A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: ButterSquare
About Contact
Last Post: Nov 23, 2016 12:00 PM
Interests: Video Games, Movies
Your Age: 19
What Games do you play: Halo CE, Halo 2 Vista, Jedi Academy
baby picholo

Post Statistics
ButterSquare has contributed to 5 posts out of 469343 total posts (0.00%) in 1,031 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

I have got the tool working and got the map to build, but when ever I load the game the main menu doesn't have either the multiplayer or the campaign.

I used the ui.map from the original Halo Combat Evolved so it would have the Campaign option.
then I Opened the tag UI\shell\main_menu\main_menu_select_list.ui_widget_definition
and removed the multiplayer item and I did not touch the campaign item but when I build the map and load the game neither of the options show up.

What errors am I making?
I followed the videos and the advice I was given.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Help with using tool.exe Nov 21, 2016 03:35 PM (Total replies: 1)

I am trying to make a ui map without the multiplayer option. I am getting issues when I try using the tool.exe.

These are the errors I am getting. Is there someone out there that would help me figure out how to solve my problems.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition>tool build-cache-file
levels\ui\levels\ui\ui
Couldn't read map file './toolbeta.map'
file_open('tags\sky\sky_ui\sky_ui.sky') error 0x00000003 'The system cannot find
the path specified. '
couldn't open sky tag 'sky_ui.sky'.
file_open('tags\scenery\halo\halo.scenery') error 0x00000003 'The system cannot
find the path specified. '
couldn't open scenery tag 'halo.scenery'.
failed to load scenario tag 'levels\ui\levels\ui\ui'
file_open('tags\sky\sky_ui\sky_ui.sky') error 0x00000003 'The system cannot find
the path specified. '
couldn't open sky tag 'sky_ui.sky'.
file_open('tags\scenery\halo\halo.scenery') error 0x00000003 'The system cannot
find the path specified. '
couldn't open scenery tag 'halo.scenery'.
failed to load scenario tag 'levels\ui\levels\ui\ui'
need to get the following tags:
sky\sky_ui\sky_ui.sky
scenery\halo\halo.scenery

### FAILED TO LOAD SCENARIO.

Cache pack file bitmaps hits: 0 for 0.00M
Cache pack file bitmaps adds/misses: 0 for 0.00M
Cache pack file sounds hits: 0 for 0.00M
Cache pack file sounds adds/misses: 0 for 0.00M
Cache pack file loc hits: 0 for 0.00M
Cache pack file loc adds/misses: 0 for 0.00M

from what I have read online I should just need to get the tags
sky\sky_ui\sky_ui.sky
scenery\halo\halo.scenery
and my problems should be solved or is there a different issue I am not seeing?
I would greatly appreciate any assistance.

I followed everything recommended but I am having issues using the Tool to build the map. Is there anything I should read or watch to further understand this? Is there someone out there that would make a video showing what to do? I would greatly appreciate that kind of assistance.

I hope it is possible, the UI without the campaign is what made me think it is possible.
I am going to keep trying but I would greatly appreciate any assistance from someone who knows more about this kind of change.

Hello, first of all I apologize if I am misusing the forum but I have a question I would really appreciate an answer to.

I want to make a ui.map that doesn't have the option for multiplayer. Is making this even possible? I have been looking at all the different resources I could find for making a custom UI map but I couldn't find anything talking about how to change the options on the main menu.

Again i apologize if I am breaking a rule or creating a duplicate topic but I would appreciate help on this subject.

Time: Sun September 15, 2019 2:37 AM 188 ms.
A Halo Maps Website