A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: TCGreflexhammer
About Contact
Last Post: Jul 23, 2016 07:05 PM
Website: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDAhqTUNJjZQVJ5YtBPCa4A
Interests: Level design, Game Design
Your Age: 19
What Games do you play: Halo,Fractured Space, MWO, No Man's Sky, Grid, Dark Souls
"""Quality Content"""

Post Statistics
TCGreflexhammer has contributed to 16 posts out of 464825 total posts (0.00%) in 526 days (.03 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Thanks for the feedback.

If you fight for long enough you will be fighting spartans with the marines.
music and skybox is being worked on but having a little trouble with them.
both the pelicans and dropships come and go from the carrier giving it some purpose.

Thank you for playing it and I'm glad you like it.

If you're referring to the video were in the beginning I spawn killed a group, that was just luck. there are a total of 8 doors they can spawn out of and you can only hold 4 nades total, I have decreased the rate as well as the amount enemies drop them. I will also try and to do something to the turrets so they aren't as over powered. If you have played the map and it still seems like you can nade spam enemies, i'll see what I can do further to decrease nade spamming.

It's fixed now. I'm new to the forms and didn't notice the button. Sorry about that.

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/klmywlolhmchdtk/AAAqivC9-YVIDrrYSqYfxr7Fa?dl=0

Preview Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roHD0RBbKAM (slightly outdated)

This firefight map plays similarly to the classic ODST firefight. This includes procedural waves, a boss wave at the end of every round, enemy dropships and vehicles, and skulls to increase difficulty as you progress, with the addition of two elite honor guards to help you.
Since the gameplay side of things are pretty much done I need some people to test and tell me how the difficulty and rebalancing is. Also with this being my first mod for H:CE any critique would be nice.
In terms of credit, the only thing I made is the map geometry and scripts. All other tags were downloaded from Halo Maps and belong to their creators. Also thanks for those in the form who have helped me with scripting
Edited by TCGreflexhammer on Jul 22, 2016 at 10:52 PM
Edited by TCGreflexhammer on Jul 23, 2016 at 11:25 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » looping audio Jul 21, 2016 07:45 PM (Total replies: 0)

How to I get audio to loop. I'm using this but its stops after one loop

(sound_looping_start levels\b40\music\b40_061 "none" 1)

What would I be doing wrong?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » respawning in single player game? Jul 15, 2016 02:21 PM (Total replies: 7)

I tried building it as a multiplayer level but tool said the cache file was too big. As for the saving check points, tried using the save option in the pause menu but didn't work (or maybe its something I have to setup).

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » respawning in single player game? Jul 14, 2016 02:31 AM (Total replies: 7)

No, like in the firefight map Decent you can respawn and select a loadout. I'd like to do that minus the loadouts of course

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » respawning in single player game? Jul 14, 2016 12:59 AM (Total replies: 7)

how do I get respawning to work in single player. Do I have to do some trickery with teleporting the player and such or is there an option to just turn it on?

I'm currently working on a firefight map and think it would be cool to have the flood Juggernaut as a boss wave.

Looks like this if you don't know what it is.
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/halo/images/2/29/Juggernaut_fight.png/revision/latest?cb=20060731042932

ah thanks is there any way to modify the shield regen?

I'm currently trying to have something set up in single player were if an event happens the players maximum health will be halfed (or just reduced).

(if (= hollow true) (unit_set_maximum_vitality Player0 .5 1))

I thought this might work but it seems the player doesn't count as a unit? also how do I modify the players shield regen

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » How do I compile animations as .JMW Jul 9, 2016 10:38 AM (Total replies: 4)

I'm wanting to do something similar to what is in this tutorial http://www.modacity.net/forums/archive/index.php/t-19218.html
but I cant find anything on compiling animations to JMW. Are there any alternative ways to do whats in the tutorial or do I need to use JMWs.

I've noticed on a few posts and tutorials that you should use portals when using weather or to boost performance but I have no idea on how to do this. Is it something I can do in sapien?

I've followed many tutorials and downloaded a few programs but have had no luck in editing or exporting usable bitmaps (not even gmax will use the already existing bitmaps) . If anyone could link me to a more recent tutorial, program, or add-on for gimp to help with this, that would be very helpful.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Random AI waves - Help Jul 5, 2016 05:51 AM (Total replies: 3)

Thanks for the reply. I've got a questions about the scripting in general. if you have a global variable in one script and change it (lets say a short that was 1 changes to 7) are you then able to use the updated variable in another script or will it end up being its initial value?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Random AI waves - Help Jul 5, 2016 02:44 AM (Total replies: 3)

I'm trying to make a firefight map (as you could probably tell by the title).
Currently I'm using this to spawn the waves.
(global short rng 0)
(global ai currentEncounter null)

(script continuous Set1Round1Spawning

(set rng (random_range 0 2))

(if (= rng 1) (set currentEncounter Set1_Round1_EnGrunt1))
(if (= rng 0) (set currentEncounter Set1_Round1_EnJackal2))

(ai_place currentEncounter)

(sleep_until (= (ai_living_count currentEncounter) 0) 30)
)

But I'm wanting to use something like this
(global short rng 0)
(global ai currentEncounter null)

(script dormant Set1Round1Spawning

(set rng (random_range 0 2))

(if (= rng 1) (set currentEncounter Set1_Round1_EnGrunt1))
(if (= rng 0) (set currentEncounter Set1_Round1_EnJackal2))

(ai_place currentEncounter)
)

(script continuous WaveCheck

(if (<= (ai_living_count currentEncounter) 0) (wake Set1Round1Spawning))
)

I just got into learning scripting today so any help would be appreciated
Edited by TCGreflexhammer on Jul 5, 2016 at 02:44 AM

Time: Tue December 12, 2017 9:11 AM 234 ms.
A Halo Maps Website