A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: inthenameofDT
About Contact
Last Post: May 4, 2016 12:23 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
inthenameofDT has contributed to 4 posts out of 469278 total posts (0.00%) in 1,204 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Able to join servers, but not create them. May 4, 2016 12:23 PM (Total replies: 7)

I played around with it a bit more with the Halo Custom Edition installation itself and left off with it working, which is what initially happened when I ran the update a few days ago. The next time I tried loading it, it didn't work, so hopefully its set now.

Otherwise my disc must be somewhere in my parents basement 700 miles away, so if I have more problems I'll just dish out another $20 and buy a new copy. Didn't realize the Microsoft store would still be selling it. Thanks for all your suggestions, Sparky.

Halo CE General Discussion » Able to join servers, but not create them. May 4, 2016 01:24 AM (Total replies: 7)

Quote: --- Original message by: sparky
OK so here is what you should do to get the game working again:

Remove your installation of Halo Custom Edition and install it again from your CD. Run the game one time, then update it to 1.0.10. Run the game again as its updated version.

Play the game as normal, and if you get a message about an invalid CD key, then install SAPP from xhalo.tk by archiving your strings.dll file and placing the new strings.dll and sapp.dll files inside your Halo Custom Edition folder, overwriting the former strings.dll file. Capitalization of the "strings" or "Strings" does not matter with Windows, since your drive is probably using a case-insensitive directory format.

Download my starting packages and use them, customizing the init files and shortcut "-port" argument and SAPP configuration files. http://incy.galaxyverge.com/dedicated_server_files/halo_custom_edition/templates/SAPP/Halo%20Custom%20Edition.zip

Thanks for your advice, unfortunately I don't have a freakin clue where my disc is. I tried as much of the other stuff as I could using the current install that I have, and nothing changed. I can join servers perfectly, but cannot create my own. Any workaround for not having my disc?

Halo CE General Discussion » Able to join servers, but not create them. May 3, 2016 03:26 PM (Total replies: 7)

Quote: --- Original message by: altis94
Use SAPP http://halo.isimaginary.com/

Is that a file I replace the dedicated server file with? If so, I just tried that and I still can't create my own server.
Edited by inthenameofDT on May 3, 2016 at 03:27 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Able to join servers, but not create them. May 3, 2016 02:59 PM (Total replies: 7)

Hey everyone, as the subject indicates, I am able to join servers just fine but cannot create them. I thought I had this fixed a night or two ago but went to play today and cannot create one, I keep getting an "invalid CD key" message after trying to start one. Any help or advice would be great. I tried searching the forum a bit before posting this, maybe not well enough, but I didn't see an answer. It's been a couple of years since I've played this game, and I updated to the newest patch. Thanks in advance.
Edited by inthenameofDT on May 3, 2016 at 03:19 PM

Time: Sun August 18, 2019 1:49 AM 188 ms.
A Halo Maps Website