understand anything,im using "tool.exe build-cache-file levels\a10\a10" it's not correct? I copy the tags of "a10" on a10 folder
Edited by Zangetsu on Feb 3, 2016 at 08:03 AM

Go into your level folder and check that their is an a10.scenario file actually there.
Yup.the .scenario file is in the folder. I'm trying to edit the campaign and i know edit the multiplayer maps correctly,i cant understand that
Edited by Zangetsu on Feb 3, 2016 at 01:39 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » i cant compile .scenario to .map Feb 3, 2016 08:00 AM (Total replies: 7)

The .scenario tag for your new level should be located somewhere within your tags directory. Find it, then copy the directory location string at the top of the Windows Explorer window, starting from the '/' after "tags". Paste that as the scenario path:

tool build-cache-file "the\tag\path\string\to\the\folder\containing\your\.scenario\tag"

Sorry,I do not understand anything,im using "tool.exe build-cache-file levels\a10\a10" it's not correct? I copy the tags of "a10" on a10 folder
Edited by Zangetsu on Feb 3, 2016 at 08:03 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Why i cant edit the campaign levels? Feb 2, 2016 05:11 PM (Total replies: 0)

i can edit and compile the multiplayer maps correctly but when i try to compile campaign levels i cant.
so,my method is replace the tags of a10
(C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition\tags\levels\a10)
i know I have to be doing something wrong,please can anybody help me?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » I cant extract .Scenario Pleae Help! Feb 2, 2016 03:33 PM (Total replies: 3)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Vr-BTHBIokk

I know extract tags,the problem is the version of hek plus,i tested your Hek plus version and works correctly on my windows 8.1 Thank you so much
you saved my life

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » i cant compile .scenario to .map Feb 2, 2016 01:07 PM (Total replies: 7)

sorry for my noobs post but im forgot how to do maps,somebody can help me? when i save my .scenary for example (bloodgulch2) icant compile in the cmd.

in concrete i have this erros -->
### FAILED TO LOAD SCENARIO.

Cache pack file bitmaps hits: 0 for 0.00M
Cache pack file bitmaps adds/misses: 0 for 0
Cache pack file sounds hits: 0 for 0.00M
Cache pack file sounds adds/misses: 0 for 0.
Cache pack file loc hits: 0 for 0.00M
Cache pack file loc adds/misses: 0 for 0.00M
Edited by Zangetsu on Feb 2, 2016 at 01:08 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » I cant extract .Scenario Pleae Help! Feb 2, 2016 12:16 PM (Total replies: 3)

I am using windows 8.1
http://imgur.com/NXW32eg
I want edit the campaing level but i cant extract the scenario even with the multiplayer levels
Edited by Zangetsu on Feb 2, 2016 at 12:16 PM
Edited by Zangetsu on Feb 2, 2016 at 12:18 PM

Time: Sun May 20, 2018 11:32 PM 750 ms.
A Halo Maps Website