A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: ThePolice
About Contact
Last Post: Jun 20, 2017 06:42 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
ThePolice has contributed to 14 posts out of 469463 total posts (0.00%) in 1,385 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » UI/HUD location of the gametype icon? Jun 20, 2017 06:42 PM (Total replies: 3)

Is there anyway to change the location of the gametype icons on screen:

the bitmaps are:

ui\shell\bitmaps\team_background

ui\shell\bitmaps\team_icon_ctf ...etc

They are referenced by ui_tags_loaded_multiplayer_scenario_type.tag_collection but there are no options in that tag to change the coordinates of those ui elements.
Edited by ThePolice on Aug 17, 2017 at 04:36 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Bitmap editing question Dec 30, 2016 06:27 PM (Total replies: 8)

Thanks guys that worked :D

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Bitmap editing question Dec 29, 2016 10:00 PM (Total replies: 8)

I can't get it to work. I saved my tiff files into one folder, named them 0,1, etc, and ran the "tool bitmap" command on the source directory but it says: failed to open TIFF: file does not exist

However if you put the filename at the end of the directory the bitmap will compile but only that single one.

I also tried the "bitmaps" command on the directory and it compiled separate bitmaps.

I'm not really sure what I'm doing wrong.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Bitmap editing question Dec 29, 2016 04:17 PM (Total replies: 8)

So I need to create a bitmap with multiple bitmap indexes, similar to ui\hud\bitmaps\sniper_scope_crosshairs2.bitmap

How would I go about making it in gimp?

In a weapon tag under triggers>projectile there is a drop down menu for the projectile distribution function which for all weapons is selected as "point." However you can change it horizontal fan but I don't know how to get it to work. It seems to have no effect on the spread of the projectiles. Also tried changing the "distrbution angle" and that also didn't seem to have an effect. Does anyone know how to get it to work?

Halo CE General Discussion » Tag Permissions Problem Jun 13, 2016 01:58 AM (Total replies: 12)

Thanks. I think I figured it out from this topic: http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=48376 . All of my locked files are in AppData/Local/VirtualStore. So I can copy them from there into my tags folder. Then running all of the HEK programs as admin should do the trick. Should of searched the problem b4 posting :p.

Halo CE General Discussion » Tag Permissions Problem Jun 12, 2016 09:27 PM (Total replies: 12)

So ever since i started using kornman I have had trouble with the permissions of the tags I have edited. For example one of my folders looks like this when I open a tag in kornman:

But when I open the same folder in a regular window it looks like this:

I saw a post somewhere on this forum about fixing this, I don't remember what the post said to do but when I followed the instructions the files with the lock symbols would not show in kornman when opening tags. It only fixed the problem of editing NEW tags so that they don't have locks anymore.

I would like to copy those locked tags to another location but when I do the file copies to the new location but the tag is an older version of it and not the newer version that I want.

Is there a way I can fix all the tags with the lock at once because there are many of these scattered around in my tags subfolders.
Edited by ThePolice on Aug 17, 2017 at 04:40 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Question about animations Apr 24, 2016 08:20 PM (Total replies: 4)

I ended up going to the 10th animation, the first-person reload-full and changed the frames from 87 to 60 and it seemed to work in game. It cut the animation short but it doesn't look too bad
Edited by ThePolice on Apr 24, 2016 at 08:21 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Question about animations Apr 22, 2016 06:43 PM (Total replies: 4)

Is there any way to change the speed of a weapon reload animation using just guerilla?

Thanks! This was super easy.

Is there any easy way, using guerilla, to remove the paper-thin trees that are on the cliffs of Timberland?

I tried deleting the shader environments trees_filler and treeclump_filler in the sbsp tag but the map wouldn't compile after that. I also tried making a small 32x32 bitmap to replace the tree bitmaps but it just got stretched out to fit the surface.

Thanks for the help.

I finally got it to work the way I wanted and I found a pretty easy way to do it. In the coll tag for the shield there is a reference for the shield depleted effect. I just changed it to a modifed frag grenade explosion effect with no force, no particles and no damage to players.

I've tried changing the vehicle_collision jpt tag damage and I've also tried messing around in the coll tag of the shield but to no avail.

I also noticed that when you run it over the shields don't actually go down. The physical shield does but the shields for the base are still there because you can shoot it with an AR and the bullets bounce off. But if you run it over and then throw a grenade at it the grenade will take the shields down and the physical shield will reappear.

I noticed that if you run over a shield barrior with a vehicle the shield won't reappear until a new games starts but if you blow it up with a grenade it will apear after 7 seconds. So is there a way to make it reapear after being ran over?

Time: Tue November 19, 2019 4:49 PM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website