A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: razgrizone
About Contact
Last Post: Aug 24, 2016 07:40 PM
Interests:
Your Age: 18
What Games do you play: Halo, Battlefield, Homeworld, Supreme Commander, C&C Renegade, and Planetside 2.
I have no mouth and I must scream

Post Statistics
razgrizone has contributed to 14 posts out of 464306 total posts (0.00%) in 437 days (.03 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Halo CEA weapon tags request Aug 24, 2016 07:40 PM (Total replies: 13)

Quote: --- Original message by: Kinnet
You will need 3ds max tho

Already have it.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo CEA weapon tags request Aug 23, 2016 07:41 PM (Total replies: 13)

Quote: --- Original message by: Kinnet

I could make a tutorial of "how to use any animations with any weapon" so you could properly do it by yourself. the cea ar uses the h3 ar model one anyway.
Edited by Kinnet on Aug 23, 2016 at 12:35 PM

That would be helpful actually.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo CEA weapon tags request Aug 23, 2016 03:44 AM (Total replies: 13)

Quote: --- Original message by: HandofGod
I am using the best anniversary tagset I could find for a project I am working on for Halo MD. Got it from Cono256's bloodgulch mod and have tweaked the shaders for a majority of the weapons. As you said though the needler from haloce3 (which I am also using :/) is not the best but I don't know how to model and limiting myself to a Mac while doing this project has certainly not helped but whatever. I can share what I have with you when I get my tagset sorted if you want.

sure that would be cool, thanks.

I noticed some weird bug or if its just the model itself, the CEA AR from CE3 website seems to shoot out its bullet casings in the wrong area. As you fire, the casings launches from the barrel of the gun, forward, instead of to the side like it should.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo CEA weapon tags request Aug 22, 2016 11:36 AM (Total replies: 13)

Quote: --- Original message by: Jesse

Quote: --- Original message by: razgrizone

Quote: --- Original message by: ThatGuyWhoLikesCats
Does anyone know if there is an available download for the Halo 1 Anniversary weapons?

So far, only ones available for download (in the ce3 website only) is the Assault rifle and the needler.

Don't even bother, most CEA weapon tags I find are sub par and have stereo sound effects which is terrible

Most weapons are really just models from other Halo games. You can rig them onto the FP animations and you'll have the tagset.
Edited by Jesse on Aug 22, 2016 at 09:54 AM

If only I knew how to do that properly. Tried it with a reach assault rifle, but the view keeps messing up.

Do you know any good tutorials on how to do this?

I'd be glad to show you over Teamviewer or something. It's have to be later today though cos of work.

But check out Yoda's video tutorials on getting a weapon in-game. He creates a weapon from scratch, textures, animates it and puts it in-game. It has just about everything you need.
Edited by Jesse on Aug 22, 2016 at 11:03 AM

Will check it out. Thanks.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo CEA weapon tags request Aug 22, 2016 10:53 AM (Total replies: 13)

Does anyone know if there is an available download for the Halo 1 Anniversary weapons?

So far, only ones available for download (in the ce3 website only) is the Assault rifle and the needler.

Don't even bother, most CEA weapon tags I find are sub par and have stereo sound effects which is terrible

Most weapons are really just models from other Halo games. You can rig them onto the FP animations and you'll have the tagset.
Edited by Jesse on Aug 22, 2016 at 09:54 AM

If only I knew how to do that properly. Tried it with a reach assault rifle, but the view keeps messing up.

Do you know any good tutorials on how to do this?

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo CEA weapon tags request Aug 22, 2016 05:17 AM (Total replies: 13)

Thats a shame. So far only the Assault rifle sounds fine. Needler sounds are too loud (and the reload animation is weird as well. The needles pop out in the wrong moment)

Right now im just using tags extracted from a map called "wolves-ambush"

The models themselves are good, but like you said, theres that weird sound effect and reload sounds are way too loud. you can hear the firing sounds as if its close even though its far away. Seems it also bugs out some vanilla sounds as well. Tested it on the silent cartographer, all of a sudden I can constantly hear pelican engine noise.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo CEA weapon tags request Aug 22, 2016 03:05 AM (Total replies: 13)

Halo CE General Discussion » Reach Assault Rifle tag (Halo CE style) Aug 10, 2016 07:12 PM (Total replies: 2)

Quote: --- Original message by: cippozzo
Any ripped one should use the default AR anim, what a mess making new animations.
Though you could link Halo 1 AR's animations to the reach one tag.

"Though you could link Halo 1 AR's animations to the reach one tag."

Any step-by-step tutorials on how to do this?

Halo CE General Discussion » Reach Assault Rifle tag (Halo CE style) Aug 10, 2016 05:28 PM (Total replies: 2)

Is there a Reach Assault Rifle weapon that uses Halo 1 animations available for download? (but using reach weapon sounds). Kinda like how they planned on doing the assault rifle for Halo Anniversary's Assault rifle (before they changed it to the halo 3 version)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1PkUrEggu4&user=HaloWaypoint <--something like this. Basically just the model and sounds for the AR being switched to Reach AR but keeping the halo 1 animations.
Edited by razgrizone on Aug 10, 2016 at 05:29 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Campaign scenario problem Aug 10, 2016 03:23 PM (Total replies: 2)

Thanks, that worked.

Edited by razgrizone on Aug 10, 2016 at 10:12 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Campaign scenario problem Aug 10, 2016 10:37 AM (Total replies: 2)

Every time I turn one of the campaign.scenario tags into a .map there is something off in-game.

For example for the a50.map or mission(truth and reconciliation) The Pelican drops me off way too high and I take fall damage. pelicans that drops off marines drop them off to the side and the marines fall to their death

Another example for B30.map. When I start the mission it shows the intro cutscene with you inside the pelican. The pelican following ends up flying under water. Then both pelicans drops the player and the marines on the wrong spots on the beach (mainly near the pillar thing at the beach)

Can anyone tell me step-by-step on how to fix this? I tried doing that compiling script thing and it didn't work (where you download somefiles then put the script in their respective data folders). Im new to all of this and I just wanna edit the campaign (mainly switch some of the actor-variants around with different ones)
Edited by razgrizone on Aug 10, 2016 at 10:39 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » HEK+ & Sapien Windows 10/Aero friendly? Aug 10, 2016 12:41 AM (Total replies: 5)

Quote: --- Original message by: starscream20
I was wondering if it's possible to NOT have to resort to going into classic theme mode anymore to use this? If so is there a HEK+ or Sapien I am not seeing for download?

Sapien comes with HEK I believe. http://hce.halomaps.org/?nid=412]http://hce.halomaps.org/?nid=412

If you're installing HEK, use the trouble shooter and it will set it to "previous windows version". Make sure some windows features are turned on at your control panel, under programs and features "turn windows features on or off". After that it should install normally.

After installing HEK (and whatever other programs you need it should be fine to run them normally. For HEK+ just use the troubleshooter to figure out the compatibility, should be windows XP service pack 2 otherwise it will crash.

For Sapien, just run it normally without having to use administrative, compatibility, or using core affinity.
Edited by razgrizone on Aug 10, 2016 at 12:41 AM

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
You have to make your own overlays.
Quote: --- Original message by: Some guy whose name was lost through time
First-Person Overlays
Animation Type: JMO (Overlay)
Frame Count: 9 [10 including 0]
Specific Frame Info: Frame 0 - Default Position
Frame 1 - Move Forwards
Frame 2 - Move Backwards
Frame 3 - Move Right
Frame 4 - Move Left
Frame 5 - Look Left
Frame 6 - Look Right
Frame 7 - Look Up
Frame 8 - Look Down
Frame 9 - Fully Automatic Firing

Description: How the weapon reacts to movement. For example,
when you move forwards, the gun lags a bit backwards, when
you move left, the gun lags a bit to the right, when you
look up, the gun points a bit more up.

Already did multiple times. I noticed that if I open the new animation file that I created in 3ds max using the gbx animation importer. The overlay and moving animations can't be imported for some reason (the ones I created) just posts an error and opens up the script for the animation importer. All animation like the first-person firing are fine. For some reason animation that were exported as a jma file can be opened normally.

EDIT: Alright I noticed something weird. Whenever I use the animation importer, JMA animations seems to import normally. For JMO files they mess up (arms are not on right position, weapon is pointed to wherever). I tested this out by importing animations from the Halo 1 AR and other Vanilla weapons. Like I said before, JMA types work, JMO don't.

Edited by razgrizone on Aug 9, 2016 at 06:35 AM

I have a problem. So I tried making myself an fps model view with animations using a downloaded Reach AR tag and the vanilla "Cyborg" fp arms. I used 3ds max 8 to put it all together and for some reason the view, when I try it out in-game, looks like this.
https://s10.postimg.org/cjj807p0p/halo_8_8_2016_9_50_49_pm.jpg (I set the fov to max to see what it looks like, I would have posted the images, but I need 6 more days for that)

Its my first time trying to "mod" something. I was trying make an Assault rifle using Reach AR but keeping the Halo 1 animations. Similar to how Halo anniversary did where they used halo 3 for the assault rifle while keeping the animations. For this one I used the Reach AR.

Im wondering if its something to do the overlay since whenever I open the overlay animations in 3ds, the arms are messed up for reason.
Edited by razgrizone on Aug 9, 2016 at 01:25 AM

Time: Thu October 19, 2017 8:58 AM 782 ms.
A Halo Maps Website