A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Renegade Doggie
About Contact
Last Post: Oct 1, 2016 10:16 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
Renegade Doggie has contributed to 3 posts out of 465753 total posts (0.00%) in 675 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Can someone tell me how I did this?! Oct 1, 2016 10:16 PM (Total replies: 0)

I just got back into editing maps again after a small pause and I forgot how to do a few things in Guerrilla.

Assume I have all the tags necessary. I'm also using the OS versions of Guerrilla, tool, sapien etc.

The main thing is, how do I change the biped/hud/starting weapons of the player? I remember I just had to import a certain file that automatically changed the HUD, starting weapons, and even the player biped. It was sort of an all-in-one kind of deal. It was really simple too and convenient.

Second, if I just wanted to say, take the starting level (PoA) and just add in my fancy smhancy HUD, biped, starting weapons, and keep the default H1 gameplay, how would I go about doing that? I'd imagine it would be quite a lengthy process but I've yet to find some kind of tutorial that deals with this.

I already know how to replace existing actors with other actors in multiplayer maps with AI. For example, there's a death island map with flood AI already pre placed and everything. I took the map, extracted everything with HEK, then in Guerilla replaced the H1 flood actors with better and newer H3 flood actors and then I just compiled it. Everything worked perfectly. How would I go about doing this on a singleplayer level, though?

Also, if it helps, I remember that if you replaced an actor with the ones provided in this particular tagset I'm using, if you killed the actor you couldn't pick up their weapons unless you changed your hud/biped so that you could use the weapons.

Thanks for your help :)
Edited by Renegade Doggie on Oct 2, 2016 at 03:05 PM

Oh right, should've been more specific.

Windows 10.

The problem occurs on both OS sapien and vanilla sapien.

I've tested on another PC. Same issue. Same OS.

Quote: --- Original message by: sparky
Seems like possibly a broken or outdated DLL file, or maybe try disabling visual themes and Aero under the program's runtime Properties. Anyway, you'll want to use "a hobo" instead, perhaps:

http://files.galaxyverge.com/hceheksk/resources/a%20hobo%201.02.zip
http://files.galaxyverge.com/hceheksk/resources/Kornman00%20v2.0%20release.zip

Other files: http://files.galaxyverge.com/hceheksk/

I'll check those out for sure. Can they do the same things as sapien, though?
Edited by Renegade Doggie on Apr 20, 2016 at 05:55 PM

edit: Nice dude!! A hobo works perfectly fine. My only concern is that I can't use OS_sapien, unfortunately. But all I'm doing is editing spawns and adding AI, no biggie :)
Edited by Renegade Doggie on Apr 20, 2016 at 06:13 PM

This is a very weird error; I googled everywhere and I couldn't find anyone with the same problem as me. Guerilla and HEK plus work perfectly fine, all the other palettes work fine including the in game view. I've compiled maps and extracted tags and made working maps by replacing tags with guerilla, but every time I try to use Sapien it just crashes.

I've set it to every single compatibility mode and nothing. I've restarted, and nothing. I can't find anyone with the same issue, I need help.

Like the title says, as soon as my mouse hovers over the properties palette, sapien stops responding and crashes. There are no logs at all, which is making this really difficult to solve.

Time: Fri February 23, 2018 11:19 AM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website