A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Railgun
About Contact
Last Post: Sep 12, 2016 12:53 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
Railgun has contributed to 11 posts out of 469462 total posts (0.00%) in 1,178 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » BigAss Updates [REQ] Sep 12, 2016 12:53 AM (Total replies: 16)

It's done! Thanks for your help.

Halo CE General Discussion » Man Cannons in Halo CE like Halo 3 Sep 2, 2016 10:54 AM (Total replies: 13)

Quote: --- Original message by: The Master
What do you mean?

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Man_Cannon

Theses things they apply force to the player in the direction that the cannon is pointing.

Eg. Get cannon direction and apply force to the player controller in that direction.

Quote: --- Original message by: HyperSean
Ask Fubih/Silent Warrior about the man cannons and he lifts he made for Aerial, iirc he used modified ladders to make his

I don't see Aerial in Halo CE Maps?

Halo CE General Discussion » Man Cannons in Halo CE like Halo 3 Sep 2, 2016 04:48 AM (Total replies: 13)

I donít know if this is the proper place to ask but has anyone manage to get Man Cannons working like in Valhalla Or Guardian?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » BigAss Updates [REQ] Aug 30, 2016 08:21 AM (Total replies: 16)

So. What your saying is "It was just a prank bro" Why would you do that.

Halo CE General Discussion » Bigass V3 Aug 29, 2016 05:24 PM (Total replies: 19)

Well, The story was terrible in the second film but that doesn't mean you can't reference to material within it like technology, ideals, etc and denying yourself that then you limiting your pallet of usable materials in your own work.

As for being blackmailed into paying his patron, I don't want to do that. He stated clearly that he would only add some of the suggestions in my request thread. As for my request thread that's just a general request to anyone that is able to do it.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » BigAss Updates [REQ] Aug 29, 2016 04:44 PM (Total replies: 16)

What him begging for money? Absolutely. Parton isn't suppose to be used like that, Your suppose to want to donate not be forced into doing so.

Halo CE General Discussion » Bigass V3 Aug 29, 2016 09:04 AM (Total replies: 19)

Hey! I just posted a topic on updating your map but i didn't know you were still working on this.

http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=49708
Edited by Railgun on Aug 29, 2016 at 05:17 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » 10 years Aug 29, 2016 08:18 AM (Total replies: 10)

Some of here, Remember a time before extinction when our only experience was blood gulch modded for the first.

Still it's good to know this site is still running and intact.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » BigAss Updates [REQ] Aug 29, 2016 06:50 AM (Total replies: 16)

Dude, Theses things take time.

I'm already doing paint overs and it would be better if i could get a top down shot of the map but in-game shots will have to do.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » BigAss Updates [REQ] Aug 29, 2016 05:40 AM (Total replies: 16)

Yeah. I don't understand.

This has nothing to do with fast food.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » BigAss Updates [REQ] Aug 29, 2016 05:15 AM (Total replies: 16)

Hi!

Could someone do me a favor and update the following map? I'd like someone to add some new vehicles and weapons to it from some other maps and the game itself.

Here's a list.

Vehicle List

Both sides need Banshees at the back of their bases on a concrete plate.
-Must be destroyable

Remove extra trees if they become a problem with the banshee.

Both sides, Need a ghost opposite to the placement of the mongoose, probably in the center near the truck?
-Must be destroyable

Revenant, Two of theses will need to be littered around the map similar to tanks already in the map or the rockets warthog.
-Must be destroyable

Thirdly add a Gauss turret and extend the helipad for it as a base defense.
-Must be destroyable

*Optional But not Necessarily required*

Pelican, Place it on the other side of the banshee pad on its own pad.
- Must have machine gun turret at the back like halo 2 but offset so that people can get into the back of it with ease.
- Remove a line of sets to offset it.
-Must be destroyable

Elephant, If at all possible replace the truck with this if it isn't then place it outside
Troop Transport
-Remove the crane arm and make it so that its armored like the ODST variant but has some stairs from inside to access the gun on top.
- It will also need to close and open ramps if the driver presses mouse 1 and mouse 1 again.
-Must be destroyable

Hornet, Place it next to the banshee on another pad.
-Must be destroyable

Weapon List

Beam Rifles, Placement is on hills just as the focus rifles are but more plenty.

Spike Grenades, Throughout the map.

Flame Thrower, Placement is the civilian hut thing on the second level.
- Flame thrower hog meets this requirement if your feeling "creative"

Railgun, Placement is the area's that the rocket launchers are.

Sticky Detonator replace the assault rifles in the rocket hog locations.

Focus Rifle, Two on each side of the map on hills.

Plasma Pistol ability to disable vehicles for a short time.

In terms of map redesign.

Map Edits

If your finding that there's too much clutter in and around the base's I'd recommend hollowing out a space that connects to the truck tunnel as that basically serves no function beyond aesthetics.

Design for this can be as simple as a large cube space with a high enough roof and ramp to allow for ground based vehicles to exit and enter the base and would add some interesting game-play to the map as it would basically have access to the road.

Note that the Manis mech wouldn't be able to use this space as its height while standing that's assuming you add it as in my past mapping experience mechs don't work great in CE.

*Optional But not Necessarily required*

Theses next few ideas, I've got doubts but they may be interesting just the same to explore in terms of gameplay.

Extinction, I'd like see that walking metal box from extinction or coldsnap but remove its ablity to nuke and replace it with the function that the focus rifle has because it fire a massive continuous laser blast until it overheats may be more interesting rather than instant death for anything for miles around.

You'll also want to update the model and strip out the extra seats as they serve no function what so ever..

Something that may be a good choice for the vehicle bay is possibility adding a panic shield like Yoyorast Island v2 to the ramp and giving it health.

Edit:

Sorry about the delay, Had to scrap my original paintovers and use Paint.
http://imgur.com/a/RiqT2
Edited by Railgun on Aug 29, 2016 at 09:04 AM
Edited by Railgun on Aug 30, 2016 at 08:39 AM
Edited by Railgun on Aug 30, 2016 at 08:40 AM

Time: Tue November 19, 2019 6:29 AM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website