A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Vuthakral
About Contact
Last Post: Dec 27, 2018 12:53 PM
Interests:
Your Age: 21
What Games do you play:
Ima Dergon

Post Statistics
Vuthakral has contributed to 7 posts out of 469376 total posts (0.00%) in 1,111 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Vuthakral's Tagset Dec 27, 2018 12:53 PM (Total replies: 12)

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
I like moar hexagons on my covenant

Already got you covered, https://sketchfab.com/models/9a8f7f2c326b449db781e8082f593691

(Nothing else on my sketchfab account, while halo related, currently has anything to do with this tagset.)

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Vuthakral's Tagset Dec 26, 2018 10:09 PM (Total replies: 12)

Quote: --- Original message by: Pabeung
Bro, I could sat next to a computer for 5 minutes and a create tagset beyond Zteam levels that's how much of a straightup god I am but I don't brag about it.

1) You just did
2) Do it then. Make something which plays well, is fun to play for the hundredth time, doesn't rely on gimmicks, and puts emphasis on player-driven gameplay elements rather than predetermined outcomes.

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Vuthakral's Tagset Dec 26, 2018 01:50 PM (Total replies: 12)

Quote: --- Original message by: Pabeung
rant

You know, I really can't even begin to respond to this without making a giant wall of text to point out everything you said being honestly based off assumption, and not factual content about this project.

Assumptions: These are modified tags, I slammed my name on them, I named it with myself in it for personal reasons, I act like I did the animations

Now let me explain all of these briefly.

- "Modified tags": I can't blame people for this assumption due to lack of viewable material, but it's not the case. I've ported or created about 90-95% of the assets in this pack myself, with the only exclusions being some detail maps & cubemaps people have sent to me back when this project was in it's early stages, animations, and whomever was responsible for porting the CEA HUD originally, which is where my HUD started from.
- "I slammed my name on the tags": Nope. Though I guess you could call me on a technicality because I did put them in a root folder called "Vuthakral" but I only really did that because I needed somewhere to put my tags instead of a giant mess.
- "I named hte project with myself in it for personal reasons": Again, nope. I'm just terrible at making up names. A few ideas I had for it were all cringy or super generic such as "Halo Combat Remixed", "Halo Universal" or god forbid if I went with "Unihalo" that was suggested during a voice conversation as a unicorn joke.
- "Act like I'm the one who made the animations." - Not intentional / nope. Though that being said it's not like anyone aside from Bungie originally "made" them regardless. These animation tags were hot garbage when I first got them though. There were no footstep sound setups, a lot of animations weren't compiled properly (a lot of which are still in need of being fixed but arent critical problems for gameplay). I never tried to "act like I did it", but I'll be damned if I've seen anyone actually fix these things.

As for the last part about this being a stale concept: You miss the intention because of previous assumptions. I won't be able to convince you with words so I ask you'll have some patience to wait for the day I feel comfortable showing off the actual gameplay. There's been a few test games run already. The feel and gameplay are my biggest priorities and is why there's not much available to really see publicly right now, because the visual development is taking a backseat, but hopefully not for too much longer.

Quote: --- Original message by: Nickster5000
Looks like he took this tagset and cleaned it visually & balanced for multiplayer use... sounds like some tedious guerilla work that I donít want to do.
Edited by Nickster5000 on Dec 26, 2018 at 01:32 PM

^ This. Aside from the hint of just taking tags from somewhere else. Again, I made all my tags from the ground up. The amount of time spent in Guerilla is immeasurable compared to actual time spent playing it in test sessions with about a dozen people.

Iím also sure itís in one directory... do you know how hard it is to move a bunch of tags & references into one directory???

Not sure if this was irony or not. Like I said in response to his post, I did create the high majority of everything being used in my tagset.

Iím going to download it and give it a shot when it comes out. Good work man.

tyvm

edit: my brain skipped some stuff when I was typing past the 90-95% statement
Edited by Vuthakral on Dec 26, 2018 at 01:53 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Vuthakral's Tagset Dec 26, 2018 09:55 AM (Total replies: 12)

I've never posted with formatting on this site, please forgive any errors.

Vuthakral's Tagset

I'll be keeping this OP mostly clean text-only information, as I'm mostly making this thread as a way to post updates/progress, ask for opinions, etc. I have a "main post" which will fully detail everything about my tagset, it's goals, design, etc over on OpenCarnage. https://opencarnage.net/index.php?/topic/7340-vuthakrals-tagset/

What is it?
My tagset, which I just call "VTS" for short, is a complete set of weapons, vehicles, and bipeds intended for multiplayer use. There's nothing stopping you from using anything here in singleplayer though, obviously.

What's different about this from every other tagset most people make?
My goal with my tagset is to create an experience that feels a bit different to normal Halo Custom Edition, by taking some elements and ideas of later Halo games, and implementing them in a way that complements how Halo Custom Edition actually plays, instead of just shoving it into the engine without consideration of how it will affect the gameplay.

Pictures/videos can be found in the OP of the OpenCarnage thread linked above.
(This is because I can't quite find any sort of embedded image cropping in this formatting system, sorry.)

Bipeds
Spartan:
- Fully set up Halo 3 animation setup with all weapon & vehicle animation sets setup and ready to use out of the box
- AbiSV's incredibly well-made "Halo 3 Anniversary Master Chief" model

Sangheili:
- See above about animation setups
- New model

Weapons
Human:
- Assault Rifle
- BR55HB Battle Rifle
- M7T (M7 Tactical) SMG
- M6G Magnum
- DMR
- SRS99D-AM Sniper Rifle
- M90A Shotgun
- SPNKr Rocket Launcher

Covenant:
- Plasma Rifle
- Plasma Pistol
- Covenant Carbine
- Heretic Carbine
- Needle Rifle
- Needler
- Beam Rifle
- Spiker
- Mauler
- Fuel Rod

Vehicles
- MG Warthog
- Gauss Warthog
- Troop Transport Warthog
- Heavy Shade Turret
- Mongoose
- Ghost
- Spectre
- Revenant
- Banshee
- Mortar Wraith
- Scorpion Tank

Things which havent quite made the cut in development which might come back into play later
- Covenant grenade launcher type weapon (Effective, but boring to use, and not fun to fight against.)
- AA Wraith (It's usage is too specific)
- Chopper (CE's netcode.)
- Multiple variants of assault rifles (The inclusion of a scoped SMG makes these redundant.)

A few included files which tag/map makers might find helpful
I've also been keeping a sort of "documentation" as I work on and create my tagset to make it less of a hassle for people downloading it to learn all it's terminology, number indexes, etc. These include (and are currently subject to change):

Bipeds.txt:
- All of the animation prefixes in every biped included with VTS (As well as listing what type they are. E.g. rifle, pistol, support high/low, etc). This includes vehicle animation definitions, etc.
- List of all the markers on the models (just to save you time of manually opening and going through the gbxmodel)

Strings.txt:
- hud_item_messages & hud_icon_messages string index numbers
(Also just noting here, there are strings for things I have no plan to include in my tagset. I just did this to save people work of editing my strings.)

Weapons.txt:
- Includes a list of number indexes for the weapon reticles.
- Marker list for every weapon model that has more markers than flashlight/triggers.
- How to set up the zoom levels/binoculars if you want to re-enable them for offline usage. (Seriously, don't use these online. The firing descope won't sync. I've tried everything.)

This documentation will likely be converted to an html setup with visuals when the project is finished.

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Apr 3, 2018 02:30 PM (Total replies: 14974)

Oh no, not another battle rifle model.

Been trying to put some time aside to finish the UVs on this and texture it before posting about it, but at this rate that was almost two months ago, so I don't think I'm going to have the time to finish this model for a while.
Edited by Vuthakral on Apr 3, 2018 at 02:30 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » The Problems With the Halo CE Community Oct 2, 2016 12:25 AM (Total replies: 62)

Quote: --- Original message by: Tech
>Taking Halomaps Seriously

>Taking anything on the internet seriously

Halo CE General Discussion » The Problems With the Halo CE Community Oct 1, 2016 01:08 PM (Total replies: 62)

Quote: --- Original message by: HyperLuke
- Discord Servers:
Again, I'm not gonna call out names, but there have dozens upon dozens of time where people have been doing the things above repeatedly, and Admins have done nothing to stop them. There has been times where I have been banned from discord groups where the admin couldn't tell me what I did wrong, yet repeated offenders and literal trolls don't get the treatment they deserve. Sparky's server is getting good at this, but their is another which I won't say the name of which desperately needs some improvement.

Edited by HyperLuke on Oct 1, 2016 at 02:11 AM

I still have the screenshots of all the temper tantrums, harassment, name calling, and etc that you've done, and any of them posted here would likely get me banned. Also "Admins have done nothing to stop them." Is this why you've been unbanned from Sparky's server three times, and users who were "unfairly attacking" you on the server were banned? AKA the server admin doing his job?

Time: Wed October 16, 2019 11:55 AM 171 ms.
A Halo Maps Website