A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: LuciTheAlien
About Contact
Last Post: Nov 18, 2016 06:51 PM
Interests: Based Geek God Provides
Your Age: 20
What Games do you play: Halo CE, Halo CEA, Halo TMCC- & Other assorted goods like KOTOR & TSLRCM.

Post Statistics
LuciTheAlien has contributed to 101 posts out of 464306 total posts (.02%) in 426 days (.24 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Im gonna be "that guy" Nov 18, 2016 06:51 PM (Total replies: 22)

Quote: --- Original message by: EtchyaSketch
Eh, it'd be neat, but the charm of Lumoria really is how it feels like a campaign expansion for Halo 1.

Indeed apart from those awful terminals and the camera spazzing out every so often.

Quote: --- Original message by: SOI_7
Why not bringing it to a different level: make HD OS shaders of the stock models, with normals, high-res textures and speculars? It would give a fresh touch to the mod, and still keep the core gameplay and mood.

That would really be gorgeous. Spectacular.

(Pls give us a version that has text only instead of cringy VA work tho...)
Edited by LuciTheAlien on Nov 18, 2016 at 06:53 PM
Edited by LuciTheAlien on Nov 18, 2016 at 06:56 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » plz help plz Oct 15, 2016 04:31 AM (Total replies: 154)

Quote: --- Original message by: Pepzee
Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
Yet with surprising regularity they fail at the basic life skill of restraint that will help them in the future.

It shouldn't be surprising.

The culture of the United States and other western countries is focused on the individual in the present. Most folks don't care about the consequences of tomorrow, or even realize them. It is even easier on the Internet as your actions are not directly tied to your identity.

It is an interesting discussion to have.

Too interesting for Halo maps. Lol

Halo CE General Discussion » Modern Halo UI.map [WIP] Oct 3, 2016 11:11 AM (Total replies: 110)

Still waitin'

Halo CE General Discussion » SPV3.0.1 Released, first update to SPV3. Oct 1, 2016 11:35 AM (Total replies: 96)

Quote: --- Original message by: Idaho

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Alex
So from what I gathered from the above is that SPV3 is a disappointment and an abomination to the Halo franchise just because SGT Johnson's face is not up to par with expectations and the community is in taters as a result.

That's just great :/

But muh Voldemort face, muh SPv3 team should not have even tried to revamp the graphical style even though it's an overall success, they're amateurs afterall, how dare amateurs provide top notch content with some touch of amateurism in it?!!! How dare do they do what they want with their mod because they also do this for their own enjoyment?!! Heresy! that's unacceptable !! They should be mod making minions that grant every wishes of the community !!!

Your replies are so banal, baseless and misquote me a great deal.

Halo CE General Discussion » SPV3.0.1 Released, first update to SPV3. Sep 29, 2016 03:20 AM (Total replies: 96)

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
TLDR; Bring back TSC:E Team.

Would that even be a possibility at this point?

Halo CE General Discussion » SPV3.0.1 Released, first update to SPV3. Sep 26, 2016 10:23 AM (Total replies: 96)

Quote: --- Original message by: Idaho
Quote: --- Original message by: LuciTheAlien
Also I'd like to say- that SGT Johnson face is nightmarishly bad.
This project would've been better off making Halo 1 versions of weapons that could've existed with the poly-count and textures of the original.
Rather than making a mess by updating textures that shouldn't be and frankly making a lot of the game look very bizarre and inconsistent.

I think a lot of the technically work is fantastic though.

I don't think you quite grasp what SPv3 is all about, all your critics focus on small points of the mod and make it looks like a number 1 issue, that's just stupid...

What's SPV3 about then?

Because it's a mod, and really good mods fit in with the original game- as I said- the technical work is brilliant but artistically it has no consistency and it would be much better if it did.

A sort of expanded edition of Halo CE that still looks like Halo CE.
Probably the best thing you could ever do with Halo Custom Edition realistically.

& I really don't understand some changes such as Johnson's face for instance, we'd be better with the original oh and Cpt-Keyes shoes look like they're made of adamantium for some reason.

Halo CE General Discussion » SPV3.0.1 Released, first update to SPV3. Sep 25, 2016 06:19 PM (Total replies: 96)

Racist.

Really though, his nose is Voldemort tier now.

Halo CE General Discussion » SPV3.0.1 Released, first update to SPV3. Sep 25, 2016 12:27 PM (Total replies: 96)

This project would've been better off making Halo 1 versions of weapons that could've existed with the poly-count and textures of the original.
Rather than making a mess by updating textures that shouldn't be and frankly making a lot of the game look very bizarre and inconsistent.

I think a lot of the technically work is fantastic though.

Halo CE General Discussion » SPV3.0.1 Released, first update to SPV3. Sep 24, 2016 08:14 AM (Total replies: 96)

Quote: --- Original message by: DaLode
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
It's about respecting the people who continue to support this franchise, and the future of the Halo on the PC.

Any self-respecting 343i member would probably just laugh at the meme. They know well enough that they have divided the fanbase.

Absolutely.

At least Halo Wars 2 has Creative Assembly, it's faithful to the old artstyle and doesn't have Brian Reed. So that might be the first decent Halo game we've had in seven years at this point.

Halo CE General Discussion » Installation 01 (Halo Fan Game) Thread Sep 12, 2016 08:44 AM (Total replies: 490)

Quote: --- Original message by: StormUndBlackbird
Yes, let's try and lock this thread that Bean surely didn't put the time and effort in to keep it sober.

Then I propose no one comment on this thread without a query or comment relating to the topic from here on in, that is if they can control themselves long enough to stop fighting like children.

Halo CE General Discussion » Installation 01 (Halo Fan Game) Thread Sep 11, 2016 07:25 PM (Total replies: 490)

Quote: --- Original message by: DaLode
Opinions can never be wrong. There is absolutely no discussion about that.
They can however be justified by misinformation.

Dis

Halo CE General Discussion » halo 5 ripz Sep 11, 2016 11:11 AM (Total replies: 42)

And this is why I don't like working with people.

Because they hoard shlt for them selves and make you drool for it.

Can you get off on other peoples frustration?

It's pathetic IMO, not a fan of hoarding myself.

Halo CE General Discussion » New Halo Games Coming To PC Confirmed?!?! Sep 10, 2016 12:40 PM (Total replies: 53)

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Alex
So the H5 Forge released. Thoughts?

The Forge itself is excellent, the app being always online isn't- it creates a server if you so much as load Forge which means if it crashes so does your map.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Sep 10, 2016 07:51 AM (Total replies: 12103)

Nah I'm good, I'm just using another UI for the time being that lets me access the campaign directly.

Too bad about the very, very few and far between creations on the this site that are good and the only way to access them in a direct UI is to wade through tons of garbage in the UUI.

I'm not going to change my mind about this, nor stop mentioning it.
I'll only stop when it becomes irrelevant.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Sep 9, 2016 07:55 PM (Total replies: 12103)

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
It works for the maps it supports and of the 60,000+ that have downloaded it you are the only one to complain. Go fix it yourself if it's that big an issue and stop crying about it.

Lol, I will not lower my standards.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Sep 8, 2016 06:36 PM (Total replies: 12103)

Quote: --- Original message by: Jesse
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
Also I'd like to ask, similar to Lumoria will this have it's own UI Map once it's complete?

The UUI wasn't out when Lumoria came out.

I'm aware of this fact, I still think CMT should come with it's own standalone anyway.

The UUI is so good though. If we make our own UI/UUI, will it needlessly (compete?) with the current one?

And to be quite honest, currently none of us at CMT are capable of even creating one. I'm probably the best one for it, but I can only manage to make edits and replace bitmaps.

Apart from all the garbage and in some cases outright broken content advertised in it, yeah- it's close to perfect.

Halo CE General Discussion » New Halo Games Coming To PC Confirmed?!?! Sep 5, 2016 02:24 PM (Total replies: 53)

Quote: --- Original message by: TheMadDoctor

Having more halo ported would always be good. I wonder if I can make a gametype intentionally less accessible to controller users by having the game play more like quake with a faster default speed and no weapons with homing capabilities and minimal hitscan weapons on the map.

You could but honestly I use a controller for everything and probably always will.

Halo CE General Discussion » New Halo Games Coming To PC Confirmed?!?! Sep 4, 2016 01:57 PM (Total replies: 53)

I really hope this is a result of microsoft being aware that there are no less than 3 fan made multiplayer halo projects being worked on from the ground up on PC. Glassed, project contingency, and instalation 01. I don't mind that its just forge and custom games, because I heard the campaign is the lowest point in the series, and really couldn't care less about warzone.

I feel there are a lot of misconceptions about how H5's mp works but I will say they need a new head writer, because H5 story was just bland, not bad but purely bland.

Personally I think every Halo game should be available on PC regardless of quality.
I'd love modders to touch up Halo Anniversary for instance, the ported Cortana model being the most egregious for example.

Quality of a PC port is pretty important. I'm a little bit fearful of their UWP api. But I would be a bit more forgiving if they release editing tools for singleplayer to go with it.

I agree but I think you misunderstand, I meant every game regardless of what people may think of them eg Halo 5: Guardians, despite what I mentioned about the lead writer.

Halo CE General Discussion » Installation 01 (Halo Fan Game) Thread Sep 4, 2016 10:20 AM (Total replies: 490)

Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator

Quote: --- Original message by: HyperLuke
Quote: --- Original message by: TheChunkierBean
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6k19u_cqFA

Enjoy the ViDoc!

This looks incredible, I'm glad you decided to go with a classic Halo style of combat.

Also will you change the name of it? Installation 01 just doesn't sound right.

It's miles better than SVP3 or several names of community made content.

its shytt, it has COD mechanics... dont compare anything if you didnt play it. also spv3 works with an old engine. i have this build https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oehVmUDrmf4 of the game. the balance sucks and feels like cod.
kill your self and play call of halo 5

Edited by Halonimator on Sep 4, 2016 at 10:07 AM

1. WTF- are you talking about, I never mentioned Halo 5 in this topic.

2. It's not worth my time to explain how wrong you are, Halo Reach and H4 are more akin to COD than Halo 5.

Quote: --- Original message by: Tech
SPV3

Haha yes, my mistake.

Halo CE General Discussion » New Halo Games Coming To PC Confirmed?!?! Sep 4, 2016 08:27 AM (Total replies: 53)

I really hope this is a result of microsoft being aware that there are no less than 3 fan made multiplayer halo projects being worked on from the ground up on PC. Glassed, project contingency, and instalation 01. I don't mind that its just forge and custom games, because I heard the campaign is the lowest point in the series, and really couldn't care less about warzone.

I feel there are a lot of misconceptions about how H5's mp works but I will say they need a new head writer, because H5 story was just bland, not bad but purely bland.

Personally I think every Halo game should be available on PC regardless of quality.
I'd love modders to touch up Halo Anniversary for instance, the ported Cortana model being the most egregious for example.

Time: Thu October 19, 2017 8:58 AM 812 ms.
A Halo Maps Website