A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: TheMadDoctor
About Contact
Last Post: Sep 16, 2016 12:07 PM
Interests: Games, and animation, also hopefullly software development
Your Age:
What Games do you play: Favs are Deus Ex, Half Life, Star Wars: Jedi Outcast, and Halo CE.
Love others to be loved

Post Statistics
TheMadDoctor has contributed to 9 posts out of 469458 total posts (0.00%) in 1,172 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] SOI's SIngleplayer Adventure Sep 16, 2016 12:07 PM (Total replies: 246)

I assume its incredibly difficult (if not outright impossible) to implement a secondary fire that runs exclusively to that weapon with its own ammo pool without taking out the standard grenade functionality. Also I really like the way the design of this mod draws from deleted content and older artwort. You'll find that the needler is directly modeled after a older halo CE concept design. That type of thing through the mod is thoroughly the biggest appeal to me from the mod.

Quote: --- Original message by: HyperLuke
This is literally just a swap of the weapons models and textures. It is not funny by any means.

Comedy is subjective. What might not be funny for you may as well be hilarious to other people.

Halo CE General Discussion » New Halo Games Coming To PC Confirmed?!?! Sep 6, 2016 12:35 AM (Total replies: 53)

Maybe I could make the gametype using only marathon counterparts of weapons. Pistol, smg, assault rifle/plasma caster, plasma rifle (alien weapon), maybe the plasma pistol (fusion pistol). Of course the flamethrower would be nice but got nothing since halo 3.

Halo CE General Discussion » New Halo Games Coming To PC Confirmed?!?! Sep 5, 2016 02:40 AM (Total replies: 53)

Having more halo ported would always be good. I wonder if I can make a gametype intentionally less accessible to controller users by having the game play more like quake with a faster default speed and no weapons with homing capabilities and minimal hitscan weapons on the map.
Edited by TheMadDoctor on Sep 5, 2016 at 02:50 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » New Halo Games Coming To PC Confirmed?!?! Sep 4, 2016 10:54 AM (Total replies: 53)

Quote: --- Original message by: LuciTheAlien
Quote: --- Original message by: TheMadDoctor
I really hope this is a result of microsoft being aware that there are no less than 3 fan made multiplayer halo projects being worked on from the ground up on PC. Glassed, project contingency, and instalation 01. I don't mind that its just forge and custom games, because I heard the campaign is the lowest point in the series, and really couldn't care less about warzone.

I feel there are a lot of misconceptions about how H5's mp works but I will say they need a new head writer, because H5 story was just bland, not bad but purely bland.

Personally I think every Halo game should be available on PC regardless of quality.
I'd love modders to touch up Halo Anniversary for instance, the ported Cortana model being the most egregious for example.

Quality of a PC port is pretty important. I'm a little bit fearful of their UWP api. But I would be a bit more forgiving if they release editing tools for singleplayer to go with it.
Edited by TheMadDoctor on Sep 4, 2016 at 10:55 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » New Halo Games Coming To PC Confirmed?!?! Sep 4, 2016 12:35 AM (Total replies: 53)

I really hope this is a result of microsoft being aware that there are no less than 3 fan made multiplayer halo projects being worked on from the ground up on PC. Glassed, project contingency, and instalation 01. I don't mind that its just forge and custom games, because I heard the campaign is the lowest point in the series, and really couldn't care less about warzone.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 5 forge and custom games coming to PC Sep 3, 2016 06:35 AM (Total replies: 8)

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Gah!

This is he 4th or 5th thread of it's kind.

Plz.

Halo 5 is coming to pc as a market strategy.

Not for the playerz.

Well you can argue that appealing to people that ask for things for a really long time is, in itself, a market strategy.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 5 forge and custom games coming to PC Sep 3, 2016 04:31 AM (Total replies: 8)

It may be another baby step but at least its a step. I think a discord group would be appropiate for custom matches and forge.

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] SOI's SIngleplayer Adventure Sep 2, 2016 06:19 AM (Total replies: 246)

has anyone else tried running the game in safe mode until they get past the bsp transition on a30? Because it crashes for me there until I just switched to safe mode and then switch back after it saved. Also I'm curious to know what's with the carrier form design. I'm not sure why the green fins are there. Also hi.

Time: Sun November 17, 2019 3:48 AM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website