A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Eight T Eight
About Contact
Last Post: May 20, 2016 06:57 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
This is a sound test to preload the sounds

Post Statistics
Eight T Eight has contributed to 2 posts out of 469463 total posts (0.00%) in 1,279 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Relay May 20, 2016 06:57 PM (Total replies: 77)

Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer

I agree, but I'm sure that if nobody believed in any religion there would be LESS fanaticism

Maybe, but they'd still find other ways. If not an Islamic State then a Unified Arab State, if not a crusade, then an ethnic cleansing, it seems humanity is drawn to such things. But that's the point isn't it? When you boil it down its human nature, not any sort of belief.

But if religions influence it, I think its worth it to at least have the love and charity that are spread by some of the the better ones. I'm not exactly a bible thumper, but speaking as someone who's been on the receiving end of such charity, I think the good outweighs the bad.

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Relay May 20, 2016 06:20 PM (Total replies: 77)

Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer

Another reason for me not to believe is that religions have led to enough wars, the crusades, the jihad and modern muslim terorrism. If EVERYBODY would stop believing, there would be less conflict on the world, and I'm sure that God will understand that people give up religion to get closer to world peace and he'll forgive everybody for it
Edited by lolslayer on May 20, 2016 at 10:07 AM

I believe you're talking about fanaticism, and even if you removed all religions, (Some of which consider killing in self defense sinful might I add) it'd do little to effect that. Take the Soviet Union for example, they killed over twenty million people in the name of the state. Or look at the numerous wars throughout history waged because one side wanted to exert their "superiority" over the other.

What I'm trying to say is that there's a part of one's nature that inherently leans towards such fanaticism, and if religion isn't a reason for it, somebody can pick out another easily. The best way to combat it isn't "EVERYBODY... stop believing." Its having informed opinions and strong morals on account of them, something that most believers and agnostics I know have.

Just thought I'd add that. Anyway, Sparky, you've got an interesting bit of work here, keep up the good work.

Time: Tue November 19, 2019 2:16 PM 171 ms.
A Halo Maps Website