A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: GEMIS 037
About Contact
Last Post: Mar 3, 2017 04:25 AM
Interests:
Your Age: 21
What Games do you play: Halo CE

Post Statistics
GEMIS 037 has contributed to 7 posts out of 462986 total posts (0.00%) in 118 days (.06 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » SPV2 actual beta releases Mar 3, 2017 04:25 AM (Total replies: 71)

Exploding tunnel?
When I load up that mission, I just end up with a bunch of empty corridors and dead ends. Here's a video on it that I uploaded just last month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vpJ9-NwWj8
Edited by GEMIS 037 on Mar 3, 2017 at 04:26 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » SPV2 actual beta releases Feb 3, 2017 11:26 AM (Total replies: 71)

Overall, SPv2 was a very ambitious and impressive mod. I rate it 7/10.

Y'know what would be exiting? If C10 and D20 were bigger in SPv3.

C10: Make the level start out normal; So that at first, the swamp at the start is the same, and the underground complex to the flood containment room is also the same.
But when we try to escape, replace the geometry (the one we're all used to) of the way out with an entirely new BSP that's far more complex and challenging. I remember getting lost the 1st time I played Halo 1. I want to get lost down there again. It'll bring back vibes we all got when we first played it. Memories of fear and confusion as we tried to escape. And when we exit the facility, make the swamp bigger, more complex, and more scary/ambient. That would be an exhilarating experience.

D20: Again with the idea from above. SPv2's version of D20 was surprising because we start in a new area of the ship. It'd be good to have this expanded upon in SPv3. And like my suggestion for C10, make D20's swamp even bigger and more complex. If you can.
Edited by GEMIS 037 on Feb 3, 2017 at 11:27 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » SPV2 actual beta releases Feb 3, 2017 06:58 AM (Total replies: 71)

I don't really know how to use a script extractor. So I'll just post here.

I like how D40 has a new starting area. But of course there are flaws in it's design.
For starters there are many void doorways that are dead ends.

I love the concept of the broken covenant doors and I give a 9.5/10 on their animation. But when the broken doors are open, they're JUST too narrow for me to go through as they're my only sense of direction, so I have to flycam my way through.

I come across a small room with a broken door and a drop-off. The broken door leads to a void dead end, and the drop-off leads to a massive room with multiple dead ends when you look at the doorways, except for one which leads to a section of hallways with more dead ends. So I have literally no way of knowing which way I need to go to progress, and switching bsps manually for over a dozen void dead ends would be both time consuming and futile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vpJ9-NwWj8&feature=youtu.be
Edited by GEMIS 037 on Feb 3, 2017 at 07:02 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » SPV2 actual beta releases Feb 2, 2017 05:26 PM (Total replies: 71)

Well, after BSP 13, 14 and 15(I think), the next order is bsp 5, (Where you find light bridges that are impassible because you fall through and can't spawn a banshee, so you'll need to flycam your way accross) and then bsp 1, where you finally reach "Rolling Thunder"

Talk about an unfinished map. If the triggers aren't in the same location as the portals, it was a bit of a challenge to figure out the bsp numbers after devmode commanding one number at a time. But I pulled through.

I just wonder how broken the other SPv2 maps are. I'll continue to post on this page if I find any more problems with the official maps.

With the BSPs in AOTCR, it's amazing to see how ambitious the project was, they all look awesome. Too bad I had to go through it by switching BSPs manually.

Halo CE General Discussion » SPV2 actual beta releases Feb 2, 2017 04:23 PM (Total replies: 71)

I used the Devmode command "switch_bsp 13".
I tried one number at a time trying to find something the dark blue void. I reached the area I was stuck in when I typed bsp 12, so a realisation struck me and I did the 13th bsp and the next area loaded. Thus De-loading the previous area.

But now there's a new problem. When I load the next bsp, it doesn't load any enemies, and when I reach the end of it, there's a new "ARTEEN" wall for the 14th bsp which also doesn't load any enemies.

How do I fix this? How do I make the enemies load?

Halo CE General Discussion » SPV2 actual beta releases Feb 2, 2017 11:50 AM (Total replies: 71)

Turns out, I didn't stabilise the video properly. Stabilising is in process.
Anyway, the solid "ARTEEN" wall is a pain.
Edited by GEMIS 037 on Feb 2, 2017 at 12:01 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » SPV2 actual beta releases Feb 2, 2017 07:29 AM (Total replies: 71)

You know how in AOTCR, you said there's a bad portal and if I go through it the rest of the geometry should load?
Well, I went through the portal and now there's a solid wall that says "ARTEEN" and now I really can't progress.
How do I fix this WITHOUT restarting the level? I tried reverting to my last checkpoint but nothing. Is there a "switch_BSP" command I can use?

Here's a video of the bug.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVjI7tPRTnQ&feature=youtu.be
Edited by GEMIS 037 on Feb 2, 2017 at 07:31 AM

Time: Tue May 30, 2017 3:36 AM 204 ms.
A Halo Maps Website