A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: CHRISPOCALYP5E
About Contact
Last Post: Mar 19, 2017 07:33 PM
Website: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvJI8o9JVYs0YZ9NvINtoLQ
Interests: Gaming and modding
Your Age: Classified
What Games do you play: Just about everything on Xbox and Halo and Fallout on PC for modding purposes
You've Encountered Another LASO Master!

Post Statistics
CHRISPOCALYP5E has contributed to 48 posts out of 461590 total posts (.01%) in 64 days (.75 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] SOI's SIngleplayer Adventure Mar 19, 2017 07:33 PM (Total replies: 245)

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Quote: --- Original message by: CHRISPOCALYP5E
We're all real fans because we play Halo. Some fans just don't posses the same knowledge about the lore or have played every Halo game. If that's the case I highly suggest you do play all the games guys.

Anyway, let me just say... C10... 343 Guilty Spark... That custom mini cutscene with that marine in that dark room...

...WHAT THE HELL?! Now that was disgustingly creepy. Loved it.

It took heavy inspiration from Aliens 2 though.....

I'm aware of the inspirations but Halo needs that creepy cringe factor. When I first played Halo 3 and saw that marine turn into a flood on Floodgate my god was that sickenly awesome. People talk about CE's 343 Guilty Spark freaking them out? I played it when I was a young kid, it didn't effect me one bit but this now two decades later? Wow... Creepy.

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] SOI's SIngleplayer Adventure Mar 19, 2017 07:28 PM (Total replies: 245)

Now now people we're all real fans because we play Halo. Some fans just don't posses the same knowledge about the lore nor have played every Halo game. If that's the case I highly suggest you do play all the games though so you understand an average amount of the lore.

Anyway, let me just say... C10... 343 Guilty Spark... That custom mini cutscene with that lone marine in that dark room...

...WHAT THE HELL?! Now that was disgustingly creepy. Loved it.
Edited by CHRISPOCALYP5E on Mar 19, 2017 at 07:30 PM

This is a great idea, I can see how this would work in 1st person. Pretty interesting. Are you making a themed mod or 1st person remake of the entire campaign?

As for tags, Combat Evolved or Reach tags would be appropriate given the timeline (and obviously tags that are available floating around the web).

OR... Or... Given the Blur cutscenes, upon close observation some weapons may be mistaken for Halo 3 assets due to some aspects but the cutscenes set a slightly different atmosphere compared to actual gameplay so I guess pick your poison? Personally I'd go with the Combat Evolved tags, hell even if you could get your hands on Anniversary tags that would be even better. That's just a reference though to fill asset voids but you can try custom tags, it's harder but it can work.

OR... Before anyone else mentions it... CMT tags.
Edited by CHRISPOCALYP5E on Mar 19, 2017 at 07:39 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » HALO WARS 2 is it worth getting, do to win 10? Mar 15, 2017 06:07 PM (Total replies: 26)

G'day people.

In my opinion:

HW2 looks nice and the story feels like your typical Halo story, it's great plus, apparently this game also fills the void between Halo 5 and 6 so if your deep into the Halo story, this game is worth every $.

As for multiplayer, Firefight is the only thing that seems fresh and fun otherwise it's the same old stuff, a bit buggy too but hey we got to get used to bugs these days in this era of gaming.

EDIT: Blitz. Well you just spawn units with 'cards' rather than at a base. It's like virtual Pokemon or YuGiOh with a Halo theme, the cool thing is unlike REQ cards, in this game you keep them permanently. The bad thing is if your playing with people who have bottomless pockets, well you know how that goes...
Edited by CHRISPOCALYP5E on Mar 15, 2017 at 06:13 PM

So after getting a little bored of Custom Edition I finally decided to try that Halo Online thing by El Dorito? El Burrito? Anyway... Although it was interesting with the whole forge tag injection thing (honestly, that and exiting the game would freeze my entire machine).

WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT ABOMINATION OF A GLORIFIED MOD?!

It was so buggy, so ugly and so dodgy. It felt like I was testing some game that was in its earliest development stages.

What did you guys think about it? That is if anyone even bothered since they already knew prior that it was garbage.

I feel dirty I need to change back into my Custom Edition outfit...
Edited by CHRISPOCALYP5E on Mar 8, 2017 at 04:24 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Mar 7, 2017 04:52 PM (Total replies: 11225)

Curious question for some of you older community vets.

What is the actual custom content to rehash/port ratio?

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Mar 7, 2017 04:27 PM (Total replies: 11908)

Ok I just want to share an insight from a LASO master here...

When I want to enjoy a casual stroll on normal through CMT SPV3 it feels almost as brutal as legendary.

There is something in SPV3 that feels a little overwhelming. I can't tell if it is just the damage output, certain weapons, certain actors BUT SOMETHING feels like it makes the campaign a little overwhelming...
Edited by CHRISPOCALYP5E on Mar 7, 2017 at 04:32 PM

Quote: --- Original message by: Alex
HaloNoobModder117 all over again.

Probably the funniest, somewhat irrelevant post here. Sorry to burst your bubble but sadly I can read and comprehend and that dude was arguing with users over tags. Just stop being so obnoxious. Okay, back to relevance.

This poor soul is suffering the wrath of this community's salty elitist, basement dweller trolls who can't accept new comers and are afraid of the next generation.

Sorry mate don't know why you bothered here, anything other than kissing one of the golden children's rear ends will award you with hate. There are more civilised, serious communities out there. If you want to actually get some helpful info or recruit, go post on some actual Halo/Xbox based forums or even assemble a team off of a Halo game if you chat with some people (I met a lot in the MCC, not surprisingly they steer clear of this joint). Sadly you wont get anywhere with these people. They've probably been sitting on Custom Edition since the dawn of it and need to satisfy their big grunty thirst with port mods since they probably can't play a Xbox and its exclusive Halo games not available to them...

Let's see how many of you get triggered by this reality check, a check some of you obviously can't handle. Just take a look at the rubbish some of you post.
Edited by CHRISPOCALYP5E on Mar 7, 2017 at 04:49 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » actor colors in single player Mar 5, 2017 11:10 PM (Total replies: 5)

Funny when I found out how to change the grunt's colour I went crazy making around 20 unique bipeds with various colours. I tried to figure out giving each of them unique abilities. I ran out of ideas after the 5th one.

Too bad all bipeds aren't as easy to change as the grunt... I'm Looking at you elite...
Edited by CHRISPOCALYP5E on Mar 5, 2017 at 11:11 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Adjutant tutorials? Mar 5, 2017 10:58 PM (Total replies: 9)

Don't you love it when you solve your problems and or ask a question and half the remnants of this community try to murder you through the computer screen? Gosh you guys are savages.

I'm not stupid, I was just simply asking if there were some decent video tutorials laying around. If you guys simply choose to waste your own time just to troll or act smug then whatever floats your boat I guess.

I also figured that not only does this help with my Halo modding but Adjutant has been a great help to me in getting Halo assets into my Fallout game... I'm going to post a video soon: 50 unarmed Chips Dubbos VS a mythic deathclaw.
Edited by CHRISPOCALYP5E on Mar 5, 2017 at 11:16 PM
Edited by CHRISPOCALYP5E on Mar 7, 2017 at 04:02 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Adjutant tutorials? Mar 2, 2017 05:47 PM (Total replies: 9)

I swear if I google anything about adjutant all I get are bsp videos.

I was just seeing if any of you knew any better tutorials, I like to reference them or my notepad I made because I don't mod as often any more and I tend to forget steps.

Wait... I'm not hallucinating... The hell? I responded to a post recently here and it is gone and it looks like I responded to myself now... Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?
Edited by CHRISPOCALYP5E on Mar 2, 2017 at 05:48 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Adjutant tutorials? Mar 1, 2017 05:43 PM (Total replies: 9)

Actually apart from sound and bsp extraction (its all I know how to do so far) do you know of any other tutorials that show you how to extract models, animations, shaders, bitmaps etc? Better yet, are extracting those four items listed above possible?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Adjutant tutorials? Mar 1, 2017 01:11 AM (Total replies: 9)

Never mind I figured it all out.

Edited by CHRISPOCALYP5E on Mar 1, 2017 at 01:38 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Post your Top 10 HCE mappers/modders Feb 16, 2017 08:13 PM (Total replies: 89)

HCE mappers/modders...

Well I only have one favourite mapper so far and the name of this mapper team is Bungie. You guys ever play any Bungie maps? Death Island, Bloodgulch, Ice Fields etc.

I hear Bloodgulch is REALLY popular in this community, inspiring just about every modder here to have some kind of personal modified version of it.

Edited by CHRISPOCALYP5E on Feb 16, 2017 at 08:15 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT SPV3 Question + Idea Feb 14, 2017 07:00 PM (Total replies: 6)

Since the dawn of that universal UI (is the author thinking of updating it any time soon? Could anyone just modify the UI to show every map?) CMT's SPV3 showed some new missions that aren't part of the tradition 10. Did Master or anything on the internet mention if these will be coming with the final five missions? Or will the extras come out in the future once we have all 10 traditional campaign missions?

I just tuned into Storm's CE NOW this morning and see he mentioned Master's post about the cross map feature. Is this carrying over a Scorpion from B40-C10 or B40-C40? I'm guessing its my second guess (more logical) but anyway apart from the left over marines being carried over, has someone already mentioned leaving the Scorpion parked in B40 at the end of the mission and then instead of the Warthog in C40, it is actually your old tank? That would be so useful for taking on the next segment in C40 if that's the case.

Going back to the marines, so does this mean if you were to have for example: 1 AR marine and 1 PR marine stay behind at that second last outdoor area, they'd still be there in C40 or the game would do some kind of script magic, memorise and spawn those two types of marines once you arrive in that location in C40? Regardless, I want to point out a flaw. Master I assume you'd be adding or changing dialogue? If this is the case, Fire Team Zulu towards the end of B40 is told by Cortana to hold position and await EVAC. I'm going to assume new dialogue would be added to explain that the EVAC never came? Just wanted to point that plot flaw out.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Making AI drive any vehicle? Feb 1, 2017 06:49 AM (Total replies: 3)

When I want a marine to wield a rocket launcher I changed the weapon's label from rl to ar.

Maybe the w-driver in the warthog's seats section needs to be changed or the entire bipeds animation needs to be changed since I don't know if an elite would sit in the hog properly.

Unarmed marines in future Halo games would sit in a warthog standing in a T position so I'll assume the elite would do the same thing or something similar... Maybe try ripping some MP elite that can use vehicles and see how those tags are set up...

Or wait for an actual modding professional to explain this! I like to post help but I am afraid of being totally wrong...

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Is it illegal? Feb 1, 2017 06:41 AM (Total replies: 7)

I just need a quick fact check here (finally got perma-banned from those corrupt idiots at Waypoint so I cannot ask there)... Some people weren't too pleased when I mentioned making a Fallout mod with stuff I ripped from Custom Edition nor making a HCE mod with Fallout 4 and Halo 5 assets...

Now, is modding illegal? There is some underground gaming network that hosts files that cannot be listed on the fallout nexus due to copyright etc. and I'm not sure if HCE itself would have some hidden files there too for the same reason.

I mean its not like I care, my stuff is private (unless I take pictures, videos or release it) so I'm technically not violating anything right? I mean I am but its not like I'm distributing anything especially for profits or claiming ownership...

...OR am I just acting overly paranoid and should just shut up and continue on my project?

EDIT: Relax, its just a curious question. Thanks for the info dudes. I always had this on my mind ever since I heard of modding and the kind of attitudes it receives in various communities.
Edited by CHRISPOCALYP5E on Feb 2, 2017 at 06:37 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » People talk about tag corruption but... Jan 28, 2017 07:41 PM (Total replies: 31)

No SBB you are. Why? Because your in love with an avatar and fantasise so much over him/her and abuse other users. You my friend, are the dumb one. Now in the other thread you found your brain and acted somewhat normal, can you please continue it? Thanks I'm really getting annoyed with your crap now. Seriously. Just stop.

I don't know what this user has done to scar you but taking your crap out on me wont solve your issue.

SBB, thank you for acting civil and attempt to answer my question minus the abuse, much appreciated, seriously I'm serious.

Twin, you should get an award for user of the year. THANK YOU SO MUCH. About time a 'sane' person read and posted in one of my threads...

Ok lock thread before the off-topic hate continues, thanks for the information once again.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » People talk about tag corruption but... Jan 28, 2017 06:56 PM (Total replies: 31)

Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster

Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
Protip: You should post with both accounts at the same time, replying to yourself. It might actually fool somebody into believing you.

LOL

Oh my god he actually did it. I can't even, I literally cannot even. I'm done, 100% finished. KO'd

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/25/f4/85/25f485595daaecb906ea88920840be1c.jpg
Edited by DeadHamster on Jan 28, 2017 at 02:27 PM

So in the midst of your obscurity, obsession and straight up stupidity, not only your so stupid and think I'm two different avatars on one site, you wanted me, IF I WAS myself and noob's account, to 'post to myself', well buddy, your either that dumb or... Well you are that dumb. I cannot reply to myself anywhere unless someone posts after me, so where on this site is 2 Chris-Chris posts? Your just mad because I'm his/her friend and grilling your Uranus every time those dumb fingers of yours types garbage on this site.

You know as much as I can tell your just trolling I really want to reach through this screen and slap that stupid look off your face. You know what, stuff it, your his/her alternative account. See how easy was that? Piss off and stop pretending. What your doing is that your trying to accuse others and play a blame game when really your hiding the fact your an alternative account you wank. F### off and get a life or go mod. Oh wait you can't do neither because you get a 'rush' harassing forum users. GG mate your a star. Twat.

Your just a washed up wanabe who wants some attention and I'm proud to give it to you. Poor Hamster.

I can easily prove I'm not Noob by uploading hundreds of mods I'm sure he/she is incapable of doing, no offence (reading some of the threads, yeah I got a few things you idiots were discussing a while ago) but I won't share anything as not only will I NOT get anything in return BUT I don't want to ruin your little fantasy your living in and enjoying, I don't want to make your purpose less irrelevant than it already is since I'm already concerned about your mental health and paranoia about a forum user. If I'm mad at someone I don't stalk them in forums and harass them. Look at yourself buddy. Your sick.
Edited by CHRISPOCALYP5E on Jan 28, 2017 at 07:06 PM

Time: Thu March 30, 2017 10:31 AM 125 ms.
A Halo Maps Website